Page 1 of 2
Did you go through the gangsta rap phase?

The emo phase?

The stoner phase?

The atheist asshole phase?

The anime phase? (I lost friends because they fell too deeply into this hole)

The World of Warcraft phase? (Also lost a friend here)

I don't, because I was totally the coolest kid in school.

<.<

>.>
I went through the elitist metal asshole phase and I hate myself for it.

Apart from that I was the cool foreign guy who everyone bought drugs from. Except that part about the drugs. And being cool.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Nope. I cringe more when I think of myself now, because at least back then I had friends and an active social life.
Quote by Avedas
listening to metal avidly

*shudder*

I think everyone knew this kid.

My guy would sit in the hallways before first class, with a shitty Fender knock-off and a little amp. Imagine this guy, long, curly hair, pepperoni faced. Trying to play Metallica or Van Halen - REALLY badly. Guitar out of tune, distortion just awful. Everyone cringing as they pass him by.

Nobody had the heart to tell him to stop.
Sometimes I do. Like certain stupid things I did.
Most times I don't though.
I didn't go through any of those phases though.
I did go through a drunk phase where a friend and I would split a 6 pack on the way too school almost daily.
That was in my senior year, last semester.
Some kind of government related class I think.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Aug 25, 2013,
Having gone back to schools as an adult I must say that these phases don't really show as much as you think they do. If that makes any of you feel better.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Having gone back to schools as an adult I must say that these phases don't really show as much as you think they do. If that makes any of you feel better.

Maybe you're just out of touch with the youth of today
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
Maybe you're just out of touch with the youth of today

Highly likely

But really I think a lot of people look back in embarrassment like "I must have seemed like such an idiot" but really, it didn't show that much. Perhaps it's the school uniforms but I don't think the majority of pupils can tell if someone is an 'asshole atheist' or going through a 'world of warcraft phase' just by looking at them.
Yeah when I was 14 I went through a bit of a goth/emo phase I used to colour in my finger nails with permanent marker. I still cringe to this day about that.
Quote by entity0009
I went through the elitist metal asshole phase and I hate myself for it.

Apart from that I was the cool foreign guy who everyone bought drugs from. Except that part about the drugs. And being cool.

Me too.
Quote by Avedas
listening to metal avidly

*shudder*

I have a friend who is yet to leave this phase. Last time I saw him all he could talk about was his shitty post-metal album.
Hmm, I used to wear over-sized shirts and jeans because I thought I looked "cool". I never went through a specific style phase, though, I was too lazy to try to adhere to one
Equipment:
-Ibanez GIO
-Fender American Standard Strat HSS
-Acoustic Schneider Guitar
-ARIA STB-PB-DX Bass
-Vox VT50AD-XL
-Roland Cube-30 Bass
-Digitech RP-250
-Blue guitar pick
Proud Member of UG's 80's Rock Fan Club
No phases for me. I am pretty much the same now as I was in high school, only with a family and a job now.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
the metal nerd phase when i was 15-16 years old... still better than those wannabe biebers with their new era caps thinking they own the place.
"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."
I was the guy that kept making a fool of himself just by doing stupid stuff and not thinking about what I'm saying, other than that I was a metalhead from when I was about 8, in Scotland most of us start High School when we're 12. I was literally one of about 6 in my year group who was into even rock music and everyone else was into the chart music and rap and all that. Because of this my little group of metalhead friends was disliked by the rest of the year. I did also go through an emo phase when I was Manically Depressed then managed to sort myself out. In our final year of high school the whole year group actually started liking eachother and I was getting asked for favours from everyone to cut music, record stuff, make video documentaries and contribute to a bunch of stuff. High schools a weird time
I'm the sort of guy you'll have a ten second conversation with once a day.
I was really awkward and asocial with a bit of a superiority complex. I certainly had a pretentious atheist phase and I was flirting with libertarian elitism as well. I guess it's rather easy to fall into that individualist pit when you're feeling rejected. After the 9th grade, however, I realized that not everyone were utter nincompoops and I just shifted my focus to the people I actually liked.
REGGIE
Quote by DardySon
Yeah when I was 14 I went through a bit of a goth/emo phase I used to colour in my finger nails with permanent marker. I still cringe to this day about that.

