ENISA
474 IQ
Hey guys so i just got an email from guitar center telling me that the used boss tu-2 tuner i ordered was already sold in store and i dont not see another one for a good price. I did a little more research to find the the korg pitchblack and the korg pitchblack plus are nice tuners. i am currently seeing a korg pitchblack plus (the bigger one that can like power your other pedals) on guitar center for 50 bucks. what do you guys think?
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar
1,110 IQ
I had one for a while. I loved it. I gave it to my brother and he still uses it.

Edit: I missed the "plus" version when I read your question. I have no experience with that one.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Last edited by R45VT at Jan 25, 2014,
ENISA
474 IQ
Its a little bit bigger and i guess its able to power your pedals. i dont have any experience with powering pedals with 1 unit do you think it would work good in that area?
Robbgnarly
Tab Contributor
1,177 IQ
Korg makes great tuners
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Reinima
94 IQ
TC Electronics Polytune. You can tune all strings at once (polyphonic tuner) and use it to power other pedals with it AND its display is intelligent enough to become brighter when hit by direct sunlight which is AWESOME when you're playing outside gigs.
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
Loving my Pitchblack. Do it.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
ikey_
4,739 IQ
great stuff.

i love my GFS tuner pedal. HUGE screen, accurate, 4 bucks. been going 2+ years strong. i would buy again.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
Quote by Reinima
TC Electronics Polytune. You can tune all strings at once (polyphonic tuner) and use it to power other pedals with it AND its display is intelligent enough to become brighter when hit by direct sunlight which is AWESOME when you're playing outside gigs.

It IS a nice piece of kit. The only downside to TC Electronics stuff AFAIK is that they're developing a reputation for bad customer service. But I'd expect a tuner to be the very definition of bulletproof, dependable operation, so that shouldn't be an issue.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
mmjohn
Call me John
1,604 IQ
Owed a pitch black and a tc polytune... The poly is a bit quicker. But both are solid pieces.
473 IQ
The pitchblack is more basic, but I use it and love it. Can't go wrong for 50 bucks
dspellman
1,110 IQ
Almost anything works. These days I've got four or five apps on my iPhone that have tuners, including a TC Polytune app that's occasionally free (and was when I got it). I've got them on the Pods as well. Tuners EVERYwhere.
Robbgnarly
Tab Contributor
1,177 IQ
I will have to say the Snark Mini clip on tuner is great and then you don't have to use a pedal space on your board.

I have an old Ibanez LU20 it works great but I need another one because the input is getting finicky. I should have bought the ModTone for $29 last month at MF
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
lucky1978
Blues Kazooist
920 IQ
Not sure if its what you need but there's a free app called "pano tuner" that works amazingly well.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
ENISA
474 IQ
Do you guys with pitchblacks of the normal ones or the pitchblack + ones?