emerald876
571 IQ
I was wondering if I would run into any intonation issues or anything tuning to Drop A on an ESP LTD Viper 300, seeing as it's a 24.75" scale length.

If I could get a 7 string, I would, but I can't afford one for a while.

Also, what string gauge would work well for Drop A?
Guitars:
LTD Viper 300FM
Jackson DX10D
MIM Tele
MIM Strat
Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe - Stock Eminence Legend
Peavey Ultra Plus 120 Watt Head
Rivera R412T - Loaded with Celestion V30s
Pedals:
Boss NS-2
TC Flashback X4
TC Trinity Reverb
MrFlibble
Puts a bangin' donk on it
4,128 IQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7v6zzn5qgc

24.75" scale guitars (7 string, but that's irrelevant) tuned to A Standard with .010-.060 strings. Seems fine to me
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
rickyj
Unregistered user
1,938 IQ
Quote by MrFlibble

24.75" scale guitars (7 string, but that's irrelevant) tuned to A Standard with .010-.060 strings. Seems fine to me

only problem would be the .06 gauge string not sitting in the nut properly

... not to say that it definitely wont, that is.
Last edited by rickyj at Nov 29, 2012,
Sakke
Chaser of 'Tone'
919 IQ
^ .010? Whoah, that's like so slinky... At least .011. I use those on my Gibson and I'm in D standard. Also, my thickest string is .054 and it's decent for drop C, but not as good as .058

Quote by rickyj
only problem would be the .06 gauge string not sitting in the nut properly

Yep, that. But I don't see why say.. a luthier wouldn't do that for pretty much second to nothing if TS doesn't have a nut file. I think it should be just included when you get some other job done, like cleaning the guitar, adjusting truss rod, etc. I never pay for anything else than the new set of strings but well, I'm a long-time costumer at the local store.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Nov 29, 2012,
rickyj
Unregistered user
1,938 IQ
Quote by Sakke
^ .010? Whoah, that's like so slinky... At least .011.

He was referring to a 7 string, the highest string would still be tuned to an E in drop A.

my 7 string's high e is a .009
Sakke
Chaser of 'Tone'
919 IQ
Quote by rickyj
He was referring to a 7 string, the highest string would still be tuned to an E in drop A.

my 7 string's high e is a .009

Oh right, I missed that one, that he was talking about a 7-string. But a 6-string with a high B as .010 would be really slinky.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Minimallamb
644 IQ
I've got an ibanez 7321 and I've got a 0.070 but its kinda floppy for drop Aflat. But then again, I like really taught strings
Misha Mansoor:
Uplifting quote disguising failure as something to be proud of.
uncle_sprinter
338 IQ
Your gonna need some heavy strings. Unless you like the feel of spaghetti under your fingers. Other than that your g2g.
Eggs Are Delicious Go By eggs
-4 loves in this world-
Jackson Guitars
Dimarzio Pickups
Marshall Valvestate

Feel me brah?