The title is pretty much self explanatory.
I want to buy a new guitar and I have found three I'm interested in, an old Ibanez Roadstar II RG 420(pic below), a Razorback Bumblebee Firefly and a Black Bolt ML.

I want a guitar for a heavier sound (Pantera, Rage, Judas Priest, Slayer) so one of the Dean ones seems like it'd be better(plus it looks really fucking cool) but I heard the Ibanez one is surprisingly good for it's price.
They're all close in price, so I'm not sure which to get. 
I own 2 Deans and love them, but I'd bet that Ibanez is better made than those Deans.

Also, consider Fernandes.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Those Ibanez guitars from the early to mid 80s are hard to beat. If you had the chance, I'd say try out all three before settling on a decision. IMO, the newer import Deans aren't that great, and even the vintage USA Deans never did it for me. I'd just go with the Ibanez and throw in a L500XL, like Dime. 
In my experience the cheaper priced Deans are absolute garbage, especially the Dimebag models. They're not as nicely specced as other brands in the same price range, are cheaply constructed and very overpriced. The Deans you're looking at also have cheap Floyds which sap sustain, the threaded holes in all the components strip easily, and they do not have the tuning stability of the higher quality bridges. A Floyd that has mediocre tuning stability is not a Floyd worth having imo. You're better off sticking with a fixed bridge until you can expand your budget for a Floyd that is up to snuff. Especially when you intend to do all those silly Dimebag horse noises with the trem.

You are far, far better off with the Ibanez Roadstar if it's in good condition.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I  own 4 Dimebag models , 2 Jackson, 2 Ibanez... I still have the Dime models and Jacksons   . Getcha Pull ... those 2 Deans are on the cheaper side... if you could save a bit more... or buy used I recommend the Razorback V Standard or 255 models the ML's  you can find better quality than the Firefly and Black Bolt used for about the same price if you're willing to shop around Reverb, eBay, Guitar Center Online. 

Also if you join those Dean Guitar facebook groups , people are buying, selling, trading guitars all the time and you can get a better feel of what's, what and worth/value ... Dean makes great guitars... but if you buy and entry level guitar, you got an entry level guitar... and it's like that for every company. 
My newest addition,
2007 Dean Cadi-KILL (Cannibal Corpse) Rob Barrett Signature model to see more of my gear visit my profile.
Last edited by Ikillintel at Mar 19, 2017,
I would never buy a dean. Especially not a cheap one.

If you must have an ML style, pick up a washburn dime 333.I had one and it was much better than any dean ML that was made.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I had looked into other guitars like Fernandez and Washburn before, but I live in a third world country, not in the united states, so it's either shady deals where you hope to at least get some kind of guitar instead of a box of bricks in the mail, or trusthworthy but expensive online stores. The Dean ones were in a trusthworthy site, but they were cheap enough, I guess I know why now though. 
The Ibanez I found in a small guitar store, the owner wanted some quick cash and was selling it for cheap. It's in pretty good condition, albeit a bit dirty. I guess I'll buy that one then, thanks for the help guys. 
Just bought it a few hours ago. Honestly, I'm really fucking happy with it.
The tremolo was a bit less than what I was expecting, but it still allowed for some real metal squeals, and the body, while not a ML, fits with the awesome fucking headstock. I only own a shitty Behringer strat that came in a 100 dollars guitar+amp combo, so I might not have much to compare it to, but the pick ups sound really fucking cool and distinct, plus it's a fucking double coil, so turning it on only makes it sound better. 
Another thing I was worried, other than the body not being what I wanted, was that I wasn't sure if it came with a case, but turns it it came with the original case, tools and the fucking manuals even, so, yeah, this was a really fucking nice deal, thanks again guys.
(Also, sorry for the fuckhuge picture, I couldn't figure out how to resize it, if you even can)
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Yamifag  You'll get better squeals when you adjust that tremolo properly... looks like the ass is in the air... and more likely than not they didn't leave any slack in the strings when they put em on and tuned it up... you've got a fine instrument there, take care of it get a proper setup and you'll be happy for many yrs to come. \m/ 

Edit** never mind, I think it just the angle the image was taken it man. Looks great! HNGD! 
My newest addition,
2007 Dean Cadi-KILL (Cannibal Corpse) Rob Barrett Signature model to see more of my gear visit my profile.
Last edited by Ikillintel at Mar 21, 2017,
Yamifag Congrats, but watch that fucking potty mouth of yours, boy.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Ha-ha .... yeah you fucking fuckface potty mouth fuck... .  .  motherfucker... shit
My newest addition,
Quote by Ikillintel
  Yamifag  You'll get better squeals when you adjust that tremolo properly... looks like the ass is in the air... and more likely than not they didn't leave any slack in the strings when they put em on and tuned it up... you've got a fine instrument there, take care of it get a proper setup and you'll be happy for many yrs to come. \m/

Edit** never mind, I think it just the angle the image was taken it man. Looks great! HNGD! 

It is a bit too high, but I like it like that, just low enough to get the 6th string to flop, high enough to sound like a floating bridge. 
Quote by KilowattBandit
Nice deal! It looks like the finish didn't age too well, though.

That's because of the lightning and my shit camera, it's actually a really strong yolk-yellow color that'd normally look disgusting on anything but looks surprisingly good on this guitar. It is really fucking dirty though, I guess I'll try using the old warm water and rag cleaning next time I change my strings. 
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Yamifag Congrats, but watch that fucking potty mouth of yours, boy.

Shit, sorry. Got a bit too excited. 
Just finished cleaning it up. I had to dye a few rags rust-brown and change a couple screws, but I managed to clean everything short of a few holes in the paint with water, alcohol and Ernie Ball polish. 

Also, it's kind of hard to see, but beneath all those fucking layers of dust and rust, there's this cool shiny effect where the paint reflects the light under the overcoat. It's hard to see in the camera, but it really appears if you look at it.