Page 1 of 4
OMGASERIOUSTHREADBYOMETH!!!!!!!!
Now that we have over that (hopefully), let's get started shall we?
Here's a little introdutory paragraph because that's how you start things amirite: I always wanted to manage to record one of our insane collabs, but after a bit of discussion we figured it would be easier to just write a few songs and make an album. It has been done already (at least tried, as you may know this thread) but this is supposed to be multigenre (duh).
It would be cool if two members collab'd in each track, but first we need to know who's willing to participate!
I'm not going to exclude anyone based on songwriting/instruments skills at all (I hope this is cool with everyone, and not to criticize those who do), just so everyone can have a go and hopefully just have some good wholehearted fun!
If you don't have a way to record instruments don't worry, I'm shure we can find a way around that. There are some very talented musicians on this forum that hopefully are willing to record for you (pretty please?). I'm also willing to help anyone program drums.
So that's it, pretty much! Hopefully I'll stop overusing exclamation points in the future!

Members:
Ometh
Adrian89
RedDeath9
DethFade
g0ze
Emperor's Child
MousseMoose
btones

ChemicalFire (busy with exams)
CheesyMozarella (busy with exams)
link no1 (not shure)
EpiExplorer (not shure)
Cavalcade(waiting for your confirmation broski)
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Last edited by Ometh at Jun 30, 2013,
Quote by Adrian89
I think I could write good music for a collab, you can check out my band (http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/ ) and also have several tabs for projects in my pc..

Post them! Let's get ideas rolling!
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I shall tentatively put myself in for this, I have exams and stuff coming up. No idea how my time is going to be in the next few weeks.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by RedDeath9
I'm in.

I'm thinking we should make a tracklisting, and each track would correspond to a certain genre?

Yes, but first we should get a few more people to join lol.

Chemy: there's no rush, so no worries
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Record a collab? Iunno, a lot of the stuff I put into the collabs I dont intend to actually play, if you get my drift. How would this all work exactly?
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I think we should try as hard as we can to make stuff actually playable (I guess keys won't be a problem since we can program them), but plans for recording should be made after we've written everything. i.e., let's focus on the writing first.
ed Files
File Type: gp5 ANAAAL stuff.gp5 (5.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: gp5 Tema meshufloyd.gp5 (8.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: gp5 Tralla 1.gp5 (3.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: gp5 anthrax.gp5 (28.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: gp5 carnal.gp5 (6.3 KB, 3 views)

I feel bad that a guy that called one of his riffs 'ANAAAL riffs' still gives his files better placeholder names than I do...

Most of my GP files consist of either 'ASS' or 'TITS' and have a series of random numbers after them, not even a number to specify which 'TITS' it is, just a random series of numbers. Such a nightmare looking for things I want -.-
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by RedDeath9
I think we should try as hard as we can to make stuff actually playable (I guess keys won't be a problem since we can program them), but plans for recording should be made after we've written everything. i.e., let's focus on the writing first.

Redy knows what's up
Quote by link no1
I feel bad that a guy that called one of his riffs 'ANAAAL riffs' still gives his files better placeholder names than I do...

Most of my GP files consist of either 'ASS' or 'TITS' and have a series of random numbers after them, not even a number to specify which 'TITS' it is, just a random series of numbers. Such a nightmare looking for things I want -.-

I think everyone names their files random names really lol, no worries.
Do I add you to the collab list?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by EpiExplorer
Record a collab? Iunno, a lot of the stuff I put into the collabs I dont intend to actually play, if you get my drift. How would this all work exactly?

Think of it an exercise in writing music that is more than just it's own technicality. :P

hurrhurr

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Last edited by ChemicalFire at May 11, 2013,
Quote by Ometh
Redy knows what's up

I think everyone names their files random names really lol, no worries.
Do I add you to the collab list?

Perhaps. Going to have to see how much free time I'm going to have. I shouldn't take that long finding out though.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by link no1

The name comes from Anaal nathrakh, a black/ death band. Im not that perverted.
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
I would like to help with this and after the next week or two I should have plenty of free time...unless I get hired somewhere, but I'll still have some.
I had a song I kind of stopped working on but iunno, could be good for this
Attachments:
420 Blaze It.gp4
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
In the end, if I can't actually write anything (though I should be able to) I'll still be happy to run some midi through my Steven Slate Set Up (I have ALL the kits) and maybe record some bass parts.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by RedDeath9
Should we just on ahead with making the tracklist?

Not enough people IMO.
And everyone should choose a guy to collab in a song, so every song is a collab between 2 people. That'd be cool.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Don't know how my latest written songs are to other people's ears, but so long as I haven't ashamed my self with those said songs I am in.

I think I'm okay with ambient stuff at least.

