JackovSlayer
Registered Abuser
76 IQ
Your amp is one from the older MG series, while that footswitch in the link is made for new one. I don't know is it compatible.
dementiacaptain
Chiefin' Son
2,227 IQ
Quote by DeathlyShadow
Hey

Does anyone know what footswitches are compatible with the Marshall MG100dfx. I just bought the amp and need a better footswitch than the 2 switch one that's included!

Does this work with this amp?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-MG4-Series-Stompware-Guitar-Footcontroller-Footswitch-105619027-i1445562.gc

I'm pretty sure that the old MGs only work with two button footswitches, however the design of the MG switch is pretty generic and there a lot of footswitches that would work if all you were looking for is durability.

If you are looking for extra accessibility I'm afraid you are out of luck.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
rickyj
Unregistered user
1,937 IQ
What you really need is a new amp.
Dysprosium
113 IQ
If it's the model I'm thinking of, it'll work with both the two or 4 button with tuner footswitches. Does it look like this and say Tuner above the Damping and Store buttons? If you so can 100% for sure say it will work because I own it.

GaryBillington
Last of a Dyin' Breed
1,309 IQ
What difference do you think a 'better' footswitch will make?
Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H

My SoundCloud
Dysprosium
113 IQ
One has a tuner on it, one does not. Kind of convenient if you ask me.
dementiacaptain
Chiefin' Son
2,227 IQ
Quote by Dysprosium
One has a tuner on it, one does not. Kind of convenient if you ask me.

I would just get a tuner pedal. Built in tuners are rarely worth a damn.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Dysprosium
113 IQ
At Guitar Center at least, it looks like the one with the tuner is cheaper, but only by $2.
JackovSlayer
Registered Abuser
76 IQ
Quote by Dysprosium
If it's the model I'm thinking of, it'll work with both the two or 4 button with tuner footswitches. Does it look like this and say Tuner above the Damping and Store buttons? If you so can 100% for sure say it will work because I own it.

It doesn't look like that, you have one of the newer marshall MG-s, while he has the older version. So I don't think he can use the same footswitch you can.