Page 1 of 2
What are some movies like Donnie darko? Cult movies, not nessecarily really complex but that'll be fine if are. Thanks.
The experiment
The jacket
The machinist
Session 9

Some of the few i've seen recently that I can remember
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Last edited by Obsceneairwaves at Mar 5, 2013,
Boogie Nights
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
inb4 15 year olds
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I heard Fight Club is really revolutionary.
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.

Quote by matt bickerton
Doesn't at all surprise me why so many people here tend to think you're a douche
Check out Eraserhead. Its really a really creepy cult movie from the 70's. If you're looking for suspense, its perfect. However, the delivery is non existent.
The Nines is a bit weird like Darko, no where near as complex but takes a couple viewings

This and The Road are the only movies that really make me feel sad, can only watch them before I go to bed or I feel depressed the rest of the day. The Road doesn't **** with your head but it's still good.
sunbather is shit
Last edited by beefcake122 at Mar 6, 2013,
The Big Lebowski
The Big Lebowski
and The Big Lebowski
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by sebastian_96
The Big Lebowski
The Big Lebowski
and The Big Lebowski

i agree

actually everything coens.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Areola 51
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Tideland
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1
Fight Culb
The Crow
The Boondock Saints
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
bladerunner

watch bladerunner

you watch bladerunner right now
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
This will an honest answer..
K-pax
Source code (Also a Jake Gyllenhale movie)
Moon
The nines
Fight Club (You should read the book too, the movie is actually quite different from it, but both are great, Everyone goes through Fight club stage in their life)
Shutter Island
Inception
and ofcourse Vanilla sky which is just as weird and confusing yet so good at the same time, Tom cruise did well and Cameron Crowe made a great remake.

And for a more American literal take on Donnie darko, The butterfly effect. Which was actually pretty good, but not on the same level of stoner crazy as Darko was.
Last edited by Mr.-Bungle at Mar 6, 2013,
evil dead
evil dead 2
army of darkness

in that order
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
John Dies At The End
Quote by soundgarden1986
Screw your bases. If she doesn't let me go elbow deep in her ass on the first date, it wasn't meant to be.

Quote by willT08
Every thread on here to do with audio quality is like walking into a paddock of shit slinging chimps
Quote by Toadvine
bladerunner

watch bladerunner

you watch bladerunner right now

Dude, seriously. Go watch Bladerunner.

Also:

Being John Malkovich
Empire Records
Almost Famous
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
Highlander

And not necessarily cultish but watch the american with george clooney, that was really good
Donnie Darko was such a great movie, watch the directors cut as well!
I'm not saying not to trust the internet, but there's an alarming discrepancy between the number of iPads I've won & the number of iPads I own.
Not really like Donnie Darko whatsoever but "adaptation" is a superb film, by far Nicholas Cage's best performance. It's a sort of meta-film, it's part fiction, part reality and it's pretty self aware. It's a fictional story about real people and events, based on "the Orchid thief".

Watch it, it's great.
Not cult but good twists:

The Game w/ Michael Douglas
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
whats a cult movie? and why is donnie darko good cinema?

im gonna suggest requiem for a dream, and spun just because i can
Quote by Child In Time
Timecrimes
The Butterfly Effect

Never seen Timecrimes, but the Butterly Effect is just an awful movie.

^Requiem for a Dream.
Mulholland Drive ( Watch once, go to its WIKI page and get the clues. Watch again)

Taxi Driver (Not so much a cult movie, but what the FUCK was in the mirror?)

Animal Kingdom (Not a mind twister, but the best piece of Australian Cinema ever man. Harrowing, bleak, soul crushing shit)
Page 1 of 2