fc89konkari
UG Addict
2,061 IQ
How long does it take for a sixpack of beer to burn down in one's body? Just curious cause I drank a few last night and I'm supposed to go snowmobiling, zero tolerance with that especially cause I'm a minor

How many hours to zero alcohol in blood?
metacarpi
Too old for this ****
895 IQ
There's no hard and fast rule, but it's generally accepted that it takes half an hour for your body to begin processing it, and then it's about a unit an hour that the body breaks down.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
metal4eva_22
PonyFan #376121
899 IQ
It's generally one serving of alcohol (read beer) per hour. However this varies depending on your general fitness and a whole lot of other factors.

So roughly 6 hours.
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
fc89konkari
UG Addict
2,061 IQ
Well I weigh 71kg and am relatively athletic, so I'd suppose my metabolism is pretty high and I'll be cool today in case the cops stop us to give a blow
01cleavert
23 IQ
Quote by fc89konkari
Well I weigh 71kg and am relatively athletic, so I'd suppose my metabolism is pretty high and I'll be cool today in case the cops stop us to give a blow

The cops giving you a "blow???" Which country are you in? Plan to avoid that country to get arrested in
Just a plain rocker dude...
fc89konkari
UG Addict
2,061 IQ
Quote by 01cleavert
The cops giving you a "blow???" Which country are you in? Plan to avoid that country to get arrested in

I know that sounded completely balls but I honestly have no idea what it's called in english when they test you with an alcometer
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,765 IQ
Quote by fc89konkari

I don't get it, why are you worried about a blow-test? Why would the cops suspect that you've been drinking and snowmobiling?

Its also worth noting that 'no tolerance' (at least here) means 'under .02 blood alcohol', not 0.0.
JackalUK
979 IQ
Obviously in Finland the police use the quality of a blowjob to determine how drunk you are. Critically if you agree to give one you must be blitzed.
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,765 IQ
Forcing drunken minors to perform oral sex upon them as a drunk test just to turn around and jail the ones that actually sucked the shaft? For shame.

Either that or they've found a brilliant new way for everyone to get what they really want.
snipelfritz
Senior Fun Correspondent
1,563 IQ
Quote by metal4eva_22
It's generally one serving of alcohol (read beer) per hour. However this varies depending on your general fitness and a whole lot of other factors.

So roughly 6 hours.

This is a pretty legit answer.

Says the guy who drinks quite a bit and has "blown" a breathalizer multiple times and never "blown" over the limit.

Best advice is not to have to "blow" to begin with. What is the legit possibility you get stopped by cops on a snowmobile off the road anyway?

or just get roughly 5-6 hours of sleep and you'll be totally fine dude.

Seriously, if you're not going out right now, I'd say you're legit.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
fc89konkari
UG Addict
2,061 IQ
Quote by whywefight
I don't get it, why are you worried about a blow-test? Why would the cops suspect that you've been drinking and snowmobiling?

Its also worth noting that 'no tolerance' (at least here) means 'under .02 blood alcohol', not 0.0.

They test drivers often here during the holiday seasons (one going on right now in Finland). Limit for cars is 0.5, snowmobiles 0 dead. So it's just called a blow-test, or breathalizer test?
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,765 IQ
Quote by fc89konkari
They test drivers often here during the holiday seasons (one going on right now in Finland). Limit for cars is 0.5, snowmobiles 0 dead. So it's just called a blow-test, or breathalizer test?

Jesus christ, that's like one slice of poppy seed bread and you're over the legal limit. Do they really just stop people at random to test them?
chev311e
Will do moose stuff for $
400 IQ
Just go to sleep and you'll wake up fine. Unless you're leaving in like an hour. If you have a while till you go then you should be good.
metacarpi
Too old for this ****
895 IQ
Quote by JackalUK
Obviously in Finland the police use the quality of a blowjob to determine how drunk you are. Critically if you agree to give one you must be blitzed.

Surely turning down a free gobjob would be more suspicious?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
snipelfritz
Senior Fun Correspondent
1,563 IQ
TS, I feel like the whole English thing is messing with you for no reason, so yes, the whole "blow" issue is fine. I knew what you meant.

If you're a gross person you can use "blow" to mean giving oral sex, but it was really obvious what you meant from context.

I tend to make things sexual and even I wasn't going to make that joke.

Dude, go to sleep. It's late as hell here, it must be close to noon where you are. You'll be worse on lack of sleep than alcohol at this point.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
292 IQ
No idea. I've decided to avoid beer for 1 month. All the calories from like 8-10 beers whenever I'm out is far too much. Gonna drink less alcohol in general and focus on wine if I have to drink.

Beer is basically my only consumption that keeps me from not being perfectly fit. Could easily lose a bit of weight by doing this + excercising a bit more.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
292 IQ
Quote by snipelfritz
Moar Beer For Johnny!

