dkennedy88
Obsessed with Gear
633 IQ
I'm currently working on a refinish of a 2011 PRS SE Singlecut. The neck snapped off the guitar, but cleanly, which allowed me to do a neck reset, which was a success. I've played and recorded with it since then-still sounds and plays great. Afterwards, I'm left with ugly battle scars along the heel and neck joint. So I decided to do a total refinish, since a spot touch-up, with my painting skills, would be ugly.

The guitar was finished in Antique White, which I LOVE. I'm redoing that on the top, but leaving it natural on the back, neck, and headstock. In doing this, I will have to remove the serial number from the back of the headstock (btw, it's serial number L12300, making it a 2011 model). I still want the serial number on the guitar, so I reproduced the entirety of the text on the back of the headstock, right down to the accurate fonts (Apparently Excelsior LT in bold makes for a hell of a serial number font when tweaked right).

For example, here is the back of the headstock of a 2008 SE Singlecut Trem, displayed on Elderly:

And here is the overlay I did on Photoshop CS2 (yeah I know I'm in the stone age). It's not perfect, but I can always tweak it in the PSD file:

Where could I have a decal printed for this, for a reasonable price? I've tried printing my own, 1) but I suck at it, and 2) I need white and gold inks, since the background of the text will be the natural mahogany, instead of the black I used so the text would show up.

NOTE: I AM NOT ATTEMPTING TO COUNTERFEIT A GUITAR. THE ONLY REASON I WANT TO REPRODUCE THIS TEXT IS SO IT WILL NOT BE CONFUSED WITH ANOTHER PRS, AND TO PRESERVE THE SERIAL NUMBER, FOR POTENTIAL RESALE.
ibanez2011
527 IQ
I have no info for you, sorry. but I would love to see a thread of you refinishing the guitar
“More metal than your gran’s left hip.” - Paul Allender on his PRS signature guitar
MG_Sora
UG's Industrial Designer
61 IQ
Why don't you try screen printing/silk-screening? I'm pretty sure that's how they do it. I don't think it is too expensive, and those inks are fairly common.
MrFlibble
Puts a bangin' donk on it
4,127 IQ
You can get things printed to waterslide transparency paper quite cheaply, but you may have to make it a bulk order. Look up printing services in your area and ask them what they can offer.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
dkennedy88
Obsessed with Gear
633 IQ
Me thinks I actually might do the back of the headstock up like a stinger, like some Les Pauls I've seen. As long as I can do it right.

It'll take a couple weeks, but I will get a refinish thread up when work is underway.
Kyleisthename
1,583 IQ
If you're refinishing the guitar and it already had a repair done by an unauthorized tech (not done by PRS) you have thrown resale value out the window sir.

I wouldn't worry about the resale anyway with a lower end guitar.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab