Cold Reader
UG's IOW Engineer.
118 IQ
Hey guys, my wife is trying to raise money for the rainforest. She's getting a tattoo in the armpit of the Goliath Bird-Eating spider which is native to the rainforests.
All the money is going straight to the charity and won't be paying for the tattoo at all.

If you would like to donate or pass the link on to someone who might be able to, the link is here.

Thanks
hriday_hazarika
is a Space Lion. ^___^
1,065 IQ
Quote by Cold Reader
*some nonsense about getting a tattoo of a spider*

*some nonsense about getting said tattoo in the armpit*

I think your wife should raise some money so that she can get herself checked into a good psych ward.
Cold Reader
UG's IOW Engineer.
118 IQ
Quote by LostLegion
Like...in her armpit?

Supposed to be one of the most painful places, so she's willing to go through it to raise some money.
Also it can be covered up pretty easily if she needed to.

Donated, and good luck.

Thanks!
Last edited by Cold Reader at Aug 25, 2013,
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
2,142 IQ
Quote by Cold Reader
Also it can be covered up pretty easily if she needed to.

If she really cared, she would get it across her whole front or back.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please. This as well.
N_J_B_B
Nicko.
1,326 IQ
Jesus why the armpit? It's going to look like she hasn't shaved in years forever
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Cold Reader
UG's IOW Engineer.
118 IQ
Quote by N_J_B_B
Jesus why the armpit? It's going to look like she hasn't shaved in years forever

It's going to be coloured pretty brightly so it's not just going to look like a load of brown hair. Psychedelic spider!
MakinLattes
fully retractable
1,097 IQ
Which rainforest?

Is it a tropical rainforest? A temperate rainforest? Subtropical?

Is it in central Africa? West Africa? South America? Central America? Southeast Asia? The Pacific Northwest? Australia?

What precisely would this money fund? Would it go to preventing deforestation? Supporting second growth forests? Protecting and supporting communities in rainforests?

Are you going to donate money? Is she? Is this non-profit organization? Have there been any cases of embezzlement or other misappropriation of money?

This is all entirely too unclear for me.
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
2,142 IQ
Quote by Cold Reader
It's going to be coloured pretty brightly so it's not just going to look like a load of brown hair. Psychedelic spider!

Brightly colored? This sounds like she wants to make compromises to make it convenient for her.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please. This as well.
MakinLattes
fully retractable
1,097 IQ
So they start off by claiming they are going to support the "world's most endangered rainforest" then go on to talk about the Amazon, which is categorically not the most endangered rainforest. How disingenuous.
Cold Reader
UG's IOW Engineer.
118 IQ
Quote by MakinLattes
Which rainforest?

Is it a tropical rainforest? A temperate rainforest? Subtropical?

Is it in central Africa? West Africa? South America? Central America? Southeast Asia? The Pacific Northwest? Australia?

What precisely would this money fund? Would it go to preventing deforestation? Supporting second growth forests? Protecting and supporting communities in rainforests?

Are you going to donate money? Is she? Is this non-profit organization? Have there been any cases of embezzlement or other misappropriation of money?

This is all entirely too unclear for me.

The money is going to the charity Cool Earth.
They protect quite a few rainforests, Peruvian Amazon and the Awacachi Corridor is being focused on.
We have donated around £50 so far (any spare change goes to them)
Cool Earth use about 10% for site costs and 90% goes directly to the projects.

Here is their site if you would like to know more:
http://www.coolearth.org/
tyler_j
^ The **** who tyler_j is
3,411 IQ
Quote by Cold Reader
The money is going to the charity Cool Earth.
They protect quite a few rainforests, Peruvian Amazon and the Awacachi Corridor is being focused on.
We have donated around £50 so far (any spare change goes to them)
Cool Earth use about 10% for site costs and 90% goes directly to the projects.

Here is their site if you would like to know more:
http://www.coolearth.org/

So you've raised a measly £45 for the projects? Even if that's only a cumulative total so far, is that really worth your wife scarring herself with a tattoo of a goddamn spider?
whoomit
1,492 IQ
Quote by tyler_j
So you've raised a measly £45 for the projects? Even if that's only a cumulative total so far, is that really worth your wife scarring herself with a tattoo of a goddamn spider?

No, they've donated £50.

So far they've raised a further £250.
tyler_j
^ The **** who tyler_j is
3,411 IQ
Quote by whoomit
No, they've donated £50.

So far they've raised a further £250.

Well if my reading skills were better, I'd have been far more impressed the first time,
Aralingh
Intelligent person
301 IQ
This doesn't really address the underlying problems, so, a waste of resources and effort.