An idea: post a question each month and let you low end lot loose in the thread.  If you have a suggestion for future "questions" just PM me. 

This month's question is:

What song did you get the most satisfaction for finally learning all the way through?   It doesn't have to be a difficult song, perhaps it was the first song you ever learned.

Have fun!
It's a toss up for me. Either Schism, because Tool are the shit and so is the song, plus it was the best song I had learnt at time, or the second disc of Six Degrees of Inner Turbulance. Pain in the arse without a six string, but it was more the musical memory aspect of it. I still play it through every few months just to test myself.
Mine was Bernadette by the Four Tops.  Individual parts weren't hard per se but getting the whole flow of Jamerson's line down at the proper speed was a challenge. 

Its still one of those basslines that when I hear it, I get goosebumps.  I would have never thought to play that under that melody, but its so right for the song. 
Hard to remember something that long ago.
But probably Something For Nothing by Rush.

Oops, wrong sub-forum.
Sorry
Last edited by CodeMonk at Mar 17, 2017,
"With a Little Help from my Friends" by the Beatles.  It was one of the first songs I tried to learn when I started the bass.  I figured it would be an easy bass line, and was quite surprised by how complicated it was.  It helped me appreciate the bass a great deal.  I never played it in a band, though.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I'm not there yet, but Pardon Me by Incubus is on the top of the list. It's also correctly played on a 5-string anyway.
Mudshovel by Staind is also on the short list. I thought a pick might help, but not really. I may pick up some thicker picks to see if my opinion changes, but for now, I'll just use my fingers.

One of those two will be my first. 
Guitars:
Squire Bullet Strat, Schecter Damien 6, Washburn WG-587 & RX10, Schecter Stiletto Extreme 5
Amp/Effects:
Peavy Vypyr 30, ISP Decimator, Peavy Max 112

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
Probably Beer by Reel Big Fish, not really sure why.

And, no joke, the King of the Hill theme song.  Its just fun to play.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Hey, Reel Big Fish is awesome. Skatanic, anyone?
Guitars:
Squire Bullet Strat, Schecter Damien 6, Washburn WG-587 & RX10, Schecter Stiletto Extreme 5
Amp/Effects:

Quote by dannyalcatraz
I tried learning Dani California as soon as I got a bass, when even playing the octave notes was tricky for me, so all the riffing around was impossible. It kind of served as a benchmark of my progress, so when I finally could play it, I felt like a god.
Quote by bjgrifter
Hey, Reel Big Fish is awesome. Skatanic, anyone?

Oh, I know they're awesome.  I just don't have an explanation as to why Beer was so satisfying to learn.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
Oh, I know they're awesome.  I just don't have an explanation as to why Beer was so satisfying to learn.

Because bassists are alcoholics and the song is named Beer? 
Guitars:
Amp/Effects:

Quote by dannyalcatraz