Spaztikko
80 IQ
On the main page, it is such:

Guitar Techniques (34 Viewing)
The forum for discussing techniques. For beginners and experts alike, come in sit down and have fun!

Correction below. Just grammar nazi-ing it up a bit.

The forum for discussing techniques. For beginners and experts alike. Come in, sit down and have fun!

Yeah, idk. it's messing with me.
GaryBillington
Last of a Dyin' Breed
238 IQ
Actually it can be argued that it promotes better technique to practice standing up, therefore perhaps complete removal of the 'sit down' part would be better?

Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
172 IQ
Quote by GaryBillington
Actually it can be argued that it promotes better technique to practice standing up, therefore perhaps complete removal of the 'sit down' part would be better?

"Guitar Techniques (654 Viewing)
The forum for discussing techniques. For beginners and experts alike. Come in, set up the metronome and have fun!"

Or maybe a hyphen or semicolon separating "alike" and "come in".
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Nov 15, 2012,
Spaztikko
80 IQ
It was mainly the lack of comma that was pissing me off, but then I had to make it make sense again.

Please fix this. If this is the only thing UG does for the next ten years, let it be this.
el_paso
144 IQ
This is one of the most inconsequential, cretinous threads i've ever read.
JagerSlushy
duckin the 12 olol
30 IQ
Quote by Spaztikko
Correction below. Just grammar nazi-ing it up a bit.

The forum for discussing techniques. For beginners and experts alike. Come in, sit down and have fun!

left a comma out after "down," brah.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Spaztikko
80 IQ
You don't place a comma before "and" in the list as it is the last topic.

Sorry. While it could be used in conversation to indicate a pause, it generally isn't correct and then I'll spaz my shit and make a new thread to get that fixed as well.
spiderjerusalem
10 IQ
The problem with the first one is a hanging modifier (which you fixed) (I may not have the correct term there.

The problem with the correction is that it has a rather atrocious sentence fragment.

I applaud your belief in grammar (it helps us, you know, coherently communicate) but you fixed a problem by creating another thereby destroying your credibility and perhaps creating a problem you initially sought to resolve (run-on my ass).

Also, yes, that needs to be fixed.

edit: Slightly more correct:

This is the forum for discussing techniques for beginners and experts alike. Come in, sit down, and have fun!

Damn it, if we're going to be grammar nazis we may as well include the Oxford comma.
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Last edited by spiderjerusalem at Nov 15, 2012,
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
172 IQ
Quote by spiderjerusalem

edit: Slightly more correct:

This is the forum for discussing techniques for beginners and experts alike. Come in, sit down, and have fun!

Your first sentence is too damn long, 'for discussing for beginners' sounds like ass.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do