Poll: Privacy or information?
Poll Options
View poll results: Privacy or information?
Freedom of Information
8 17%
Right to Privacy
40 83%
Voters: 48.
Page 1 of 2
Gibson_SG_uzr55
DJ SNAAAAKKEEE
4,022 IQ
What do you think of those websites that can give you a background check on any random person as you wish? Do you have a right to the information? Or the right to privacy?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Wormholes
Banned
110 IQ
I have never heard of such a thing and have a hard time imagining something like this exists to the general public.
vIsIbleNoIsE
The Asian-Viking Paradox
1,540 IQ
right to privacy!? you've created a Time Paradox!
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
SkepsisMetal
✈ 🍁
1,468 IQ
Once you get caught doing something that gets put on a record, it's out of your hands and you lost your 'right to privacy'.
That said, I'm not sure how legal it is to post that for the general public to view.
Gibson_SG_uzr55
DJ SNAAAAKKEEE
4,022 IQ
I don't know about non-American countries, but there are even commercials advertising them. You can google them if you've never heard of one
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
strat0blaster
growing out of the snake
1,098 IQ
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
right to privacy!? you've created a Time Paradox!

Ah damnit - who killed Ocelot?
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
stonyman65
Unregistered User
809 IQ
From what I understand, all those sites do is scan for any criminal checks or something like that. It doesn't give out all of your information or anything like that.

Either way, you can find out all of that stuff pretty easily if you know where to look, it's just a matter of if you want to take the time to look.

Do I think it's an invasion of privacy? Not really because it is all public knowledge.

As long as you haven't done anything wrong you have nothing to worry about.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
fail
Custom Mandy Moore avatar
1,428 IQ
If you want dirt on someone, why not just pay to see their Facebook?
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Horsedick.MPEG
Dot MPEG
770 IQ
John, have you been looking at CP sites? It's okay, you don't have to lie to me.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
StewieSwan
Decent User
5,001 IQ
Against them. Coincidentally, on Tuesday I'm doing a speech on why sex offender registries should be abolished.
666atheist666
stonyman65
Unregistered User
809 IQ
Quote by StewieSwan
Against them. Coincidentally, on Tuesday I'm doing a speech on why sex offender registries should be abolished.

Why in the world would you want to do that?
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
StewieSwan
Decent User
5,001 IQ
Quote by stonyman65

Because it's an ineffective, immoral, knee-jerk reaction.
666atheist666
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I don't know about non-American countries, but there are even commercials advertising them. You can google them if you've never heard of one

Yeah, but it's actually not very above board for those sites to operate the US either. I'm not sure it's actually illegal, but they could get sued for all kinds of stuff. Invasion of privacy is not something us Americans seem to take lightly.

Oh, want some whiskey? Have some whiskey!
Gibson_SG_uzr55
DJ SNAAAAKKEEE
4,022 IQ
Quote by stonyman65
From what I understand, all those sites do is scan for any criminal checks or something like that. It doesn't give out all of your information or anything like that.

While we're at it, we can discuss those people finder sites
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Eastwinn
through being cool
3,131 IQ
Quote by stonyman65

there are 1000 problems with sex offender registries.
to me this is for real
Aralingh
Intelligent person
301 IQ
The problem with background information and history I have is purely practical. Most people are incredibly prejudiced and will judge a person on his history rather than give him the opportunity to show what he constitutes in the present, people do change, but that doesn't help a person who perhaps turned his life around if everyone judges him based on his past mistakes.
ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,630 IQ
Quote by Eastwinn
there are 1000 problems with sex offender registries.

Of course you'd say that.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Rossenrot
I was in NYC for all of about 5 minutes until I was called a cracker and called out to fight someone.
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
2,130 IQ
Sex offenders you say?

inb4 Skyler and sex offense apologizing
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please.
Mistress_Ibanez
994 IQ
Quote by StewieSwan
Because it's an ineffective, immoral, knee-jerk reaction.

What would you propose instead?

I work with children and have an in-depth criminal record check completed on me every year as a condition of the role. I can't imagine any kind of system where people working with children weren't extensively vetted first.
Gibson_SG_uzr55
DJ SNAAAAKKEEE
4,022 IQ
I'm interested in hearing your sex offender argument Stewie
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
StewieSwan
Decent User
5,001 IQ
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
What would you propose instead?

I work with children and have an in-depth criminal record check completed on me every year as a condition of the role. I can't imagine any kind of system where people working with children weren't extensively vetted first.

Criminal records should be open to institutions like schools for that reason. But for the general public? Hell no. Registries are perpetual punishment.
666atheist666
stonyman65
Unregistered User
809 IQ
Quote by StewieSwan
Criminal records should be open to institutions like schools for that reason. But for the general public? Hell no. Registries are perpetual punishment.

Good. If they did something THAT bad that they are on a registry somewhere (especially a sex-offender registry) then they deserve everything that follows them.

They shouldn't have got their names on that list to begin with by, you know, doing that illegal thing in the first place.
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard
TooktheAtrain
Banned
184 IQ
Quote by stonyman65
Good. If they did something THAT bad that they are on a registry somewhere (especially a sex-offender registry) then they deserve everything that follows them.

They shouldn't have got their names on that list to begin with by, you know, doing that illegal thing in the first place.

There have been drunk people that moon their mates down the pub. They get on the sex offender's register for life, along with serial rapists and child molesters.

Does that sound reasonable, effective and responsible to you?
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
Quote by ErikLensherr
Of course you'd say that.

Damn....
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
stonyman65
Unregistered User
809 IQ
Quote by TooktheAtrain
There have been drunk people that moon their mates down the pub. They get on the sex offender's register for life, along with serial rapists and child molesters.

Does that sound reasonable, effective and responsible to you?

That's a problem with the criteria to get on the list, not the list itself.
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard
StewieSwan
Decent User
5,001 IQ
Quote by stonyman65

Because once a criminal, always a criminal, right?
666atheist666
stonyman65
Unregistered User
809 IQ
Quote by StewieSwan
Because once a criminal, always a criminal, right?

When talking about sex-offenders and murderers? Yes.
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.
982 IQ
Sex offenders registries and criminal records shouldn't just be publicly accessible.

All it does is encourage people ignorant of the law and circumstances to get all vigilante about it. There's a reason we have a justice system to handle these things.

They serve their time and are let out when not judged a threat to the public. It is none of your business, nor is there any need for you to know, unless you are considering them for a job with vulnerable people or you are one of these law officials.
Anyone else having access to is just needless trouble.
StewieSwan
Decent User
5,001 IQ
Quote by stonyman65

Idiot
666atheist666
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by stonyman65

Unless you're joking, I question your logic.
Burgery
crack hitler
3,179 IQ
Quote by stonyman65

thats really stupid
Quote by JamSessionFreak
lots of really smart stuff
StewieSwan
Decent User
5,001 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Unless you're joking, I question your logic.

There is no logic to an opinion like that. It's purely based on a knee-jerk, emotional reaction.
666atheist666
stonyman65
Unregistered User
809 IQ
Quote by StewieSwan
There is no logic to an opinion like that. It's purely based on a knee-jerk, emotional reaction.

Knee-jerk reaction?

Why, because they raped someone, or because they killed someone unjustly?

So that's okay with you? What would you suggest?
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard
Eastwinn
through being cool
3,131 IQ
Quote by WCPhils
Damn....

i agree with stewie on all accounts here. the evidence suggests (i will find it if necessary) that rehabilitation is totally possible for pedophiles. other sex offenders, i don't know of the specific evidence but i'm confident that it exists somewhere.
to me this is for real
metalblaster
UG Newbie
494 IQ
Those sites don't work it Canada. There's plenty of them, but you have to pay and it just tells you basic shit you could find out on google and the phonebook.

Yeah. So our privacy rights actually do something apparently.
Jackal58
Pit Daddy
2,486 IQ
They only provide information on public record. They also charge you to access said information.
Wtf did you do Jon?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
StewieSwan
Decent User
5,001 IQ
Quote by stonyman65

So that's okay with you?

I don't even know what to say to such a stupid question.

Quote by Eastwinn

i agree with stewie on all accounts here. the evidence suggests (i will find it if necessary) that rehabilitation is totally possible for pedophiles. other sex offenders, i don't know of the specific evidence but i'm confident that it exists somewhere.

The recidivism rate for sex offenders in the first three years after release is a mere 5.3 percent.
666atheist666
Last edited by StewieSwan at Apr 9, 2013,
stonyman65
Unregistered User
809 IQ
Quote by StewieSwan
I don't even know what to say to such a stupid question.

Way to dodge the other question.

What else would you suggest?
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard
StewieSwan
Decent User
5,001 IQ
Quote by stonyman65
Way to dodge the other question.

What else would you suggest?

I'm not dodging a question. I think it's fucking retarded that you think the choice is either

A) Jailed and registered for everyone to see forever
B) FREE TO GO HERP DERP MURDER IS A-OK
666atheist666