I really like Brian May wiring, i have seen a lot of "Brain May strat" videos which seem great, but i would like to also have series/parallel controls. Unfortunately most of the series parallel diagrams I've found don't have as much control as i would like, i would like to chose which pickups specifically are in a series.

*this is for a SSS strat*

like if i want the bridge and neck pickup in series, but i still want the middle pickup on as well.

that's why i don't like this wiring diagram:

so this is the diagram i made, i hope it makes sense. does it have any glaring mistakes? i'm not sure if i'm tackling the series/parallel part of the circuit the right way...

i hope it makes sense, next time i won't use microsoft paint for a wiring diagram...

in theory, i could have quite a few positions, like:

bridge and neck in series with the middle pickup out of phase
bridge and middle in series with the neck pickup out of phase.

i'm sure it seems like a lot of switches to most people, but i think it would be fun.
Uh, If I am correct Brian never had series/parallel switches on his Red Special, he only had phase switches and toggle switches for each pickup.

Considering that....it should ease up the wiring a bit.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by Guitar0player
Uh, If I am correct Brian never had series/parallel switches on his Red Special, he only had phase switches and toggle switches for each pickup.

Considering that....it should ease up the wiring a bit.
Uh, if you actually read the first sentence it says, "but I would like to also have series/parallel controls."