Page 1 of 2
Roflpwn
486 IQ
Tried searching, no results.
Cool band that released a cool album called "Get Disowned" this year. Were called Hop Along Queen Ansleis (if that rings any bells) before.

Listen and discuss etc.
http://hopalong.bandcamp.com/
guitar_rules311
Hayden
722 IQ
Get Disowned is great. Tibetan Pop Stars is one of my favourite songs so far this year
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
rockfan7
UG's Best Surface Tension
1,525 IQ
Just got "Get Disowned" in the mail the other day, they didn't label side A and side B so it was confusing I'm also seeing these guys with Swearin' and Porches the sunday after next. Should be awesome.
daytripper75
Hold mah diiiick!
2,960 IQ
I should listen to them again. I tried to a few months back, but for some reason I couldn't dig it.
due 07
haaan
2,902 IQ
Get Disowned is one of my favorites of the year.
Last edited by due 07 at Aug 27, 2012,
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
She's a they now?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Doolittle
:liplick:
844 IQ
Quote by rockfan7
I'm also seeing these guys with Swearin' and Porches the sunday after next. Should be awesome.

I was thinking about going to that show, but I dislike Porches. Have fun anyways! I'm going to catch Hop Along at my school, although Swearin' won't be playing with them and I'd rather see Swearin' than Hop Along. I'm sure her sound has changed significantly since I saw them a few years ago.

rockfan7
UG's Best Surface Tension
1,525 IQ
Quote by Doolittle
I was thinking about going to that show, but I dislike Porches. Have fun anyways! I'm going to catch Hop Along at my school, although Swearin' won't be playing with them and I'd rather see Swearin' than Hop Along. I'm sure her sound has changed significantly since I saw them a few years ago.

Eh I haven't listened to them, the concert is at my school and it's there first big event of the year so I'm inclined. Swearin' is pretty awesome from what I've heard, I'll probably get some of there stuff at the merch table.
ricta2
245 IQ
I'm gonna be creepin' on this thread soooo hard
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
NOBODY DESERVES YOU THE WAY THAT I DO.

That's true. She does deserve me.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
BK202
The Shape of Jazz To Come
614 IQ
Quote by punkforlife93
Trust me, it'll grow on ya if you give it a chance, it's filling the void left by Algernon Cadwallader for me.

I have a feeling it'll be like Lemuria for me, where it doesn't click for like two years and then finally does and is awesome.
ricta2
245 IQ
Quote by punkforlife93
Trust me, it'll grow on ya if you give it a chance, it's filling the void left by Algernon Cadwallader for me.

Woah, woah, let's not get crazy now. Filling in the void algernon left? I mean hop along is good.

But not that good.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Algernon is average. Hop Along is great.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

ricta2
245 IQ
I like her voice quite a bit, I think it fits the music really well.

Not to mention I can't help but smiling every time she cracks it :]
due 07
haaan
2,902 IQ
Quote by daytripper75
I think it's the vocals. I just can't really enjoy them.

That's the best part.
daytripper75
Hold mah diiiick!
2,960 IQ
Quote by due 07
That's the best part.

I have to disagree.

Her voice just gets irritating at times. I've certainly heard worse, but it doesn't do the music any favors.
due 07
haaan
2,902 IQ
Quote by daytripper75
I have to disagree.

Her voice just gets irritating at times. I've certainly heard worse, but it doesn't do the music any favors.

dude nooooo, her voice is so great. "Laments" is the best song of the year. Her voice is perfect at like 2:00.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTqjX2k6JNY
due 07
haaan
2,902 IQ
Quote by punkforlife93
That part of the song has been stuck in my head for the past hour or so.

Welcome to my hell. :s
punkforlife93
Call me Jed.
2,405 IQ
Ah, that seriously is song of the year, I forgot about that bit at 3:30. SO freaking good. At 4:15 too. That whole freaking song is amazing. I'm so pissed I didn't get to see more of their set at Fest, they started playing while people were still locked outside because they had to stick to the schedule, such a bummer
phoenix_crush
Former Registered User
1,130 IQ
Quote by BK202
Wasn't bad, probably wouldn't listen again though

Mikey and Doug love this band so I had to listen a bunch on the way to the show we played without you. Was aight. Don't get the obsession, tbh.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Quote by phoenix_crush
Mikey and Doug love this band so I had to listen a bunch on the way to the show we played without you. Was aight. Don't get the obsession, tbh.
Beautiful songs, great lyrics, creative, incredible vocals, etc.

I love seeing them grow into this.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

due 07
haaan
2,902 IQ
Quote by punkforlife93
Ah, that seriously is song of the year, I forgot about that bit at 3:30. SO freaking good. At 4:15 too. That whole freaking song is amazing. I'm so pissed I didn't get to see more of their set at Fest, they started playing while people were still locked outside because they had to stick to the schedule, such a bummer

haha ikr, like i always think "shit this part of the song slays" "wait no THIS part of the song slays!" and so on
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
I'm gonna be creepin' on ya...soooo haaarrddd

I don't know the emotion relevant to how this part makes me feel.
InstantAXonHero
713 IQ
I enjoy this, I also get a real Charlie's coffeshop waitress girlfriend vibe from her.
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
ricta2
245 IQ
Quote by InstantAXonHero
I enjoy this, I also get a real Charlie's coffeshop waitress girlfriend vibe from her.

But Francis is so much nicer than the waitress!

Also, some grace has to be my favorite song off of "get disowned" The ending part is soooo good.
due 07
haaan
2,902 IQ
That's funny, I always start the album at "Tibetan Pop Stars" because I love that song. So I hardly ever listen to the first track. ><
ricta2
245 IQ
I love "Tibetian pop stars" as well but I dunno, the ending of "some grace" really gets to me for some reason, haha.
ricta2
245 IQ
Starting to realize how good Get Disowned actually is. I mean, I liked it before, but shit, all of the songs off of it are starting to become perfect to me.