crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Looking for some free basic drums VSTs (or whatever). I just want something where I can set the tempo and have it go. It'd be cool if the toms, kick, snare, overhead, & room were all individual VSTs or something, so I can add EQ adjustments and possibly reverb to the individual parts of the set.

Any ideas, guys? I'd really don't have the cash to actually buy a nice drum program.
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Nice drum programs aren't THAT pricey. I think about $30-40 will get you a basic version of SSD4.

Though I know there are some free ones out there, but I just can't remember what they're called.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by ChemicalFire
Nice drum programs aren't THAT pricey. I think about $30-40 will get you a basic version of SSD4.

I'll have to look that up. That's not a bad price.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Dec 5, 2012,
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by kyle62
- Drummix Beta
- MDrummer Lite
- Drumcore Free
- Jamstix

There are also some nice soundfonts out there. Personally I think Drummix is fantastic.

I'm gonna try out MDrummer Small (basically the newest version of "Lite"). If it has stuff I like, I may just go with that. Otherwise, I may buy SSD4 Custom, because I liked the sounds of their kits (even if they are a bit over-polished).

Edit:
Just gonna buy SSD4. It's $40 for several quality drum sets. MDrummer Small is basically incredibly limited (because they want you to buy MDrummer Large), in that I can barely edit anything. It also sounds like garbage. Drummix is nice, but is $200. SSD4 is my best bet, I'd say.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Dec 6, 2012,
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by kyle62
Wh...wh...what? It's free, and even the newer paid versions are only £30 or so!

It said you could buy the whole thing for $200. The free version it said lasted 7days or so.
kyle62
Need a dispenser here!
1,619 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
It said you could buy the whole thing for $200. The free version it said lasted 7days or so.

I don't know what you're looking at, but that's not the same one I'm talking about!

http://www.bluenoiseplugins.com/plugins/drummix/

The Beta Edition is completely free, while their premium ones are only $20 (total bargain).
T4D
30 guitars and counting..
485 IQ
giveToon Tracks Ezdrummer a try you can get it on special for $75 when a sale is on.

the reason i like this is the the workflow browsing beats dropping midi into the time line and the extra midi packs you can get for it are GREAT for a guitarist who just wants a beat to fit the tune.

I've brought many midi packs so far and had many a great weekend jamming over the new Midi ( & cheaper then a box of beer

I thought the sound was very good in EZdrummer BUT when I moved up to Superior Drummer WOW even better !! and all the midi still works

just a idea, SSD4 does look good i have not used it.
kyle62
Need a dispenser here!
1,619 IQ
Quote by T4D
giveToon Tracks Ezdrummer a try you can get it on special for $75 when a sale is on.

the reason i like this is the the workflow browsing beats dropping midi into the time line and the extra midi packs you can get for it are GREAT for a guitarist who just wants a beat to fit the tune.

I've brought many midi packs so far and had many a great weekend jamming over the new Midi ( & cheaper then a box of beer

I thought the sound was very good in EZdrummer BUT when I moved up to Superior Drummer WOW even better !!

I don't like the sound of EZDrummer - it comes across as far too fake and 'plastic' to be used in serious productions. But it's one hell of a songwriting tool!
T4D
485 IQ
Quote by kyle62
I don't like the sound of EZDrummer - it comes across as far too fake and 'plastic' to be used in serious productions. But it's one hell of a songwriting tool!

I was happy with the EZdrummer sound and really enjoyed the songwriting workflow with it,.. but I have to agree once I got Superior Drummer I looked back at the EZdrummer with a I can't beleave Superior Drummer sounds so SO much better.

Drumkit From Hell & Metal Machine Did give EZdrummer better sound BUT Superior Drummer is well Superior !! and then you add The Metal Foundry for SD and WOW !!

( maybe Ezdrummer maybe work great with the Ezmixer series from toontracks ? )
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
The only part of EZDrummer people seem to like is MetalMachine. The rest of it is ass and considering SSD4 is only $100 I don't see why you'd even consider EZDrummer as an option.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
T4D
485 IQ
Quote by ChemicalFire
The only part of EZDrummer people seem to like is MetalMachine. The rest of it is ass and considering SSD4 is only $100 I don't see why you'd even consider EZDrummer as an option.

half the reason I liked EZDrummer/Superior Drummer is the midi library song writing, researching, reviewing and arranging beats etc ,. and being able to buy more libraries.

good sound is Important YES ( the other half of the reason why i use it and upgrade to Superior Drummer ) but additional to that is having a good beat library and writing workflow makes it major feature for me as a guitarist.

sorry I could find any youtube on the workflow in SSD4 what is it like for that in reaper protools etc ? and how big is the and beat library and it's reviewing workflow ?
Last edited by T4D at Dec 11, 2012,
Sethis
171 IQ
Superior Drummer+expansions - If you know what you're doing or want to learn what you're doing
Ezdrummer(metal machine)/SSD - If you want good "ready to use" sounds

If you want free ones I think your best bet would be to find some good samples across the internet. You will get a very good sound out of them but your options will probably be limited like only hard hits etc. If you play metal/rock you might get away with it.
Last edited by Sethis at Dec 11, 2012,
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Quote by T4D
half the reason I liked EZDrummer/Superior Drummer is the midi library song writing, researching, reviewing and arranging beats etc ,. and being able to buy more libraries.

good sound is Important YES ( the other half of the reason why i use it and upgrade to Superior Drummer ) but additional to that is having a good beat library and writing workflow makes it major feature for me as a guitarist.

sorry I could find any youtube on the workflow in SSD4 what is it like for that in reaper protools etc ? and how big is the and beat library and it's reviewing workflow ?

It's beat library isn't exactly stellar... but since I can write my own beats no problem I don't see it as an issue. To me it sounds better than SD2 (having used both) and it's far less of a resource hog. To me it's a no brainer.

Quote by DisarmGoliath