Would anyone know what key this progression is in?

Dm/A, Em/G, A#no5

Sorry in advance for the repetitive-ness....
Last edited by The_Musician321 at Oct 9, 2012,
Qm with a sharp 7.5
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
That looks like the key of C, with a borrowed A# (or Bb) from it's parallel minor.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by King Of Suede
Qm with a sharp 7.5

Oh that sounds like a scale I've heard of.

It's called go **** yourself.

To the person that was actually helpful.... Thanks for the help. Again sorry for the noob question.
i think king was far more helpful in his answer we're holding TS in trial to determine the legitimacy of his reasoning facilities
Quote by theogonia777
Hail killed MT

Quote by jongtr
I want to be Hail when I grow up.
Quote by The_Musician321
Would anyone know what key this progression is in?

Dm/A, Em/G, A#no5

Sorry in advance for the repetitive-ness....

Is there more context?

Other chords, song, time signature, rhythm?
Quote by mdc
Is there more context?

Other chords, song, time signature, rhythm?

No song that's been put out. This is just a section of something I'm working on. I've tried to work out the key myself but the chords are kind of wierd so I needed help.

Let me make a correction. It's Dm/A, E5, Em/G, A#no5. And meter is 4/4.
^^^ The other parts you're working on, do they have chords?
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by The_Musician321
No song that's been put out. This is just a section of something I'm working on. I've tried to work out the key myself but the chords are kind of wierd so I needed help.

Let me make a correction. It's Dm/A, E5, Em/G, A#no5. And meter is 4/4.

Ok so I'll guess how you voice these... one chord per bar in 4/4 I'll assume
1---0-
3---0-
2---0-
--2---8
0-2---5
--0-3-6

It resolves to D Minor. The E chord's aren't diatonic, though. Label A#no5 as Bb also.
Ok let me go ahead and just tab it out. Probably would have been more helpful in the beginning.

Dm/A E5 Em/G Bbno5
e----------------------------------
b----------------------------------
G---------------------------------
D--3--------2----2---------------
A----5------2----2------5--------
E----5------0----3------6--------

That's the way I play the chords. It's in 4/4, and I play each chord once, play the root palm muted twice before playing moving to the next chord. Same way the main riff in Metallica - Orion is played.
Quote by The_Musician321
Ok let me go ahead and just tab it out. Probably would have been more helpful in the beginning.

Dm/A E5 Em/G Bbno5
e----------------------------------
b----------------------------------
G---------------------------------
D--3--------2----2---------------
A----5------2----2------5--------
E----5------0----3------6--------

That's the way I play the chords. It's in 4/4, and I play each chord once, play the root palm muted twice before playing moving to the next chord. Same way the main riff in Metallica - Orion is played.

D Minor. Listen to how it resolves... back to D minor every time. After you play Bb, hit a Dm chord and just sustain it... you can hear that it sounds finished (resolved) on Dm.
Last edited by mdc at Oct 10, 2012,
Ok I appreciate the help with this one of hundreds of the "what key is this progression" threads.

I'm trying to figure out a decent scale to use with this progression and being sure about the key is a big help. I was playing a E Lydian Diminished which sounded ok at some points, but something about it overall just didn't sound right.
Quote by The_Musician321
I was playing a E Lydian Diminished which sounded ok at some points, but something about it overall just didn't sound right.

D Minor scale, dude.