Hot Club Jazz
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Can't do it, I enjoy the music too much so I always stop, kick back, and listen
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
I usually put my spotify on random while studying.

But lately, I've been choosing Cynic's Traced in Air.

Before then, the album I listened to most while studying was Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here. That one tends to work well due to how spacy it can be.

Edit: Shouldn't OP be studying right now?
Last edited by whywefight at Jan 10, 2013,
I used to when I studied. Shoots, I almost couldn't work without it. As far as suggestions go, however, I have none. I'd just listen to whatever I like.

Or use Last.fm or just Distortion Radio.
Voted UG User of the Year 2015 & 2016
Pandora, solo classical piano.

I also have some violin stuff I listen to sometimes but piano is better.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Mono's album, "Hymn to the Immortal Wind". Nothing better than Japanese Post Rock to ignore while I'm studying. I'm like Rob Gordon when I study, I don't want to put on something I like, I just want something I can ignore.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
I like classical sometimes. Vivaldi, Mozart, Bach, etc. Music with lyrics tends to mess me up sometimes.
R.I.P. Jeb
07/31/08

FREEZER BURN s YELLOWFRIZBEE
Andres Segovia. Quiet enough to truly just be background music and good enough to sound interesting if you actually focus on the music.
Gibson LP Studio
Taylor 518E
Washburn WD15SCE acoustic electric
Carvin DC727 (ordered! The wait is driving me nuts!)
I prefer to study in silence.

If that's not an option, I'll break out the iPod and play something heavy. It has to be stuff that I'm familiar with as well, otherwise I'll be too focused on the music rather than reading.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by whoomit
Studying's for nerds.

TS is a NERD.

WHY HASN'T THIS POINT BEEN RAISED SOONER?

NEEEERRRRD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsNgRmsx-14
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
I normally listen to movie soundtracks like Pirates of the Caribbean and The Dark Knight. Yes most of it is Hans Zimmer

I can't listen to bands or lyrics because it puts me off.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by whoomit
Studying's for nerds.

TS is a NERD.

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I find it easier to study with music as without it I can hear my housemates moving around and probably doing something fun, much more distracting.

I prefer to listen to music that creates more of a mood than has a very strong distracting melody i.e my bloody valentine, mark lanegan, portishead, the xx etc.
Instrumental stuff seems to be pretty good too.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
When i was at uni, i pulled a few all nighters, and at the start, i listened to some kind of experimental or chilled out music, then move it onto something a little more lively to keep me awake, then ended with something good to listen to for the sunrise. I liked a lot of soundtracks, it kind of made it feel like the breakfast club or something.

The other day i was counting some change up to cash it (had an evening with literally nothing to do) and at the start, i was listening to Sleepytime Gorilla Museum (Avant garde metal), and it kind of threw me off, but then i listened to some jazz and classical, and it helped me concentrate on what i was doing.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
when studying physics or math i sometimes like to put on some intense and fast technical death metal, gets the brain juices flowin nahm sayin
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by leony03
I normally listen to movie soundtracks like Pirates of the Caribbean and The Dark Knight. Yes most of it is Hans Zimmer

I can't listen to bands or lyrics because it puts me off.

Yes!
We're all alright!