Emster 23
10 IQ
Interesting. I personally would suggest perhaps leaving more "air" (less playing) around the backing guitar. Silence is as important as the notes played. Seems they somewhat compete with each other. Just my opinion.... it's your tune.
My question came from reading the thread title; How are we to know it is Christian, other than the Jesus pictures? No words equals no "Praise the lord" etc. Other than that, you "nailed' it .... sorry for the jokeish line there.
Marqway
90 IQ
Quote by Emster 23
Interesting. I personally would suggest perhaps leaving more "air" (less playing) around the backing guitar. Silence is as important as the notes played. Seems they somewhat compete with each other. Just my opinion.... it's your tune.
My question came from reading the thread title; How are we to know it is Christian, other than the Jesus pictures? No words equals no "Praise the lord" etc. Other than that, you "nailed' it .... sorry for the jokeish line there.

Yea Someone asked the same question on another site , to pretty much sum it up it this song/solo was more of a dedication.... was inspired to play this while reading a book called "No wonder they call him savior" and I guess to answer your question regarding "No words equals no "praise the Lord" music is an expressive instrument , music its self is its own language so in a sense music can speak regardless lyrically or instrumentally... anyway I just dedicated the song to Jesus .... to me that makes it "Christian Rock"
"its not the destination.... so much as the journey" one once said
Last edited by Marqway at Feb 13, 2013,
DG_Griffin
Higher Calling
50 IQ
I really like it! Very interesting guitar tone, what kind of gear are you using? Great playing as well, I always like supporting fellow Christian artists, please check out my work. Link below, keep up the good work man.
voodoojames
20 IQ
I like it. The opening riff sounds very different! I would suggest putting the percussion higher in the mix, it's a bit quiet. Really like the playing and tone!
Gear:
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Laney Cub 12R valve amplifier
MXR Classic 180 Fuzz
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
I'm an obsessive compulsive knob turner.
Marqway
90 IQ
Quote by DG_Griffin
I really like it! Very interesting guitar tone, what kind of gear are you using? Great playing as well, I always like supporting fellow Christian artists, please check out my work. Link below, keep up the good work man.

Hey Griffin thanks for the compliment ... Im playing through a BossME-25 foot pedal (multieffects) alot of the tone came from that and my Ibanez Rg321mh with (Air norton+Steve's special pickups)

but regarding the specific gear I used to get that sound was I added abit of phaser, on the tone cant remember if the phaser tempo was sped up or slowed town to get that tone I forgot but if you have a phaser , play around with it until u get the tone u like

= )
"its not the destination.... so much as the journey" one once said