Page 1 of 2
If I was woken up in the middle of the night by burglars, I'd reach for my Ibanez Destroyer.

It's well-weighted to use as a two-handed melee weapon and a club to the head with one of the jagged angles would do some serious damage.

Plus the headstock is pointy so I could charge at them using it as a bayonet and skewer three of them at once.

I've really thought this out.

What guitar would you use?
Whichever is most convenient.
Probably my 7-string.
Cuz it's heavy.

Get it?

Voted UG User of the Year 2015 & 2016
I'd fight them off with playing smoke on the water till they get sick of it and leave.
Probably a telecaster.

Seems like the usual guitar you use to beat somebody.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Probably my bass. It is fairly heavy and has a fairly pointy headstock, although it isn't in my room at the moment. I have an eskrima baton in my room though, so that would probably be more effective.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
My aussie les paul copy that weighs a stone
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
If I absolutely had to use a guitar, it would probably be the first time I'd rue selling my old BC Rich 7 String Warlock.
My Epiphone Prophecy. It weighs as much as a bulimic teenager doesn't.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care

This, probably. The more spikes and curves a weapon has, more powerful it is, that's a fact.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
My defense is not having burglars come into my house.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I'd just hide with the string, and wait until they walk by. Then strangle them until they pass out, use the string to tie their hands and feet, call 911, and await police arrival.

Though it's probably easier just to grab the rifle that is hanging next to my guitars....
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
I'd take two of my best guitars and remove the necks. Then, I would cut the necks in half and drill a hole into the top of each one. I would then take a low B string for one of my basses and string it through both holes and tie it together.

This would leave me with something like a guitar-nunchaku prototype that I would use against the attackers/burglars.

Of course, this would take an exorbitant amount of time, and when finished I wouldn't have anything worth taking.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
My Colt Oficer's ACP 1911 or Kahr MK9 or a Katana. I don't have any guitars in my bedroom, they're all in my man cave.
Remington 870. If I want louder my Les Paul.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
My Epiphone Prophecy. It weighs as much as a bulimic teenager doesn't.

That's the best simile I've ever read.
Quote by supersac
i have 3 crowbars in my vicinity and a katana
ill be alright

If you're the kind of guy who has a katana you're precisely the kind of guy that wouldn't be alright
I have a metal hammer in my wardrobe at the foot of the bed - I'd probably choose that, over a guitar, tbh. Oh, and some deodorant spray as a long range weapon… y'know, to gas them out with a little

I'm not sure how or why somebody would get into the building, and then go upstairs to another floor and purposefully choose our apartment to break into though
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
I have a metal hammer in my wardrobe at the foot of the bed - I'd probably choose that, over a guitar, tbh. Oh, and some deodorant spray as a long range weapon…
Your favourite Axe in a suitcase on the left by the bed?
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Quote by Guodlca
Your favourite Axe in a suitcase on the left by the bed?

Not sure if punny joke about deodorant (Axe is called Lynx over here )…

Only guitar I'd even consider hitting somebody with is my Epi LP Classic QT, as my LAG's are far too nice and valuable to risk damaging.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by willT08
If you're the kind of guy who has a katana you're precisely the kind of guy that wouldn't be alright

my freind left it to me when he passed
but in all seriousness i have enough tools lying around me that anyone trying to rob me would probably trip and fall on a hammer or something
If I broke my guitar in the act of hitting them it would probably cost them more then if they stole anything else. My guitars are the most expensive small item I have in my house.
A guitar is a horrible defense weapon. Unbalanced, awkward to hold and heavy. It's basically a really shitty baseball bat.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Preemptive strike in the burglar's home.

With fire.

Seriously, a hammer.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Last edited by Good_Lord at Jan 20, 2014,
My Mustang would be ideal as she's pretty light and I could get a good swing at the bastard, however I wouldn't want to damage her so I'd probably use my Strat.
If somebody broke into my house, I'd rather use a gun. It'd be more efficient when it gets down to it.

Hell of a lot quicker too.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Last edited by Mister A.J. at Jan 20, 2014,
Me and my brother made a spear that we keep in our closet. We super glued and duck tapped a butcher knife to a wooden pole. I'd grab that and attack the person. Not going to ruin my guitar over this.
Page 1 of 2