UKMaster
Wales is best
2,453 IQ
Hi guys,

I know I have made a lot of threads lately and I apologize, but I just wanted to check something quickly... what is the cheapest brands of guitar here in the UK?

I ask because I get recommendations off people of guitars that are cheap in the USA but are much more expensive here in Britain, such as the Taylor guitars. I know they are USA guitars, so obviously would be cheaper, but in some cases a guitar would cost about $400 (£240) and then here it would be about £420!

So, what are the best priced acoustics here in the UK? Reasonably priced guitars? Whatever you want to call it!

Thanks a lot
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
UKMaster
Wales is best
2,453 IQ
Ye I was just looking and Faith and the Naked series seems like a great Budget guitar with all solid body and they seem like a good company
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
Garthman
32 IQ
Yeah. Our US cousins pay much less for USA-made guitars than we do - it's something you have to live with (VAT, shipping etc). But the answer is - don't buy a US made guitar.

Years ago when I started playing there was not much choice around - you either coughed up megabucks to buy a US-made guitar like a Gibson or Martin (which few people could afford) or you went for a cheaper European-made guitar like an Eko or Hohner (my first steel string was an Eko Ranger VI which I still play regularly although it does not compare with some of the brands I've listed below).

Nowadays there is a plethora of excellent guitars available to us from PacRim countries that are equal in quality to US brands but at much cheaper prices. Look at: Crafter, Cort, LAG, Recording King, Yamaha, Tanglewood, Vintage, Faith, Indie, etc - all great guitars that compare very well in all aspects to USA / Canadian guitars and which, spec for spec, will be between 1/3 and 1/2 cheaper. It's very hard to go wrong.
Last edited by Garthman at Jan 24, 2014,
UKMaster
Wales is best
2,453 IQ
Ye I tried a tanglewood TW170 and it sounded pretty nice and was pretty cheap. O am interested in the crafter T035 as it is very cheap and apparently pretty good
Garthman
32 IQ
Quote by UKMaster
Ye I tried a tanglewood TW170 and it sounded pretty nice and was pretty cheap. O am interested in the crafter T035 as it is very cheap and apparently pretty good

IMHO the Crafter T035 is probably one of the best value-for-money guitar on the market.

His is a vid showing our old friend "frets99" demoing his:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHUwedWahkU
UKMaster
Wales is best
2,453 IQ
Ye I've watched that video about 3 times hahaha seems the only good real demo for the crafter!
GaryBillington
Last of a Dyin' Breed
1,310 IQ
I've had my Crafter JE18 for a good 10 years now, played loads of gigs with it & its still going strong. Couldn't have asked for a better guitar, and I only paid about £200-250ish (can't remember exact amount) for it.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H

My SoundCloud
UKMaster
Wales is best
2,453 IQ
They must be pretty good I haven't heard a bad thing about any of their models. I will have to try one out
Garthman
32 IQ
Quote by GaryBillington
I've had my Crafter JE18 for a good 10 years now, played loads of gigs with it & its still going strong. Couldn't have asked for a better guitar, and I only paid about £200-250ish (can't remember exact amount) for it.

Yes ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

My Crafter TD06 is coming up to 10 years old too. I think I paid around £300 for it back then and it's probably the best £300 I've ever spent.
Last edited by Garthman at Jan 25, 2014,