Page 1 of 100
Tostitos
caffeinated
868 IQ
Spring has sprung, and with it a new Forum Plan thread! For anyone who doesn't know, this is the general chat thread for the bass forum. The rest of you all know the drill.

Links to the other Forum Plan threads:
V3: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1394303
V2: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=884898&page=1&pp=20
V1: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/announcement.php?f=6&announcementid=143

*Note that the forum rules can be found in the first forum plan thread, or in the sticky at the top of the forum (https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1597437). Please read them if you are not familiar with them.

So welcome all, to Forum Plan V4!
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Tostitos
caffeinated
868 IQ
Shamelessly lifted from Dan's post from the last thread:

"BOTM" (Bass Of The Month)
A "BOTM" thread is a thread in which a forum user writes a review of one of their own basses including pictures, videos, sound clips or any interesting trivia of that specific bass.

"BPOTM" (Bass Player Of The Month)
In this series a user writes a bio of a bass player of their choice, including things such as life history, playing technique, gear used. Also include pics and/or videos.

"UROTM" (User Rig Of The Month)
A "UROTM" thread differs from "BOTM" because in this series a user profiles their entire bass playing setup including basses, amps and effects. The user should provide an insight into why they use the equipment that they are profiling. Once again including pictures, videos and sound clips is preferred.

Anyone wishing to volunteer themselves for any of these threads should post in this thread stating the type of thread, the subject of the thread and a month when we should expect it to be posted. We would prefer these threads to be posted at the beginning of the month as opposed to the end of the month. Once posted the thread will be stickied by a forum moderator and at the end of the month will be sent to the forum archives.

--------------------------

Bass Of The Month
Spaz91 - April

Bass Player Of The Month

User Rig Of The Month
Spaz91 - April
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Nutter_101
1,826 IQ
I could also do a UROTM soon. My rig has changed a fair bit since I last did one...

Edit: Jesus, my last one was 5 years ago.

5 YEARS.

WHERE HAS MY LIFE GONE.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Last edited by Nutter_101 at Apr 13, 2013,
fudger
Im a ninja of love..
647 IQ
Not drinking tonight. Had my buddies bachelor party last night and I'm so hungover my whole body hurts.
anarkee
oh the horror!
3,136 IQ
Going out for some beers with Mr Tam and the guitarist. The pub has a whole line of beers by Clown Shoes. I like their Tramp Stamp Belgian IPA.

Cam, I may grab the rules and move them into their own thread so they are easily read in the forum.
skater dan0
ex-mod
1,755 IQ
I propose a toast to simultaneously mourn the loss of the forum plan V3 and celebrate the birth of V4

Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Sudaka
Novice Bass Player
1,096 IQ
I'd like to make the toast with my favorite drink, fernet with coke (THE argentinian drink, probably)

Also, first page, yay! And we are already talking about booze! This thread is just a great success, and it took less than one page. Let's see how it is when we reach page 500
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
1,381 IQ
I shall crack open a bottle of good Bourbon to celebrate the latest incarnation of this thread!

I pinched a nerve in my left shoulder, so it should help with that, too.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
Sudaka
Novice Bass Player
1,096 IQ
Gotta love "Da rules" thread. Read it just to refresh myself about the rules and to see if there were anything new. Nice working putting it together, it's clear and easy going. It seems that Mrs. Tam and Mr. Cam (LOL) are taking this new modership seriously
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
anarkee
oh the horror!
3,136 IQ
I went to the pub. Drank many beers. Will happen again.

Ok Jon, what happened?
Tostitos
caffeinated
868 IQ
In a break from the norm, I went to a wine tasting tonight, so I raise a glass to all you fine people.

Quote by Spaz91
I went to a club.

I shall not be going to clubs in future.

Was it as bad as I imagine it would be? I have never had the desire to go clubbing, nor the least bit of curiosity to see what it's like.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
1,381 IQ
Quote by anarkee
Ok Jon, what happened?

He probably struck out. We men tend to swear off of things when we strike out there.

Then again, it might have been a trendy club packed to the gills with poseurs. In that case, he must swear off of clubs in order to avoid becoming a mass killer.

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
eddiehimself
Call me EH, eh?
1,540 IQ
Quote by anarkee

Yeah man, so sad to hear about this . Always wear your seatbelt, kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-yBcS1a8Mc
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Apr 14, 2013,
skippy_moogoose
30 Rhythm Points...O yeah
1,033 IQ
Hehehe, it amuses me that the last post in V3 berates the cost of Fenders...

somethings never change!!

Very sad news about Chi though!!

Also, Bristol on a sunday sucks, literally nobody wants to come out, Its my only day off atm (6 day week) and I have get up at 4:30am to go to work in bath for the next two days!! I am an unhappy chappy! :/
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Spaz91
RIP Terry
6,280 IQ
Quote by anarkee
Ok Jon, what happened?

Pubs:

1. I can wear what I want.
2. Drinks are reasonable, varied and tasty.
3. The music is always at least acceptable.
4. Seats, sometimes even comfy seats.
5. No slags and OTT-PDAs.

Clubs.

1. Have to dress smart to get into a sleaze-pit.
2. Drinks are overpriced and shite.
3. Nicki Minaj.
4. Sticky floors.
5. VD everywhere.

Quote by skippy_moogoose
Also, Bristol on a sunday sucks, literally nobody wants to come out, Its my only day off atm (6 day week) and I have get up at 4:30am to go to work in bath for the next two days!! I am an unhappy chappy! :/

I just went to Treblerock and they'd shut an hour early. The lazy buggers have lost a customer due to this slight inconvenience.
skippy_moogoose
30 Rhythm Points...O yeah
1,033 IQ
Jon, I can't remember the last time I went clubbing, for similar reasons, plus, if you're single, u spend the whole time getting drunk enough to try and chase some girl who you probably can't stand anyway and if you're attached the spend the whole time trying to stop guys hitting on/ physically touching your partner...and often the music sucks!!

So yeah, pubs/ good bars all the way

and Holy sh*t I've got old
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
eddiehimself
Call me EH, eh?
1,540 IQ
Quote by Spaz91
Pubs:

1. I can wear what I want.
2. Drinks are reasonable, varied and tasty.
3. The music is always at least acceptable.
4. Seats, sometimes even comfy seats.
5. No slags and OTT-PDAs.

Clubs.

1. Have to dress smart to get into a sleaze-pit.
2. Drinks are overpriced and shite.
3. Nicki Minaj.
4. Sticky floors.
5. VD everywhere.

+1. Plus, you can get the atmosphere at a pub without having to stay up until 3 in the morning.

Quote by skippy_moogoose
Jon, I can't remember the last time I went clubbing, for similar reasons, plus, if you're single, u spend the whole time getting drunk enough to try and chase some girl who you probably can't stand anyway and if you're attached the spend the whole time trying to stop guys hitting on/ physically touching your partner...and often the music sucks!!

Yep, plus you end up spending the whole rest of the night/day in bed thinking about that girl you wanted to get with but didn't (assuming there was anyone decent there).
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Apr 14, 2013,
dark Mass
ZORK
523 IQ
I'm never going to fly economy again.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Sudaka
Novice Bass Player
1,096 IQ
Quote by dark Mass

wish i could say the same, but the more flight money I save, the more GAS money I get
Quote by FatalGear41

Sterling Ray 35
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Tostitos
caffeinated
868 IQ
Quote by dark Mass

Were you flying Southwest? Or coach on any other airline?
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
anarkee
oh the horror!
3,136 IQ
Vegas is about as far as I can go with Southwest. Then it becomes a mass transit experience in the air..
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB
2,387 IQ
Quote by fudger
His story is so sad. Rip brother of the low end. May bassist heaven have all the Fenders and Ampeg 810s you want.

I hope something comes out of the Eros recordings. It'll be nice to hear Chi on record again, plus hopefully raise money for outstanding medical bills or put the proceeds to neurological research charities or something.
fudger
Im a ninja of love..
647 IQ
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I hope something comes out of the Eros recordings. It'll be nice to hear Chi on record again, plus hopefully raise money for outstanding medical bills or put the proceeds to neurological research charities or something.

Yeah it will be good to hear what they had going before his accident and everything happened. Granted I like chinos side project team sleep more than deftones but they will hold a place in my library and I'll put them on from time to time.
dark Mass
ZORK
523 IQ
Quote by Tostitos
Were you flying Southwest? Or coach on any other airline?
No, it was Delta Economy Comfort class.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
fudger
Im a ninja of love..
647 IQ
Quote by dark Mass
No, it was Delta Economy Comfort class.

And by the sounds of things the comfort level was rock bottom. I bet they have a asterisk next the comfort class saying we love irony.
dark Mass
ZORK
523 IQ
Quote by fudger
And by the sounds of things the comfort level was rock bottom. I bet they have a asterisk next the comfort class saying we love irony.

Well compared to the Economy class that Delta has it's much better. The only problem I had was a kid that was kicking the back of my seat while I was sleeping.
edgeyyz
I take out the trash
893 IQ
Quote by Deliriumbassist

I'm hoping they do so as well. I really think that if they don't release it soon, it's because they've decided to never release it.
Spanner93
333 IQ
Quote by Deliriumbassist

True, would seem a fitting legacy really. Plus it would be pretty damn cool to hear Chi again.

Sergio Vega is a damn good replacement though.
Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.
fudger
Im a ninja of love..
647 IQ
Quote by dark Mass
Well compared to the Economy class that Delta has it's much better. The only problem I had was a kid that was kicking the back of my seat while I was sleeping.

Thats what a rag and chloroform is for.
dark Mass
ZORK
523 IQ
What the hell is going on in Boston?
dark Mass
ZORK
523 IQ
Oh my.
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
1,381 IQ
Marathon? Why in heaven's name would anyone run 26 miles unless they were being chased?

So what, exactly, exploded? Are we talking terrorists or something akin to a gas leak?

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by Spaz91