EXACTLY this. Also my religion-teacher once called me the 'son of the devil' and I was proud about it, so that kinda depicts how I was back then.

Nowadays I'm a christian metalhead, quite the opposite person I've become :p
I was way too sarcastic in high school. I wouldn't say I cring at the thought, but im glad I stopped with that stuff.
No
The emo phase?
Still in it, I think....
The stoner phase?
Hells no
Of course
The anime phase?
Never had a phase, just liked it...
The World of Warcraft phase?
Nope

Yes I do cringe when i think of myself in high school.
I cringe when I think of myself during my first year of uni (which was only last year.....)
I've been perennially awesome since kindergarten.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Haha, I too wore oversize T shirts and super baggy jeans, and I was only 135lbs most of high school. Sophomore year I grew my hair out and discovered my hair gets curly when it's longer than an inch. That's an interesting year book picture. I had a mediocre metal band and we all thought we were badass. By the way OP thumbs up on your closing - made me laugh.
I didn't go through any of those phases. Maybe an "omg why is she (meaning me) so ugly" phase.
cat
Quote by CoreysMonster
I cringe to think of myself up to yesterday.

This is the story of my life.
I was that guy who smoked too much weed and didn't put any effort in until my last year. So I don't cringe too much, I was pretty chill. I was a bit too much of a leftie and liked to take the piss a bit too much though.
My first two years I felt pretty invisible and I was pretty self conscious about what others thought of me. My last two years I started to care less and then things became more fun. So I generally like the way I acted in highschool.
High school (11-16, UK): Not so much. I do cringe about a few things, but i put it down to my age, but i didn't really fit in, as i was one of the few people that listened to rock and had long hair and stuff. I wore fairly normal clothes, t shirts, jeans and trainers mostly, although we had school uniforms, so that didn't really matter.

College (16-18): I became massively infatuated with a girl who didn't feel the same, so yeah, in that sense i do cringe a lot over how i reacted to things, but these things happen and i learned from a lot of mistakes. I went binge drinking quite a lot, so there's that as well. Having said that, i had some really fun experiences that i would probably never forget, so it wasn't too bad.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by Philip_pepper

You're damn right.

The emo phase?

Of course

The stoner phase?

Missed this one

What would be teenage life without hours of Hitch videos on Youtube?

lolno because i'm not a freak

Did Runescape for a while but never as bad as my brother or my mate. Brother's relapsed

all dat
Nah man, I loved being high at school.
Tell me who's that writin'...
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Highly likely

But really I think a lot of people look back in embarrassment like "I must have seemed like such an idiot" but really, it didn't show that much. Perhaps it's the school uniforms but I don't think the majority of pupils can tell if someone is an 'asshole atheist' or going through a 'world of warcraft phase' just by looking at them.

the uniforms probably have something to do with it. my old headmistress had everyone wear identical uniforms to prevent the formation of cliques and bullying and such. it was actually extremely effective, but at the time everyone protested it, me including, because expressing ourselves man.
I don't think I really had a phase. I was never "emo," or really angsty, or a metalhead, or anything like that. I was, and still am, just really sarcastic. Guess I was a bit of a jock type. Not like a meathead or anything like that, but most of my friendships revolved around sports.

They still kind of do actually. If you will play a pickup game of basketball or baseball you're pretty chill
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Aug 25, 2013,
Quote by Philip_pepper
Yes
The emo phase?
no
The stoner phase?
yes
yes
Still in it sorta
no
I don't, because I was totally the coolest kid in school.

<.<

>.>

Answers are bolded in the quote.
Quote by WCPhils
I don't think I really had a phase. I was never "emo," or really angsty, or a metalhead, or anything like that. I was, and still am, just really sarcastic. Guess I was a bit of a jock type. Not like a meathead or anything like that, but most of my friendships revolved around sports.

They still kind of do actually. If you will play a pickup game of basketball or baseball you're pretty chill

can I be chill even though I can't play baseball and I'm scared of basketball so I'll just watch you play??
cat
Quote by guitarxo
can I be chill even though I can't play baseball and I'm scared of basketball so I'll just watch you play??

Sure!
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils

We should ball. I was on the JV team but then my grades got too shit to go on the varsity.
PG all day.
Page 1 of 2