Stewie,
I don't listen to loads of folk music, but that (everything) was well done! The lead guitar was a pleasant surprise. Don't have any suggestions as how to sound better....wait.....though it sounds like it is distorting a bit at the end with a lot playing at once. Good job! Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1647802
Stewie,

I do listen to loads of folk music! This is definitely my kind of thing. Great arpeggios on the intro, and the subsequent melody is very good. So very listenable all the way through.

My only criticism is I feel there's a little too much compression on the vocals.

More!
Quote by Jehannum
Stewie,

I do listen to loads of folk music! This is definitely my kind of thing. Great arpeggios on the intro, and the subsequent melody is very good. So very listenable all the way through.

My only criticism is I feel there's a little too much compression on the vocals.

More!

Wow thank you

Yeah, I tend to have that problem with vocals in a lot of recordings I do. Not sure how to make it better.
It was my privilege
Quote by StewieSwan
Wow thank you

Yeah, I tend to have that problem with vocals in a lot of recordings I do. Not sure how to make it better.

Well do you add compression yourself during mixing? I know that without it, my vocals vary hugely in volume, but with too much compression you get a 'pasteurised' sound where there's no life in the vocals. So maybe just tweak the parameters a little.
Quote by Jehannum
Well do you add compression yourself during mixing? I know that without it, my vocals vary hugely in volume, but with too much compression you get a 'pasteurised' sound where there's no life in the vocals. So maybe just tweak the parameters a little.

I'm not sure what kind of compressor to use, though. I'm running Logic 9 as my daw, so any suggestions would be welcome.
It was my privilege