Page 1 of 2
The trailer has been released for World War Z.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcwTxRuq-uk&feature=youtu.be

So, thoughts?

It doesn't look anything like the book, but the book wouldn't make a great movie to be honest. More suited for a TV show. Don't know why they didn't just make a TV show then. Looks like a kinda average zombie movie though. Except that they can totem stack or some shit now.

Also, George Square.
Another zombie apoc?

meh
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Looking forward to it
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I don't like the way the zombies are shown in the trailer. There are hundreds running over each other and flying back like they have been hit with a cannon. Plus it looks like a great portion of the film is just CGI.

All in all, way too Hollywood.
Quote by homeless-john

It doesn't look anything like the book, but the book wouldn't make a great movie to be honest.

Ya, the book wouldn't really translate to anything other than a book. Movies that spend ages in discussion of geopolitics and military tactics don't tend to do so well.

Movie looks shit, I hope they at least paid Max Brooks a lot of money to use the name.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Book had a lot of potential as a miniseries IMO, this movie is squandering it.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Quote by cho0onger
Book had a lot of potential as a miniseries IMO, this movie is squandering it.

I would have really liked to see it done in a documentary style, with "reconstructed" footage and so on for some scenes. Would definitely have to be a series though.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I would have really liked to see it done in a documentary style, with "reconstructed" footage and so on for some scenes. Would definitely have to be a series though.

Ooo I hadn't thought of that. I'm totally gonna steal that when I talk about this with IRL people.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Looks badass. Nice to see a zombie movie that understands the 'wall of flesh' thing.

The CGI is kind of lame though.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Nov 9, 2012,
Looked somewhat "meh", but it's a zombie movie, so i'll watch it.
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by JackalUK
I don't like the way the zombies are shown in the trailer. There are hundreds running over each other and flying back like they have been hit with a cannon. Plus it looks like a great portion of the film is just CGI.

All in all, way too Hollywood.

Maybe they should form a zombie union to prevent this kind of thing happening again.
WWZ in name only.
Fucking China.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
It would have worked better as a documentary style series. With the events some of the Interviews discuss being played out with him doing a voice over of the interview at times, interspersed by the interview itself at times.
Quote by Draken
It would have worked better as a documentary style series. With the events some of the Interviews discuss being played out with him doing a voice over of the interview at times, interspersed by the interview itself at times.

Plus Max Brooks would have been in it, way better than Brad Pitt.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Well, I'm looking forward to it. To hell with the naysayers.
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.

Quote by matt bickerton
Doesn't at all surprise me why so many people here tend to think you're a douche
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Well, I'm looking forward to it. To hell with the naysayers.

I am too. But it looks like 28 Days Later in NYC.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
I am too. But it looks like 28 Days Later in NYC.

Yeah, except with CGI zombies instead of makeup zombies, and I don't remember seeing a film set on the first day of the epidemic. It should be interesting.
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.

Quote by matt bickerton
Doesn't at all surprise me why so many people here tend to think you're a douche
Since when did zombies do that....
I mean...do they actually like all pile on top of each other to climb walls?
Quote by Highelf04

You've never seen a zombie pile-on wall climb?

What rock have you been living under?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Highelf04

Life, forever. One can barely walk down a common high street without seeing a column of zombies.
Quote by Todd Hart
Life, forever. One can barely walk down a common high street without seeing a column of zombies.

I have always enjoyed watching them try to climb the Eiffel Tower.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Looks not too bad. I don't think it will be as Awesome as the better zombie movies like Dawn of the Dead and 28 Days Later. Hopefully i'm wrong however
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez

Small but notable role.

Guess he cooks up new super meth and this starts the Zombie apocolyse?

PSN ID: ArranP
To make it a faithful adaptation of the book they'd have to make it an hours long Ken Burns-style documentary.

For a movie, this looks pretty badass.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Complete tripe. I can't express my disdain for it (but I'll try). As a massive zombie enthusiast, this hurts my soul. The script went through several rewrites during pre-production, and they of course settled on the most generic Hollywood formula; one man (Brad Pitt) must save the world from the terrible infection pandemic. And the massive CGI swarms of zombies? It's fucking I Am Legend all over again. Oh, also, they have to be running, because it's not the fast-paced adrenaline rush that the masses require otherwise.

Once again, an example of a filmmaker who's looking to get a blockbuster hit, rather than create a great piece of work. The problem is, too many filmmakers don't seem to understand the difference.

