Thought I'd do a quick post on this, as I've just received this bass, but wanted to give some thoughts.

I'm primarily a Metal bassist and I felt that there was a lack of any flying V shapes among the big boys, so I did some searching and a few brands came up, one of which was Mensinger, who are the same builders as Maruszczyk (say that after a few beers) under a different name.

Which is great as you're still dealing with Adrian throughout the whole process, who is superb to deal with. I've got no qualms with him. However if you're going to email him, be prepared for some blunt sounding and short sentences, due to his English knowledge, but he was very good with communication and other than a slight barrier it was fine.

In terms of specs I went with:

Alder Body
Green Burst
Trapezoid inlays
Maple Finger board
set neck
Delano PVC 4 FE/M2
Custom U shaped neck profile
Reversed headstock

(I don't have any photo's outside of this one, so here you go)

After a Fed Eex mishap (these happen) I was meant to receive the bass yesterday, but I didn't and it came today. So I've only just picked it up.
But wow, it's everything that I asked for.

Including the little detail of the reverse headstock, I felt that the one the standard model has would have been a bit thrashy for what my band play, so I asked if I could get it reversed and more like a typical Jackson headstock and the response was "OK" Which I thought meant was for "OK I've acknowledged it" I forgot about it and got a nice suprise.

The Delano pickup has a Stingray type edge to it. Which is nice, it's got a bit of grind but it's still very musical and articulate through my CTM 100.
But I may swap it out for a Duncan SPB4. But I think I'll leave it in for now and give my ears time to adjust to it.

It plays great with it being super smooth with no sharp frets or any issues, set up great. It's a 32" scale, so it feels weird for now compared to my Precision basses, which are all 34" but it's not as big as a difference as I thought it would and I just need some time to adjust.

Wish I'd asked for Flats to be put on it, but I completely forgot and it has rounds, which are in fact are very nice. If a little clunky being used to rounds.

As it's my second bass from Public Peace, I'm very impressed. More so with this one as they've pulled off my dream bass. I'd use them again for sure and depending on how my band take this one, I'm thinking of getting another made.

It has to pass the gig and the rehearsal test, but I think it should with ease.
Gear:
Dean Micheal Schenker Standard (Korean)
Dean Chicago Flame
Dean Chicago Standard
Jackson Phobia

Jet City 22H

Player of Mensinger and Maruszczyk basses.
wow very nice

i've seen you mention them before, awesome you finally got one
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by Dave_Mc
wow very nice

i've seen you mention them before, awesome you finally got one

Been wanting one of these for a while, sold a few things to afford one.

I've got one of his other brands basses too and that is immense.
Gear:
Dean Chicago Flame
Dean Chicago Standard
Jackson Phobia

Jet City 22H

I've always wanted a flying V bass. Now I want your flying V bass. I don't mean to pry, but I'm not sure you mentioned a price, do you mind sharing?
Quote by SovietStar
I've always wanted a flying V bass. Now I want your flying V bass. I don't mean to pry, but I'm not sure you mentioned a price, do you mind sharing?

Sure!

Mine was 1.320,00 Euros. A bit less than the Kreator one on the website, but it was paid in two bits and was built within 15 weeks.
Which for a build of that nature wasn't too long. However mine was going to start at 1,200 but it eventually turned out to be this.

Would love a five string version of it.

https://www.public-peace.de/index.php/bass-guitars/mensingerbasses/speesy/4-string
Gear:
Dean Chicago Flame
Dean Chicago Standard
Jackson Phobia

Jet City 22H

Last edited by Fisheth24 at Dec 15, 2016,
Quote by Fisheth24
Been wanting one of these for a while, sold a few things to afford one.

I've got one of his other brands basses too and that is immense.

oh nice, do you have any pics of it as well?

are they made in poland?
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by Dave_Mc
oh nice, do you have any pics of it as well?

are they made in poland?

