devinp17
Registered User
Join date: Oct 2013
166 IQ
#1
Hey guys. Does anyone know what the price of Guns N' Roses concert tickets were in 1988 or '92 or something?? And what would the prices be for like front row or something close to the front? I want to know cause I'm thinking of going to a GN'R reunion concert (If it actually happens. I'll also probably have quite a bit of time to save up $$$$) and I want to know around how much we're talking for a spot close to the front. I'm guessing the tickets will be a hundred (or 2, who knows) more than they were back in the day. Anyone have an idea of what they might cost? I'm 13 and I never got to see the original band (I've never seen the new band either... not interested). Thanks for the help
GaryBillington
Last of a Dyin' Breed
Join date: Nov 2001
1,310 IQ
#2
Never going to happen, so if you want to save your money do it for something else.
.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H

My SoundCloud
devinp17
Registered User
Join date: Oct 2013
166 IQ
#3
Quote by GaryBillington
Never going to happen, so if you want to save your money do it for something else.


Seriously? 'Cause I think it's pretty possible... Maybe in like 5 or 7 years but still possible. Steven wants to do it, Duff does too, Slash seems pretty neutral about it, and they just have to somehow find Izzy and get ahold of him. So basically Axl is the only major problem. He could very easily change his mind about something like this.
xxxxChrisTxxxx
Tab Contributor
Join date: Apr 2012
6,801 IQ
#4
When I saw them at rock city (nottm,uk) in '87 tickets were £5 (bit of a bargain especially with faster pussycat support).
But as above, reunion is never going to happen.
Iommianity
Registered User
Join date: Jan 2011
1,919 IQ
#5
If it's going to happen, it's not any more likely now than it was 5, 10, 15 years ago. If they did, you'd probably have outgrown them by then like most people do.
devinp17
Registered User
Join date: Oct 2013
166 IQ
#6
Quote by xxxxChrisTxxxx
When I saw them at rock city (nottm,uk) in '87 tickets were £5 (bit of a bargain especially with faster pussycat support).
But as above, reunion is never going to happen.


That could be very true, but I'm still hoping that it will happen. There's probably like a 95% chance that it won't, but don't forget about that 5% LOL
MoJo-EaTeR
Registered User
Join date: Nov 2010
247 IQ
#7
If they did an original line up reunion tour, prices would be ridiculous. Prices wouldn't even be comparable. But that won't happen. Axl is Axl, and nothing is going to change that.
AJScott
Registered User
Join date: Nov 2010
1,383 IQ
#8
Quote by devinp17
So basically Axl is the only major problem. He could very easily change his mind about something like this.


Son, you need to do some research haha. The reunion is never going to happen.

You'd be talking hundreds btw.
GaryBillington
Last of a Dyin' Breed
Join date: Nov 2001
1,310 IQ
#9
Quote by devinp17
Seriously? 'Cause I think it's pretty possible... Maybe in like 5 or 7 years but still possible. Steven wants to do it, Duff does too, Slash seems pretty neutral about it, and they just have to somehow find Izzy and get ahold of him. So basically Axl is the only major problem. He could very easily change his mind about something like this.

As far as Axl is concerned, there will never be a reunion tour because they've never split up.

Everyone else (except Adler) has moved on, including those of us who were fans of them in the 80s.
.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H

My SoundCloud
devinp17
Registered User
Join date: Oct 2013
166 IQ
#10
Quote by AJScott
Son, you need to do some research haha. The reunion is never going to happen.

You'd be talking hundreds btw.


Yeah I know... I'd be willing to pay quite a bit
devinp17
Registered User
Join date: Oct 2013
166 IQ
#12
Thanks for the help everyone! I appreciate it
CJGunner7
Registered User
Join date: Mar 2013
662 IQ
#13
It won't happen, they all have they're thing going, it was an amazing band but you don't want to ruin it and they won't either, it'll never happen, save it for something else
"Music Without Emotion Is Like Food Without Flavour"
Paul Gilbert
victoriagnr
Registered User
Join date: Apr 2010
75 IQ
#14
Honestly, even if it DID happen, they would probably be complete shit. Wouldn't have the same chemistry as they did in the late 80s or early 90s. Tickets would be crazy expensive, and would it even be worth it?
Backtrackin'
Registered Guitar Addict
Join date: Jan 2014
133 IQ
#15
I saw them in 1992 on the 'Use your Illusion' Tour at Gateshead stadium. It was £15 for a ticket and they were supported by Soundgarden and Faith No More !
Best outdoor gig I ever saw and Guns 'n Roses were about as good as they were ever going to get by '92.
I can't help agree with those here who have said it SHOULDN'T happen though.
Even back then, Axl was crap but he was backed by fantastic musicians so as a band they sounded fantastic. The Musicians have all developed and moved on and got more mature and much more refined. Axl just kept on being Axl all these years but now he's old and Fat as well as being not all that good.

You're not on your own wishing you hadn't missed an era. I was lucky enough to be 15 in 1987 when Guns n Roses and lots of other great bands were big however I've always felt the same as you do about my friend who is 25 years older than me who got to see Hendrix play live when he was a teenager. I wish I had got to see Led Zep play at the height of their career and countless others...

I guess what i'm saying is that there are some great bands around now that you should make whatever effort you can to see and in 20 years time, you will have the same kind of glowing memory I do from Gateshead in '92 when Guns 'n Roses played Paradise City and the whole stadium clapped along to the drums in the intro.

Unforgettable.