Is it fair for male to female transsexuals to compete in sports against women?

Page 1 of 6
ErikLensherr
UnBanned
20 IQ
http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/04/11/ufc-ronda-rousey-transgender-fighter-fallon-fox/2072937/

I don't know. I don't know too much about bone structure and other anatomical differences between genders. But if they determined he or she had no inherent advantage over 'natural born' women then I'd be for it. I think some people need to check their cisgender privilege, seriously.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
fifth harmony defense force assemble
Obsceneairwaves
UG Member
21 IQ
no of course not

That's like saying it's fair for an adult to compete in childrens wrestling if he's got a mental disease that gives him the mental capabilities of a child.

He's still a ****ing adult
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
blake1221
‭‭
164 IQ
No.

Unless it's Theo, I don't think that would be much of a threat in an athletic competition.

In all reality, I guess this is more a case by case thing. I don't know nearly enough to give a legitimate answer.
Johnny_Ibanez
ʎuuɥoſ
260 IQ
If women want equality, let's do away with men's events and women's event and just have them all competing against each other in the same event. Let's see how they like never winning anything ever again.
adamgur96
Not caring no more
668 IQ
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
no of course not

That's like saying it's fair for an adult to compete in childrens wrestling if he's got a mental disease that gives him the mental capabilities of a child.

+2

Also reading this in Johnny Bravo's voice sound hilarious
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
230 IQ
I don't know. On the one hand, they may have some physical advantage, but on the other hand, they may not due to anti-androgens. As long as there is no advantage, who cares?

Quote by blake1221
Unless it's Theo, I don't think that would be much of a threat in an athletic competition.

Your what has a what now?
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Apr 11, 2013,
VillainousLatin
UG Newbie
10 IQ
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
no of course not

yeah, this.

^I don't think any amount of drugs can completely take away everything a man developed.
Last edited by VillainousLatin at Apr 11, 2013,
Burgery
crack hitler
81 IQ
Quote by theogonia777
I don't know. On the one hand, they may have some physical advantage, but on the other hand, they may not due to anti-androgens. As long as there is no advantage, who cares?

but there totally undeniably is an advantage
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
institutions
TUNNEL SNAKES RULE
10 IQ
If they're legally now female, it's fair.
=^● ⋏ ●^=
myanimelist! | steam!
---------
i'm a waste of my freedom / cause i have imprisoned myself
with this crippling lack of wealth / and my decaying sense of self
TheChaz
Other Barry
60 IQ
How many years of male muscular, skeletal, and and hormonal development before SRS? No it's not fair.
severed-metal
mooderator
550 IQ
Quote by VillainousLatin
yeah, this.

^I don't think any amount of drugs can completely take away everything a man developed.

They can take away his penis, and that's all a man really has.
Joshua Garcia
An actual big boy
4,731 IQ
As long as the sport has balls. Nothing makes a transgender male to female person feel like a real woman than a few balls in her face.
Quote by RAB11
Josh-Claude Van DAAAAAAAAAAYUM GRRRL hook me up with dem digits
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Apr 11, 2013,
TooktheAtrain
Banned
20 IQ
Why not abolish gender distinctions in sports all together and have mixed gender events?

Then we can stop all the petty squabbling.
WCPhils
UnBanned
10 IQ
Quote by TooktheAtrain
Why not abolish gender distinctions in sports all together and have mixed gender events?

hahahhahahaha, good one

hahahaha
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Apr 11, 2013,
BladeSlinger
nerd
120 IQ
If they perform at the same levels as the other women then I don't see why not. If they monitor the amount of testosterone and estrogen in their body then I don't see why not. The male hormones will give them the edge. Without them they won't have as much of an advantage.

People who compete as transsexuals aren't just men in a dress or whatever. They've undergone gender reassignment treatment. I don't think someone who's transgender but hasn't undergone treatment should be allowed to compete.
Quote by cemges
And tell, how come you became idiot enough

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Obsceneairwaves
UG Member
21 IQ
Quote by Jacques-Henri
Is anyone else disturbed by how hot that man is?

that's actually the woman

this is the transgender fighter, that she would potentially fight

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
VanTheKraut
How tough am I?!
160 IQ
I can't believe they suspended Matt Mitrioni over this. Heshe is a "lying, sick, sociopathic... etc. etc." for fighting a woman, and only divulging that heshe was a man afterwards. It's the same as a man going into the ring against a woman and beating her to a pulp (which Fox did). Fox should be banned, not Mitrioni. But UFC doesn't have the balls to stand against the politically correct idiots that try to run the world now.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Burgery
crack hitler
81 IQ
Quote by VanTheKraut
I can't believe they suspended Matt Mitrioni over this. Heshe is a "lying, sick, sociopathic... etc. etc." for fighting a woman, and only divulging that heshe was a man afterwards. It's the same as a man going into the ring against a woman and beating her to a pulp (which Fox did). Fox should be banned, not Mitrioni. But UFC doesn't have the balls to stand against the politically correct idiots that try to run the world now.

what
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
JimmyBanks6
Cant Steal Ma Santa Hat
40 IQ
this debate was on my fb feed, everyone agreed that they should be allowed because they are now woman and therefore have no advantage.

my mind was blown by that response.

i did not take part in the debate, wasnt worth my time.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
BladeSlinger
nerd
120 IQ
Quote by JimmyBanks6
this debate was on my fb feed, everyone agreed that they should be allowed because they are now woman and therefore have no advantage.

my mind was blown by that response.

i did not take part in the debate, wasnt worth my time.

