I would like to buy this unfinished guitar that has a set neck. Since it's unfinished I don't have to worry about getting rid of poly or any junk like that but the biggest problem would be the fact the the neck is set. Is there a specific way of taping it so no paint gets on the neck? Like most hollowbody electric guitars, I will NOT be using a solid color. Just wanted to know if it's a tedious task or if I should just get a bolt on. Here's a pic. I'd prefer setneck for maximum tones bro.
Last edited by Wontons at Nov 18, 2013,
like this!

Be careful not to use too much paint as it will make the wood resonate slightly differently.

And yes - tape off the neck, or just use soluable paint (be careful of getting it deep in the grain of the wood)

Nitro-cellulose varnish is regarded as industry standard as it is a bit more hardy than other types and it's crystal clear) - anything you're not happy with on the paint that appear under normal light you can x5 for under varnish.
Quote by J_W
There is paint all over your fretboard.

Yeah, this. Not sure what you did there, but you definitely didn't tape off the fretboard.
Guitars:
ESP Eclipse II w/ SD Black Winters
Ibanez S540 w/ DiMarzios
Ibanez RG370DX w/ EMG 81/60
Ibanez RG7321 w/ DiMarzios
Pedals:
Fulltone FB-3
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Amps:
Peavey 6505+
It serves as a pretty good example of what not to do.