hahaha15
2,052 IQ
do famous drummers do this or do they use a met?
whoomit
1,492 IQ
A few use metrenomes, but most don't. As far as I'm aware, a lot will only use metrenomes if they need the song to be 100% accurate, like if recorded synth or something is playing throughout the whole song.
Last edited by whoomit at Sep 18, 2012,
beer bear
UG's Hermit
116 IQ
Some use metronomes, if they have to change time signatures in songs. Going from 4/4 to 9/16 will sprain your mind.
Niiko
Behemoth of cheese!
642 IQ
A lot of pop/hip hop acts will use metronomes or a time keeping beat of sorts for their drummers to keep everything tight. It's really only anything that uses samples or an electronic track live, stuff like that requires a metronome. Rock bands vary, I've seen some use metronomes on a few occasions and not on others.

Basically what Whoomit said
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Skinny91
Object-beater
1,561 IQ
It seems to depend on the genre, most of the bands I know that play to a click are metal bands. Avenged Sevenfold play to a click I believe, Periphery do, and so do Billy Clyro because I heard it going just before they started there set. Animals as Leaders run everything (lights and stuff) through a laptop next to Matt so they will have to play to a metronome to sync up with it.

Saying that Dave Lombardo didn't play to a click until 1993 I think he said. It kind of depends on the genre, using the metronome can be a bit of a groove killer for something like funk or jazz.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp