I have 3 guitars currently, and only one in the guitar graveyard. So im looking to buy a new guitar, either semi-acoustic or electric. However it needs to be something that makes people look at it in awe, but also something that isn't too costly, I'm not made out of money :P

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Del
Interesting guitars we can suggest...but not without things like an approximate budget and the musical style you'd like to play on it.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
You want people to go wooooow? Most won't know the difference between a Fender Custom Shop and a Squier Bullet. They'll go wooooow at the guitar, then hear you play and ignore the guitar because you either suck or you're awesome.

The skills maketh the man, not the guitar. Price is relative too. I don't get this question, if you wanna show off get better at guitar, that's the best way.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Last edited by Mephaphil at Feb 11, 2013,
Yeah, it really depends who you're playing for; guitarists at some instrumental shred show will never be impressed by the guitar itself but a bunch of people at an old-school blues gig will be blown away if you turn up with a 7 string.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Album.
Legion.
To be honest, I see crap loads of Squiers at auditions and cheap Ibanez and Jackson that I'm impressed if I see a MiM.

If people are good the gear watching disappears anyway. It's not snobbery, I just don't think a lot of people care too much about their gear considering the amount of Marshall MGs I see.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Maybe a budget of up to £250, little more or less doesn't really matter. I play a range of styles though, from things like muse right down to the nu-metal. Audience is most likely students, people from the ages of 18 - mid 30's i guess hope this is enough info
Hmm. I thought you were talking like £500 or something.

For that money you'll be looking at maybe being just on the border of a used Mexican Strat/Tele, if you're patient. You can get a Classic Vibe Squier?

The name will impress them, and the Mexican Fenders are great guitars but, as I said, it's your playing that will really impress, or not. Once they've seen it, they won't be gushing over your £250 guitar for long, it'll be the playing they'll remember.

Get a Gibson Les Paul 59' Reissue and lots of people will ignore the playing because they'll be dazzled by its awesomeness, but that's a bit out of your price range at £4K.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

For that price... hmm. The only thing I can think of is an Ibanez Artcore, and even that is slightly above your range.
BC Rich: Masterpiece Bich, Master edition. It has 10 tuners. Six up top, and 4 on the bottom on the curve. You can string it with either bass or guitar strings, but the pick-ups aren't great like the regular version. Or a BC Rich Draco. They sound great and have a badass body.
Quote by Brotherbrodude
BC Rich: Masterpiece Bich, Master edition. It has 10 tuners. Six up top, and 4 on the bottom on the curve. You can string it with either bass or guitar strings, but the pick-ups aren't great like the regular version. Or a BC Rich Draco. They sound great and have a badass body.

Don't buy that guitar.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Brotherbrodude
Agh. Why not man. What's wrong with a Bich?

Have you seen it lol? It's made cheaply, with poor wood, parts etc, it's not very pretty, he wants to play Muse. I think there are much better guitars in that price range.

I don't think it's a very good guitar at all. Mainly, BC Rich at that price range are forgettable.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Mephaphil
Have you seen it lol? It's made cheaply, with poor wood, parts etc, it's not very pretty, he wants to play Muse. I think there are much better guitars in that price range.

I don't think it's a very good guitar at all. Mainly, BC Rich at that price range are forgettable.

Idk man. that's your opinion. I like 'em. Cheap guitars, they sound great and theyre just cool.
To me, it's like a demon vomited a shape from another dimension and someone at BC Rich thought that it would be a great idea to put a guitar neck on it and sell it to teenagers, for more money than they should!
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

They really are terrible guitars.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
The Ibanez Artcore AF75 is a good guitar, and pretty close to your range. I have one, and after a bit of setup work and maybe new pickups, it's on par with my Gibson. I would recommend it over more expensive Gretsch hollowbodies. And it'll play anything from jazz to punk.
A Nighthawk, yea. A Studio? I doubt it. A Custom Classic? Never. It's all in the specifics.

An Artcore is an option. I'd seriously look at a used Epiphone Les Paul Standard.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Actually, Nighthawk's are pretty good guitars.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
I kinda find them a bit hit and miss. I've played a few that I thought were okayish and some I thought were good, never outright bad, but not spectacular. I actually thought the Studio I played was better than the Standard. I preferred the Faded Studios over both, the back of the neck on those guitars are something else.

I kinda just meant that if you spend a large chunk of the difference of a Artcore and a Nighthawk on the lesser guitar it'll become comparable. I wasn't commenting on the quality of the Nighthawk as such.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

I quite literally have the £250 now, but I guess i could wait a while to save up. I like the look of the Ibanez Artcore. I got myself a les paul standard a while back, and I have to say it is a great guitar.

I guess it is more how well a person plays, rather than how the guitar looks. Ill definitely look up a few of those mention above
reverend guitars are pretty unique. They play really well too. If you keep and eye out you might be able to find a used one in your price range
“More metal than your gran’s left hip.” - Paul Allender on his PRS signature guitar
Can't play that sitting down without hurting yourself... Try a Fernandes Nomad instead.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Quote by Mephaphil
To me, it's like a demon vomited a shape from another dimension and someone at BC Rich thought that it would be a great idea to put a guitar neck on it and sell it to teenagers, for more money than they should!

Just BC Rich trying to capitalize on one of their most recognizable guitars, not unlike Gibson's low end Epiphone LP's and SG's. The original Bich's were handmade, neck thru, and feature switching that rivals Brian May's Red Special. Some are gorgeous guitars with quilt tops and beautiful finishes. The body shape is certainly different, but I would hardly call it demon vomit, though THAT particular Bich is definitely being marketed to the entry level crowd.
Last edited by 4FunandProphet at Feb 12, 2013,

this is pretty cool
“More metal than your gran’s left hip.” - Paul Allender on his PRS signature guitar