flatwound
2,597 IQ
Hi there UG,

Love the site, one of the things that gets on my wick is,

if I submit a tab, and it is denied, I wonder,.. why?

Is it too much to ask that whoever denies the tab sends

you a message, letting you know why?

Maybe they do and I'm missing it, even if it's to say,

'Your tab is crap and sounds nothing like the song',

ok, I may not be happy someone thinks my tab is crap,

but it's a reason.

Is just infuriating that I've spent hours writing out, checking the

lyrics, working out the chords, twenty minutes backspacing,

because when I copy over the page from notepad all the chords

go haywire, and all for nothing, and no reason why.

Seriously enjoy the site,

flatwound
Phil Starr
Tab Contributor
1,128 IQ
Quote by Fox-x-x
flatwound,
We've already got a similar version on the site: http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/t/tom_waits/flowers_grave_ver2_crd.htm
That was the main reason for the moderator to delete your tab. I see that there're some changes in your version so I'll restore it.
And we're already thinking over the idea about notifications system.

Fox-x-x I love you.

This is seriously good news, this has been an issue since the year dot. I love UG and I tab out a lot of my own bass lines as well as typing up chords for our band. UG would be welcome to them but I got so frustrated at the rejection system that I stopped submitting them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that you take the time to rake through all the tabs and doing any checking at all is a mammoth effort but it is seriously frustrating to have a tab rejected with no reason given after putting in a lot of effort. All I want is to know if there is a simple thing I could put right.

Well done UG, hope to see the changes soon.
DaveBuchholz
77 IQ
I had the same experience this week, posting a Mike Doughty cover of an old Thin Lizzy song. There was a tabbed out version, but I posted a novice skill level chord version that got the reject stamp...at least my two Cheap Trick songs got in...I'm new here, but I don't get it either... Ah well...