The top is still flame maple cap under there, the cap is showing around the edge, looks sweet. I love the pups, 85-15s, the single coil setting is very quiet. I always love the wood finish on PRS, but this one was cheaper (maybe it was on sale as most want the wood grain) but I love the clean look and how it reflects the light. I've only tried it with My PODHD500X so far, later today I'll try some gain with my 6505+ and see how that goes.

As you can imagine, the finish and build is flawless. All in all, very happy, costs lots of money but I'll have it for the rest of my life (I hope), so I justify it's price. Hope to get better pics later

Last edited by Tempoe at Mar 18, 2017,
Awesome.

Can you go into a bit more depth than that? How is the neck profile? Can you go into more detail how the pickups sound? How is the tuning stability of the bridge?

I look forward to more pics.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
The neck is the Pattern Thin on mine. 25" scale, so between strat and les paul, pretty comfortable for most players, but a noticeably different neck than my Prestige. (also avail is Pattern Standard neck on the CU24) So far the tuning seems very stable, the trem uses 6 knife edges (one on each screw), pulling up it stops 1 semi, I think that can be adj somehow, yet to see if it stays as well as my FR. Locking tuners, composite non locking nut, less angle from string after nut than most guitars, hopefully it's long lasting stability! Tone is very nice, clear, warm, many variations with the 5 way switch. H neck-H/S- H/H- S/S- H neck. The vol knob moves very smoooth with no effort, bit strange also to get used to for me, easy reach, great for swells.

It plays amazing, but I have only had it a few hours, so I'll get back with more pics and review when I stop playing it...could be a while!
Last edited by Tempoe at Mar 17, 2017,
Happy NGD!  That's a sweet looking PRS (I don't say that often about PRS's).  

I much prefer their solid colors over their over done figured tops.  More pics would be nice, especially the binding like flamed cap showing through the side. Stuff like that is pretty sweet.     
thanks, yeah it's dark now so I'll do more pics tomorrow. Been playing it all afternoon! The guitar is surpassing my expectations, I'm surprised by how well the trem works. Some abuse like I do with my FR, and perfect tune all thru the last 2 hrs. The sustain is great, with gain it goes on forever.

Not many negatives but have to get used to some things like:
Seems to get feedback slightly earlier than my EVOs, all the H settings,
The second setting (bridgeH neck S in parallel) gives a lot of hum, the other 4 pos very quiet
I don't like where the 5 way switch is, you have to jump over the bar with your hand or go around the back, pretty far, I'll get used to it, as the tone knob too, fine when the bar isn't in, but I keep it in.

But it feels. sounds and looks great so I can't really complain!
Looks nice. HNGD!
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
beautiful! Tempoe

holy crap they offer champagne gold metallic and a few other solid colors! i think that's cool, but yeah, most prs buyers want to see the wood.

i love it.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Mar 18, 2017,
Thanks everyone!
Some more pics.. yeah Gregs1020, it's a 2016, I think you are right about they don't offer any solids in this model. I'd imagine that after the top is formed, if they see anything they don't like, maybe the grain didn't match nice or whatever, they could just paint it solid and sell it a bit cheaper if they have to. So I guess it's a rare one hopefully! Anyways, I love it

FTFY.

Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Wow very nice.

I really like the flamey ones, but that's a really cool solid colour- might make me reappraise my tastes
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by Tempoe
Thanks everyone!
Some more pics.. yeah Gregs1020, it's a 2016, I think you are right about they don't offer any solids in this model. I'd imagine that after the top is formed, if they see anything they don't like, maybe the grain didn't match nice or whatever, they could just paint it solid and sell it a bit cheaper if they have to. So I guess it's a rare one hopefully! Anyways, I love it

i had posted about how they didn't offer solids, then checked the site and saw they now do. so i changed my post. i like the solid colors on PRS guitars, it shows off the nice top carve they have. (big g should pay attention to that)

but yeah, when they saw a guitar with a finish flaw or something funky going on in the finish/wood, they'd pick an oddball solid color to re-paint the guitar. we saw a row of them hanging in the factory when we did the tour. i thought that may be the case with yours. if they didn't offer Champagne gold mist in 2016 then maybe they were testing out some colors on a re-paint, and decided they liked it enough to use it in 2017. who knows? but that's just a cool custom 24 in my book.

i remember this being the one they were telling us about when they said that. how cool would this HB be?

That's cool you did a tour of the factory, I saw a good vid, would be so fun to work there!

Yeah, I didn't know they had the solids in 2017 either until you told me, they look nice, just checked the site too. I never saw any solid 24s online for 2016, they had every color of stain though, so you're probably right.

I'll treat it as a custom then! As you said, the solids really show the contours off and are great looking, but on the other side it's really a shame to cover up that gorgeous wood if it has no flaws, I guess now they paint the ones that aren't outstanding looking. They probably get quite a few requests for solid customs and decided to offer some in their line now.

Be interesting to see how they do with sales on them this year compared to the wood finish.
i was surprised to see solid colors. the only solid color custom 24 i've seen prior to yours and what they're doing now were the Experience 2007 or 2008 guitars. we had a Champagne Mist, Calypso Green, and Raging Ruby at the shop. they did hang around longer than most PRS's, probably because of the painted top.

but truth be told, i've seen some fugly top's PRS's that could have used a coat of solid color. :
if i find a solid black korina mccarty with trem, i'm gonna have a problem.
Beautiful, hope it serves you well dude. HNGD
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.