A lot of people don't really get that it's not a magical process.

I do think that with proper regulations, someone trans people could. They'd just have to have the right amount of estrogen.
Quote by cemges
And tell, how come you became idiot enough

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
VanTheKraut
How tough am I?!
160 IQ
Quote by Burgery
what

I will slap your face so super hard!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOIUWdJWaec
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Apr 11, 2013,
Lemoninfluence
Masculist
40 IQ
Quote by BladeSlinger
If they perform at the same levels as the other women then I don't see why not. If they monitor the amount of testosterone and estrogen in their body then I don't see why not. The male hormones will give them the edge. Without them they won't have as much of an advantage.

People who compete as transsexuals aren't just men in a dress or whatever. They've undergone gender reassignment treatment. I don't think someone who's transgender but hasn't undergone treatment should be allowed to compete.

But it's not just hormone levels that determine performance.

Generally men have more muscle mass and there are differences in the skeletal make up (the most obvious one being the difference in hip bones) but then there's enough variation within genders that there's overlap. And it becomes difficult to differentiate between a gifted 'natural' female and a relatively average male-turned-female.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Lemoninfluence
Masculist
40 IQ
Quote by VanTheKraut

If you were transgender and filled out a form asking for your sex you'd put the sex you were at that time, not the one you were born. Otherwise there's no point to having the procedure.

Mitrione should have been banned because he's a professional athlete representing a sport that's not yet fully legal in the US. Apart from the potential shitstorm it could create through perceived discrimination, it just doesn't portray the sport in the right light. Instead of being a professional who's condemning something he believes is wrong, he comes across as some violent thug.

Exactly the image the UFC needs to avoid.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
JimmyBanks6
Cant Steal Ma Santa Hat
40 IQ
Quote by Lemoninfluence
If you were transgender and filled out a form asking for your sex you'd put the sex you were at that time, not the one you were born. Otherwise there's no point to having the procedure.

i was under the impression sex is what you were born, legally.

gender is your choice.

that must be wrong?

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
300 IQ
Yes because body chemistry changes when you get a sex change. Muscle density changes. Etc.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Obsceneairwaves
UG Member
21 IQ
Quote by JimmyBanks6

gender is your choice.

that must be wrong?

I've never made that distinction because I'm lazy, but I actually quite like that.

this is how things should be

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
80 IQ
If sucking dick was an Olympic sport, would it be unfair for gay men to compete?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Obsceneairwaves
UG Member
21 IQ
Quote by TunerAddict
If sucking dick was an Olympic sport, would it be unfair for gay men to compete?

no because men would have no actual advantage over women, other than cosmetically.

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Lemoninfluence
Masculist
40 IQ
Quote by JimmyBanks6

gender is your choice.

that must be wrong?

From what I understand, being transgender is living as a woman in terms of behaviour, clothing, lifestyle choices etc and being transexual is having had your genitals altered to become like those of the opposite sex.

So a transexual would also be transgender, but someone who is transgender may not have been through sex reassignment surgery.

It's confusing, but I think that someone who's been through SRS and is living as a woman can be forgiven as thinking of themselves as a woman when filling out forms etc.

Quote by element4433
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Apr 11, 2013,
JimmyBanks6
Cant Steal Ma Santa Hat
40 IQ
Quote by element4433
Yes because body chemistry changes when you get a sex change. Muscle density changes. Etc.

are you somehow going to prove that the person has no advantages?

hormones/muscle density/ body frame?

men also tend to have better vision than woman, while woman have better hearing.
not big enough an issue to matter?

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
CoreysMonster
Banned
210 IQ
Are there actual studies on this? Have there been scientific tests on how well MtF athletes perform, and how well FtM athletes perform, compared to their "natural" counterparts?

If MtF athletes perform significantly better than females, then of course they shouldn't compete in the same league.

Simultaneously, if FtM athletes can't physically perform at the same level as born males, then they shouldn't be forced to compete with them, either.

More studies are needed on this, methinks.
adamgur96
Not caring no more
668 IQ
Quote by TunerAddict

If it was for giving hand jobs it would be unfair, giving bj's is the same for men and women

I'd imagine
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Obsceneairwaves
UG Member
21 IQ
Quote by JimmyBanks6
are you somehow going to prove that the person has no advantages?

hormones/muscle density/ body frame?

men also tend to have better vision than woman, while woman have better hearing.
not big enough an issue to matter?

pretty sure he was being sarcastic mate

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Swannie
drives a hearse
101 IQ
Quote by Lemoninfluence
From what I understand, being transgender is living as a woman in terms of behaviour, clothing, lifestyle choices etc and being transexual is having had your genitals altered to become like those of the opposite sex.

So a transexual would also be transgender, but someone who is transgender may not have been through sex reassignment surgery.

This is true. Transgender can also be a catch-all term though.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
JimmyBanks6
Cant Steal Ma Santa Hat
40 IQ
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
pretty sure he was being sarcastic mate

i didnt get that impression, those are arguments that were made in the fb thread i was quoting earlier.

im asking serious questions because i dont have enough knowledge on this issue to truly have an educated opinion

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO