While going through some of my old albums (vinyl record type) a few days ago (I was actually looking for an old Hollywood Fats album at the time) I ran across some Molly Hatchet albums and thought to myself, you know, it sure is hard to beat this kind of artwork and along with the Pure Prairie League album art I recalled that I always considered it to be some of the best and found myself wondering what some of your favorites might be.
Last edited by HotDan! at Apr 25, 2013,
lassic rock is a radio format which developed from the album-oriented rock (AOR) format in the early 1980s. In the United States, the classic rock format features music ranging generally from the late 1960s to the late 1980s, primarily focusing on the hard rock genre that peaked in popularity in the 1970s.Classic rock stations re-create, in part, the sound of album-oriented rock stations of the 1970s and 1980s (although usually with a much more limited playlist)[citation needed] and appeal mainly to adults rather than teenagers. Despite this, many classic rock acts consistently attract new generations of fans. Some classic rock stations also play a limited number of current releases which are stylistically consistent with the station's sound, or from established classic rock artists who still produce new albums.

http://immigrationoverseas.com/Australia.aspx
Queen-News of the World
The Who- Tommy, Whos Next, By Numbers
Beatles-Revolver
Frank Zappa and the Mothers-Were Only in it for the Money just to name some..
Quote by overseasseo
lassic rock is a radio format which developed from the album-oriented rock (AOR) format in the early 1980s. In the United States, the classic rock format features music ranging generally from the late 1960s to the late 1980s, primarily focusing on the hard rock genre that peaked in popularity in the 1970s.Classic rock stations re-create, in part, the sound of album-oriented rock stations of the 1970s and 1980s (although usually with a much more limited playlist)[citation needed] and appeal mainly to adults rather than teenagers. Despite this, many classic rock acts consistently attract new generations of fans. Some classic rock stations also play a limited number of current releases which are stylistically consistent with the station's sound, or from established classic rock artists who still produce new albums.

http://immigrationoverseas.com/Australia.aspx

What? I don't understand. Seems entirely unrelated.
I mentioned the Molly Hatchet and Pure Prairie League covers and one of the things that I recall about them is that they were...like a series I guess. Anticipation for the next one ran pretty high. There were other similar ones as well which, offhand, I can't remember.
Quote by HotDan!
What? I don't understand. Seems entirely unrelated.
That's an account that was created exclusively to advertise. An advertising account will often post things like that that are just barely relevant (in this case, that paragraph is copied from the "Classic Rock" wikipedia page) in what I assume is an attempt to make it not stand out as an advertising account. We ban such accounts, and that one has been taken care of already.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Some other album artwork that is pretty awesome is the art for Meat Loaf's albums.
Vitne
http://
In The Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson has always been one of my personal favorites.
Quote by MrFlaugher91
In The Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson has always been one of my personal favorites.
yep, classic!
Nazareth have some awesome LP covers, Rampant, Expect No Mercy and the awesome No Mean City.
Fender USA Strat
Fender Showmaster
G & L Asat Special
G & L Ascari GTS
Fender CD-60
Fender Gemini 2
Walden 550 Natural
Marshall DSL 40 Valve Amp
Line 6 Spider 3
This is one of the reasons I don't buy downloads. Album artwork can be awesome. I use CDs now, but before the internet was around I used to love going round all the local record shops & choosing albums based solely on the artwork.

I guess it's a bit predictable, but Iron Maiden were always a favourite - espeically the Somewhere In Time album, I spent ages examining it & finding all the references to all their different songs on there.

Also, +1 to the Meatloaf comment, although a few of them were a bit shit (pretty much just his large face taking up the whole cover!). The ones with 'actual' artwork were cool though.

Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Roger Dean is one of my favorite artists in general. Got famous doing album covers for YES. Uriah Heep, too.
Listen. I'm sorry.
Last edited by vilk at Jun 25, 2013,
"Wish You Were Here" From Pink Floyd is definitely one of my favorites. Mastodon is a current band that has amazing artwork, particularly "Crack The Skye" and "Blood Mountain".
"British Steel" Judas Priest
"The Dark Side of The Moon" Pink Floyd
"The Wall" Pink Floyd
"Standing In The Sun" Slash & Myles Kennedy
"We Sold our Soul For Rock N Roll" Black Sabbath
"(inside of booklet for Led Zeppelin IV- the hermit)" LED ZEPPELIN DUH?
Rock N' Roll isn't just a genre of music. It's a way of life. If you fall; get the hell up, brush off, and keep rockin!
Don't forget Asia's album art. That was pretty cool. Also Boston's Boston was cool with the guitars that look like spaceships.
True enough... Welcome to the UG Machine cjog210...
Rock N' Roll isn't just a genre of music. It's a way of life. If you fall; get the hell up, brush off, and keep rockin!
My favorite's always been Black Sabbath's first album. I'd love to visit the place where that picture was taken sometime. It's funny cause Paranoid is my all-time favorite album, but I actually think it has one of the worst album covers.
I will never understand what that is on the Paranoid album...
Quote by RoKHED
I will never understand what that is on the Paranoid album...

Lol, it's supposed to be a little man with a sword and shield. The band has said he's supposed to be a war pig, but there's just no justifying it. He looks like a homeless dude on some VERY powerful drugs.
Haha, never really understood what it was but, one day I looked at it and it just hit me, it's a guy in a helmet, wielding a sword and shield.
still looks like a hobo with a perfectly good sword... actually, the hobo seems to be high... or possibly turning into a werewolf.
Quote by HolyC4bbage

and that picture is?