Here's what I just did trying to think up an album intro about 30 minutes ago.
Attachments:
Before The Aeons.gp5
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
Fate is your deciding God
Last edited by DragTheWaters11 at May 17, 2013,
I'll have loads more free time after the first one June. So I should be okay to actually commit to this.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ChemicalFire
In the end, if I can't actually write anything (though I should be able to) I'll still be happy to run some midi through my Steven Slate Set Up (I have ALL the kits) and maybe record some bass parts.

Never heard of Steven Slate Trigger's until now.

Thank you.

You're awesome.

No more completely rancid drum audio mixes for me... >.>
If I can choose Im into some stoner or progressive stuff.. if anyone is interested we can start pretty much now.
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
I'm up for doing almost anything really. What I normally write is heavily chord based metalcore, ala 7A7P, Misery Signals, Counterparts, etc.

But I do have experience with writing other genres, including Groove Metal, Death Metal, Deathcore, Stoner Rock, Melodic Doom and even Nu Metal back when I was 15.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ChemicalFire
I'm up for doing almost anything really. What I normally write is heavily chord based metalcore, ala 7A7P, Misery Signals, Counterparts, etc.

But I do have experience with writing other genres, including Groove Metal, Death Metal, Deathcore, Stoner Rock, Melodic Doom and even Nu Metal back when I was 15.

It'd be interesting to see you write DM

EDIT: I'm not being condescending btw, the smiley is misleading
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Last edited by Ometh at May 17, 2013,
I used to write it all the time... whether it was any good and whether I can still do it is another question entirely. My focus has been so centred on what I've been doing now for just over 2 years, it took a year of that to get it to the point where I was happy with what I was doing. Been spending the last year writing an ep.

I always preferred writing melodeath, I like me some melody. Big In Flames inspired leads ftw. So I guess if I was gonna do a DM collab I'd rather Melodic Death or Melodeath one

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Last edited by ChemicalFire at May 17, 2013,
Quote by ChemicalFire
I always preferred writing melodeath, I like me some melody. Big In Flames inspired leads ftw. So I guess if I was gonna do a DM collab I'd rather Melodic Death or Melodeath one

That's the same thing lol.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Nope.

Vehemence - Melodic Death
In Flames - Melodeath

They don't sound the same.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Carcass got the sound right.
Quote by ChemicalFire
Nope.

Vehemence - Melodic Death
In Flames - Melodeath

They don't sound the same.

Lolwut.
That's because Vehemence plays an old school-er kind of Melodeath, more similar to old At The Gates and Dismember. It retains the brutality while still being melodic. In Flames is watered down melodic metal: the DM is roughly there IMO. Both are Melodeath.
Quote by DragTheWaters11
Carcass got the sound right.

Carcass got everything right. All their eras sound great: they even got Death 'n' Roll right.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm in. No means to record but I can rape Guitar Pro 5 for all it's worth. Here's a Melodic Death/Doom-ish riff as my first contribution:
Attachments:
Death-Doom Riff.gp5
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Last edited by Emperor's Child at May 17, 2013,
Quote by Ometh
Lolwut.
That's because Vehemence plays an old school-er kind of Melodeath, more similar to old At The Gates and Dismember. It retains the brutality while still being melodic. In Flames is watered down melodic metal: the DM is roughly there IMO. Both are Melodeath.

The main thing that matters is you know what I mean. The nitty gritty of it is unimportant.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Last edited by ChemicalFire at May 17, 2013,
Quote by ChemicalFire
The main thing that matters is you know what I mean. The nitty gritty of it is unimportant.

Agreed lol, let's not spam this even further.

I added you to the list EmperorChild

EDIT: Also since everyone's sharing Imma upload some old shit too that I never managed to finish and that I'm probably not going to

EDIT2: i also added the file we were working on on the last thead "Collabs r srs bsnss"
Attachments:
oldturds.zip
voppavoppa.gp5
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Last edited by Ometh at May 17, 2013,
Sure I'll be down for it, but I wouldn't know what to do

I'll do most metal except deathcore, metalcore, nu-metal, groove and doom. Also, ambient rock, prog rock, electronica like Delerium and Brian Eno and any other stuff really.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Since I love being a dick and all, I feel the need to mention something...

If you intend on recording this who will record it? I mean, technically if you want it to sound cohesive in any way the guitars all need to be recorded by the same person... since guitar, playing, sound card, effects, amp tone, etc etc will all be completely different otherwise...

Wisest thing would be to keep things simple overall and get one talented person to agree to record everything or to get one person to record samples for everything and then arrange it afterwards.

Using the same drum samples for every track is obviously best, also...
Yeah, I was thinking about that earlier today^ I don't know if the person with the best equipment will also be talented enough to play everything.
Page 1 of 4