JBieber4EVA
30 IQ
I'm looking for a good fuzz pedal. Something that can get that crazy "holy crap my amps about to explode" fuzz. Right now I've got my eye set on the original Big Muff but I was wondering if anyone out there knows something even better?
iwannabesedated
Out There
80 IQ
Yeah, Death By Audio is the way to go for that kind of sound. Fuzz War is a great choice.

Blackout Effectors Musket Fuzz would also be good.
iwannabesedated
Out There
80 IQ
Quote by JBieber4EVA
That musket fuzz sounds sick (in a good way)

Great pedal. Tweaked Big Muff circuit with a Power Boost in front.
evening_crow
Live: from Japan!!!
40 IQ
Quote by JBieber4EVA
Oh if it helps id like to keep it around $150 (US)

The Pharaoh is exactly $150.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
Hi!!! I'm Bob.
(")_(")

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

Founder of the "I ♥ Fire" Club PM me to join.
Gen. Crow of the Pizza Bite Army
Me. Naked.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Metal_Mesh
10 IQ
The Zvex Fuzz Factory is really good for that type of insane sound.

But even better is probably the Redwitch Fuzzgod II. Tried it and i was blown away. It has a gate that is accessible with a footswitch so you can make your amp scream. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpEW_gnJkk0
Guitars and basses:

Fender Blacktop Telecaster|Epiphone Junior SG|Ibanez Lawsuit Strat|anelectro '63|Eagle tele w/ P-90s|Duke LP-copy|Cort B2A bass|Ibanez AW-40TCS
AWACS
I want all of the things
440 IQ
My buddy said he could never quite find a right sound with the Fuzz God II. Something was always kind of "off". Take what you will from that. I like my Way Huge Swollen Pickle
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Metal_Mesh
10 IQ
Quote by AWACS
My buddy said he could never quite find a right sound with the Fuzz God II. Something was always kind of "off". Take what you will from that. I like my Way Huge Swollen Pickle

Maybe. Then the Zvex is probably better.

But TS asked for "a pedal that makes your amp sounds like it is dying" and then the Fuzzgod and the Zvex is the right choice.
Guitars and basses:

Fender Blacktop Telecaster|Epiphone Junior SG|Ibanez Lawsuit Strat|anelectro '63|Eagle tele w/ P-90s|Duke LP-copy|Cort B2A bass|Ibanez AW-40TCS
cha33 armstrong
175 IQ
trex tonebug fuzz is on my crimbo list
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
ikey_
370 IQ
dues ex machina by blackmore effects.

something by devi ever - 100 different fuzz pedals that make your ears want to bleed.....
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
JBieber4EVA
30 IQ
Well guys I have it down to either the Big Muff, the Fuzz War, or the Musket Fuzz. On a side note, has anyone had any experience buying used pedals off Ebay or is direct from the maker the best way to go? I dont wanna get ripped off again
ikey_
370 IQ
oh im sorry i didnt include a video to persuade you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZCORJgoFt4
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
iwannabesedated
Out There
80 IQ
Quote by JBieber4EVA
Well guys I have it down to either the Big Muff, the Fuzz War, or the Musket Fuzz. On a side note, has anyone had any experience buying used pedals off Ebay or is direct from the maker the best way to go? I dont wanna get ripped off again

I've bought a dozen or so pedals on ebay, and I've sold as many on there. I've never had a problem myself, they do a pretty good job protecting buyers (wish they did as much protecting sellers).

Ebay is a good way to go.
pinheadslts75
BrainDamage
80 IQ
Dwarfcraft Eau Claire Thunder or Baby Thundaa with the tone knob bypassed. Big, huge, loud muff style fuzz with a full, open frequency response.
JBieber4EVA
30 IQ
Have any of you guys checked out the Mojo Hand Colossus fuzz? I just found some stuff on it and it nails those David Gilmour Big Muff tones I love but doesnt have all that much gain. You think running it through my MXR classic overdrive would take it to that "dying amp" Jack White territory?
Last edited by JBieber4EVA at Nov 24, 2012,