Not ones personally, but there's a few up on the website (Haven't got round to doing it yet!)
: http://www.mensingerguitars.com/mensinger/basy/speesy/item/speesy-4-greenburstkatalog

They are yeah,
Gear:
Dean Chicago Flame
Dean Chicago Standard
Jackson Phobia

Jet City 22H

oh i meant the other one of his brands' bass that you have

now i think of it you probably did a NBD for it
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

thanks

that one's awesome too. nice colour choices on both instruments
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Quote by Dave_Mc
thanks

that one's awesome too. nice colour choices on both instruments

Yeah, tempted to do another one later down the line with a different colour scheme.
Gear:
Dean Chicago Flame
Dean Chicago Standard
Jackson Phobia

Jet City 22H

Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Bass Flying V...yum! HNBD!
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587
*mods
Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
Quote by bjgrifter
Bass Flying V...yum! HNBD!

Thanks!
Gear:
Dean Chicago Flame
Dean Chicago Standard
Jackson Phobia

Jet City 22H

Just an update, passed the rehearsal test. I'm going to be gigging it in a few weeks.

I've also just ordered a five string version of this shaped bass.

Different finish and pickup config though.
Gear:
Dean Chicago Flame
Dean Chicago Standard
Jackson Phobia

Jet City 22H

Oh man. How long is that going to take? We're obviously going to need pics when you get it. Let me live vicariously through your basses.
Quote by SovietStar
Oh man. How long is that going to take? We're obviously going to need pics when you get it. Let me live vicariously through your basses.

15 weeks I think, just gigged with the bass last night. It was super and held up really well.

Gear:
Dean Chicago Flame
Dean Chicago Standard
Jackson Phobia

Jet City 22H

Last edited by Fisheth24 at Feb 25, 2017,
Quick update for this: I've used it for a few gigs now and it's held up to how I perform live, it's my go to bass for my Usurper stuff.  I've got another one of these coming very soon, which I'm hoping is no different quality wise.

It's absolutely insane how you can get custom made and handbuilt instruments from these guys for LESS than a USA Fender.

I'm gonna be a user of this company for life I think, we'll see though.
Gear:
Dean Chicago Flame
Dean Chicago Standard
Jackson Phobia

Jet City 22H

Yeah, I just saw Fender custom shop bass prices. I know it's a staple brand, but underwhelming options was putting it mildly. Fender and Gibson need to pay attention, or watch themselves stagnate. They're good brands, but I think they've slipped into a mentality that they can just slap their name on something and it will sell. In part, they are right, but long-term, they will need to adjust.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587
*mods
Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Quote by bjgrifter
Yeah, I just saw Fender custom shop bass prices. I know it's a staple brand, but underwhelming options was putting it mildly. Fender and Gibson need to pay attention, or watch themselves stagnate. They're good brands, but I think they've slipped into a mentality that they can just slap their name on something and it will sell. In part, they are right, but long-term, they will need to adjust.

For sure, with companies like Sandberg, Mayones, Public Peace and other options it's amazing what you can get for Fender USA money these days.
Gear:
Dean Chicago Flame
Dean Chicago Standard
Jackson Phobia

Jet City 22H

Hell, Agile/Rondo offers more options for half the cost and allows for more than 4-strings. You can drop serious cash on a Mayones and get a great product an more options. Fender wants $1500-1700 for a meager set of custom options. Why? What's the point?
Guitar/Bass:
*mods
Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Quote by bjgrifter

A brand doesn't need to be innovative (to be successful) if it has an endorsement roster with enough relevant artists in it.

I only took 1 artist to save Gibson from liquidation and make the brand more relevant in the industry, and pop culture in general than ever. But they didn't need to innovate anything about the Les Paul design whatsoever to get there.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
As long as people buy I guess.
I've worked retail for a long time, so my perspective is giving the customer what they want---when possible.

Of course, there's the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I certainly couldn't have named a brand outside of Fender or Gibson a couple of years ago. 
Guitar/Bass:
*mods
Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz