Page 1 of 2
Sup 'Pit,

I'm in my last year of teacher training and I need your help. I study English and French and as a musician, I've chosen to do my dissertation on the different ways music can be used in class. Choosing English songs to use is no problem but it's a much bigger challenge to find interesting songs in French. So:

Recommend me some interesting music that has French vocals! With interesting I mean songs that consist of more than 4 chords and have a challening lyrical concept.

Thanks in advance!
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIV2cBa8yiU

Daïtro - Laissez Vivre Les Squelettes

Les squelettes dans mon placard jouent á la roulette russe avec les fusils de nos colá¨res;
vieux, rouillés et dangereux.
Je les entends hurler comme des damnés á travers des portes honteuses, l'animosité d'un amour éteint entre les má¢choires tandis que mes mains déjá trop vieilles pour áªtre les miennes se fatiguent sur les serrures.
Les vestiges de ceux qui sont passés avant moi sont les moulures de ce meuble hermétique et imperméable aux gémissements et aux implorations des vivants.
Il faut pourtant ouvrir ces portes et laisser vivre les squelettes, que je puisse enfin dormir en paix et trouver la sérénité d'une á¢me apaisée des fantá´mes du passé qui hantent son chemin, sa maison et son sommeil.
N'ai-je pas été suffisamment bon pour mériter pareil tourment ?
Pour voir mes mains devenir squelettes et ma fiancée un pá¢le souvenir d'une jeunesse gá¢chée.
Mon corps est un squelette, mon corps est un placard, mon corps est un fusil.

(Skeletons in my closet playing Russian roulette with the guns of our anger; old, rusted and dangerous.
I hear them screaming like the damned through these doors of disgrace.
The hostility of faded love locked within their jaws, hands way too old to be mine straining every nerve to reach the keyhole.
The last remnants of those who were here before me are nothing but mouldings on this hermetic piece of furniture, impervious to the moaning and pleas of the living.
But still we have to open these doors and let the skeletons live, so that I can sleep peacefully, so that I can find the calmness of a soul free from the ghosts of the past haunting its way, its house and its sleep.
Guess I have not been good enough.
Did I deserve such torment?
Did I deserve to watch my hands turn into bones, to see my girl turn into a faded memory from a wasted youth?
My body is a skeleton, my body is a closet, my body is a gun.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E2xk-39jv0

Le Pré Où Je Suis Mort - l'avenir nous appartiendra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az13TlWMnYc

Anomie - Acceptation
Last edited by blake1221 at Dec 7, 2012,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Posting a Megadeth song? Really?

Seriously.

Only remotely French song I could name off the top of my head
Antisocial - Trust

Canary Bay - Indochine

Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien - Edith Piaf
La Vie En Rose - Edith Piaf

Try those^
Current Gear:
Peavey Zodiac DE Scorpio (Bass)
Yamaha RBX-170 (Bass)
Boss ODB-3 (Overdrive Pedal)
Line 6 LowDown 150 (Amp)
Thanks a lot for the quick replies! I'm listening to them all right now and so far they all sound great, just checking into the grammar in the lyrics and determining if it's useable. Keep it coming!!
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
anything by coeur de pirate
Quote by handbanana78

^First time I've ever made a funny

Quote by deathcore101

okay Mike my advice for you is, don't sleep with your sister
Jean LeLoup - I lost my baby. Only song I know from him.

Les Trois Accords, they got tons of good stuff. Both simple and funny as well as pretty serious. Check out Saskatchewan, Grand Champion, Loin D'Ici (one of my favs), Hawaienne (that's an old one), Vraiment Beau.

Manau. But that's rap.

Mes Aieux - Dégénérations, that's more folk though.

And if you want some really old courreur de bois stuff check out La Bottine Souriante and even older check out Le Rêve Du Diable. It's all Québec folk though. You may not be into it.
NOFX - Champs Élysées
Pépé et sa guitare - Une Bourée d'fond d'bag
André Guitare - La p'tite grenouille
BTBAM- Prequel to the Sequel

and for real: Mark Lanegan- The Gravedigger's Song
Quote by metalblaster
Jean LeLoup - I lost my baby. Only song I know from him.

Les Trois Accords, they got tons of good stuff. Both simple and funny as well as pretty serious. Check out Saskatchewan, Grand Champion, Loin D'Ici (one of my favs), Hawaienne (that's an old one), Vraiment Beau.

Manau. But that's rap.

Mes Aieux - Dégénérations, that's more folk though.

And if you want some really old courreur de bois stuff check out La Bottine Souriante and even older check out Le Rêve Du Diable. It's all Québec folk though. You may not be into it.

Un autre Québécois sur UG ou est-ce que je rêve?

Listen to this guy, all the stuff he suggested is good, Jean Leloup is a boss too.

Also, try some Coeur de Pirate or some Corneille. Maybe even Les Colocs.

I got tons of old Québéc folk if you want; like Félix Leclerc, Plume Latraverse, Gilles Vigneault, etc.

EDIT: Or you can always go with "Alouette, gentille alouette, alouette, je te plumerai."
EDITEDIT: Je t'aurais suggéré du Jacques Brel, mais j'imagine que puisque ta location c'est la Belgique...tu le connait déja! Une vraie légende.
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Last edited by Rancid Ivy at Dec 7, 2012,
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

This thread is clearly lacking Alizee

I was going to post this. But I was going to post different songs and not the video that people watch just to 'hhhnnngg' over because I have class.
Quote by Rancid Ivy
Un autre Québécois sur UG ou est-ce que je rêve?

Listen to this guy, all the stuff he suggested is good, Jean Leloup is a boss too.

Also, try some Coeur de Pirate or some Corneille. Maybe even Les Colocs.

I got tons of old Québéc folk if you want; like Félix Leclerc, Plume Latraverse, Gilles Vigneault, etc.

EDIT: Or you can always go with "Alouette, gentille alouette, alouette, je te plumerai."
EDITEDIT: Je t'aurais suggéré du Jacques Brel, mais j'imagine que puisque ta location c'est la Belgique...tu le connait déja! Une vraie légende.

Juste un franco-ontarien qui vit sur proche de la belle province!

Les Colocs is a good suggestion there, I forgot about that. Got to have some Dédé introduced in here.

Honnêtement je suis pas mal content que personne parle de Céline. Parce que franchement, je n'ai eu plein de mon casque pendant les années 90. lol
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Every Alcest song.

Example:
*Alcest - Autre Temps*
I was going to post that very song. Alcest are the way to go.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Page 1 of 2