VíctorG
Tab Contributor
1,341 IQ
This is one of my first pieces, that I got back from my hard drive recently. Tell me what you think!

Edit 1: I took out the bridge part, tweaked the solo a little, and added some minor details.

Edit 2: Changed a chord on the choruses and the key of the solo and outro. Deleted blank space between the solo and the outro.

Edit 3: Changed first two bars of the solo to a more fitting lick, added bass line and tweaked drums.

Edit 4: Added vocals line and a last chorus.

Lyrics: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1631947
Attachments:
A Cut Into The Fear 3.gp5
Last edited by VíctorG at Jan 29, 2014,
-Flooow
Trivium fanboy
433 IQ
I somehow see a large Avenged Sevenfold influence, or at least in some parts it sounds like some stuff they could have written (bar 95 onwards sounds almost exactly like Chapter Four) .
I think the structure could have been a bit better and i'm not a huge fan of the dissonant sounding acoustic guitar but if you take the whole piece as a rough draft and rewrite and rearrange it, it could become quite good actually.
Last edited by -Flooow at Jan 13, 2014,
MobiuZ
1,119 IQ
ye lol that last part is almost an exact copy of chapter four ending.

i would suggest focusing more on creating your own style instead of copying other peoples style , wich will get you nowhere imo.

other than that a lot of your melodies are out of key , wich to me was kind of annoying , and the whole structure of the song wasnt really logical in a progressive way to me , but lyrics might make a difference here.

honestly the only part i liked was what i assume was the chorus at 23-30

it has potential but i think you like i said you focus on creating you own style imo.

can you crit unsung heroes for me ? its in my sig
VíctorG
Tab Contributor
1,341 IQ
It is true that Avenged Sevenfold are a huge part of my influences, but I think I have drifted away a little from that on recent works. I used to throw harmonies everywhere (good example here lol), but I'm trying to create my own style, I swear haha!

I'm thinking about taking out the dissonant acoustic thingy, and work on the structure and solo maybe.

I also agree that the chord progression on the outro is similar to Chapter Four, but I think that lyrics can make it different. Basically all chord progressions have been written anyway lol.

Thanks a lot for the comments!

On a side note: MobiuZ, I can't seem to open .gpx files, is there any other way I can listen to your song?
Last edited by VíctorG at Jan 13, 2014,
MobiuZ
1,119 IQ
Quote by VíctorG
It is true that Avenged Sevenfold are a huge part of my influences, but I think I have drifted away a little from that on recent works. I used to throw harmonies everywhere (good example here lol), but I'm trying to create my own style, I swear haha!

I'm thinking about taking out the dissonant acoustic thingy, and work on the structure and solo maybe.

I also agree that the chord progression on the outro is similar to Chapter Four, but I think that lyrics can make it different. Basically all chord progressions have been written anyway lol.

Thanks a lot for the comments!

On a side note: MobiuZ, I can't seem to open .gpx files, is there any other way I can listen to your song?

yes there is a link to my soundcloud in the thread u can listen to that if u want

cheers