Naaah. I've just booked a 1 week all inclusive in Turkey this summer. So I'm gonna get my fair share of beer soon enough.
Burgery
crack hitler
3,179 IQ
Quote by snipelfritz
Says the guy who drinks quite a bit and has "blown" a breathalizer multiple times and never "blown" over the limit..

yeah wtf

does this ever happen to anybody

ive been piss drunk and taken one of those, never over the limit

actually it happened once but the alcohol levels were so high the cops figured the breathalizer was broken

i got another one and they let me go
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
bloodtrocuted93
UG's Crack*****
104 IQ
You should be able to metabolize one drink per hour. Not if your liver is messed up, though. Right after I got over being sick in a way that messed with my liver, I was awful at drinking (I've always been a lightweight and have never had tolerance, but it was worse). I got really tipsy off about 20 oz. of Guiness. XD Thought I had improved, but the four drinks I had over the course of several hours lead me to be so drunk I walked into my table, knocked over a lamp, and broke the slide on my bong. So... All kinda depends?
rocknroll93
Warning: Small Parts
501 IQ
an hour per standard drink.
a beer = about 1.3 standard drinks.

that's pretty much all I got out of my Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
5_Years_Dead
Banned
359 IQ
WTF! You're underage. Don't drink alcohol! You're little brains need to develop before you start poisoning yourself with Jesus Juice.

A wise person once told me that nothing good ever comes from drinking alcohol.

He was right.

Get your life together. Grow the eff up!
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
292 IQ
Quote by 5_Years_Dead
WTF! You're underage. Don't drink alcohol! You're little brains need to develop before you start poisoning yourself with Jesus Juice.

A wise person once told me that nothing good ever comes from drinking alcohol.

He was right.

Get your life together. Grow the eff up!

DarkfnTemplar2
24 IQ
Quote by metal4eva_22
The Michaelis-Menten constant for adult liver Alcohol Dehydrogenase is 3400uM. That's the most specific answer you an get.

Source: http://www.nature.com/pr/journal/v1/n3/abs/pr196716a.html

Not really. Alcohol metabolism is tricky and the pharmacology is one long studied. While not only is your kM (michaelis menton constant) of your specific alcohol dhg is going to be different than reported values, you must also take into account how much of the enzyme your body produces (also it's catalytic rate/ maximum velocity), among other pharmacokinetic parameters. Alcohol is especially interesting because it exhibits both first order (the more you consumer, the more your body metabolizes and clears) and zero-order (finite amount/ceiling that is metab/cleared) kinetics, depending on how much you drink. However, the amount in question is almost always at zero order (clearence ceiling) and around that 1 to 1.5 drinks per hour for an average male. However, everyone is different and you will NEVER have a definitive answer unless someone does all of the biochemical testing on you. Though, you can safely experiment with small amounts yourself.
-N.C. Ph.D. Candidate at Johns Hopkins SOM-Pharmacology
angusfan16
butts
578 IQ
Quote by boreamor
Go to sleep, when you wake up have a shower and eat something substantial, especially if you have bacon and you will be fine.

Bacon cures everything.
Sail upon the open skies
icesk8erqueen8
my name is lame, I know.
42 IQ
your body metabolizes one drink (1 shot/beer) every hour. if you drink more than that you will get drunk.
learned that in health class.
as for leaving the body? ehhh it takes up to a full day (I believe) to get it ALL out of your system. (if you get breathalyzed)
boreamor
^(^_^)^
778 IQ
I'd just like to point out that the body doesn't metabolise a drink every hour, it's supposed to be around about 1 unit. Which is a shot, and 1/3ish of a beer.

I believe.
icesk8erqueen8
my name is lame, I know.
42 IQ
Quote by boreamor
I'd just like to point out that the body doesn't metabolise a drink every hour, it's supposed to be around about 1 unit. Which is a shot, and 1/3ish of a beer.

I believe.

yep thanks for that. I couldn't remember the correct name for it.
FearMyLightning
Banned
482 IQ
Is this thread serious? You drank 6 beers last night and you're asking if it's still in you the NEXT DAY?

Fucking kids these days, getting blitzed off their asses 24/7. TS just turn yourself into the authorities now, alcohol never leaves your system.

What do you think they're going to stop you and immediately ask if you've been drinking? It's not like you're still going to be drunk.

Stop being a pussy bitch TS.

Quote by boreamor

I believe.

Your beliefs are stupid and wrong.
Last edited by FearMyLightning at Feb 18, 2013,
kertets
Banned
80 IQ
Quote by angusfan16
Bacon cures everything.

Totally, I once broke my arm, had a couple of slices of bacon, motherfucking arm was brand new after it!

Ts: The strength of the beer and how much you ate all becomes a factor.
I'm guessing the beer was 5% or something like that?
Maybe you should just go another time if you're not sure, bacon cures everything, except death.
Also do the police set up random check points for license and alcohol like here in sweden? If you get caught driving under the influence with no license over here, you have no chance of getting a license in the near future.
Burgery
crack hitler
3,179 IQ
Quote by FearMyLightning
Stop being a pussy bitch TS.

finally
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.