I don't expect it to be a complete adaptation of the book. I find it would be difficult to make that transition, though it could still be done well. But this is just dirty brown water trash.

Quote by magnus_maximus
Just for future reference, I hated the remake of Dawn of the Dead.

I found it entertaining to some degree, but... actually, no. You're right, it was a piece of crap.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Last edited by DonGlover at Nov 9, 2012,
This appears to both blow and suck at the same time.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal

A turbo?

Quote by apmaman
A turbo?

I mean blow and suck in their pejorative, not literal, sense.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal

A skill perfected by your mum.
Last edited by Portuguese_boy at Nov 9, 2012,
Quote by magnus_maximus
Just for future reference, I hated the remake of Dawn of the Dead.

Just to add something else to the record, World War Z is a dreadful book.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
A skill perfected by your mum.

Ever consider a career in comedy?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by ErikLensherr
To make it a faithful adaptation of the book they'd have to make it an hours long Ken Burns-style documentary.

For a movie, this looks pretty badass.
I don't understand why you'd bother with the book at all then really.

Plus, the documentary format can add a lot to it. Sure some stuff would have to be cut, I can't see the shit about community watch going over well for example, but there would be scenes in that which would look absolutely incredible (man, picture the Battle of Yonkers rendered with a proper Hollywood budget), would have wonderful amounts of tension (the pilot on the run from Zombies) or emotion (The family early in the book emigrating to Israel), or horror (the beginning of the Pandemic, in China).

But not only do you get the eye candy at Yonkers or the emotional scenes of decimation in the Russian Military, you also get to keep what really set the book apart from the standard Zombie narrative: the huge amount of research that Brooks put in to it.

Obviously Yonkers is boring on film if it's just Max Brooks and some dude sitting in a chair talking about Military Strategy, but equally it's pointless if it's just a load of Michael Bay style explosions and scary zombies. What I'd really like to see is the footage of Yonkers done in a flashback or reconstruction style thing, but where you can still hear the strategy stuff overlaid on it.

The documentary form allows the best of both worlds for World War Z in film, it would be a pity to see it watered down so much as to be unrecognisable.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I don't understand why you'd bother with the book at all then really.

Plus, the documentary format can add a lot to it. Sure some stuff would have to be cut, I can't see the shit about community watch going over well for example, but there would be scenes in that which would look absolutely incredible (man, picture the Battle of Yonkers rendered with a proper Hollywood budget), would have wonderful amounts of tension (the pilot on the run from Zombies) or emotion (The family early in the book emigrating to Israel), or horror (the beginning of the Pandemic, in China).

But not only do you get the eye candy at Yonkers or the emotional scenes of decimation in the Russian Military, you also get to keep what really set the book apart from the standard Zombie narrative: the huge amount of research that Brooks put in to it.

Obviously Yonkers is boring on film if it's just Max Brooks and some dude sitting in a chair talking about Military Strategy, but equally it's pointless if it's just a load of Michael Bay style explosions and scary zombies. What I'd really like to see is the footage of Yonkers done in a flashback or reconstruction style thing, but where you can still hear the strategy stuff overlaid on it.

The documentary form allows the best of both worlds for World War Z in film, it would be a pity to see it watered down so much as to be unrecognisable.

Yep, this just about covers it.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
If they wanted to make a World War Z movie, should've done it just like District 9 was done.

Regardless, I think it will most likely be a good movie and I'm looking forward to it. But it isn't World War Z: The Movie, they just bought the name for the free publicity.

And to reiterate what Todd Hart said, the book really isn't that great. Sure, when I was 14 or 15 it was awesome. Now, years later? I probably couldn't make it through a quarter of it. Same with the survival guide, if it came out today I doubt I'd even give it a second glance.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by ChrisBW
If they wanted to make a World War Z movie, should've done it just like District 9 was done.

Regardless, I think it will most likely be a good movie and I'm looking forward to it. But it isn't World War Z: The Movie, they just bought the name for the free publicity.

And to reiterate what Todd Hart said, the book really isn't that great. Sure, when I was 14 or 15 it was awesome. Now, years later? I probably couldn't make it through a quarter of it. Same with the survival guide, if it came out today I doubt I'd even give it a second glance.

but district 9 was terrible.

Looks like crap.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by apmaman
but district 9 was terrible.

No, it's pretty good. And the format is pretty much exactly right for WWZ.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Page 1 of 2