Poll: Who should be graced with victory?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who should be graced with victory?
ROC8995
6 22%
TINOEL
1 4%
EVENIING CROW
18 67%
K33NBL4DE
2 7%
Voters: 27.
The Battle of the Boards contest is sponsored by n-Track, V-Picks and Pro Co Rat.

Each category winner will receive a digital copy of n-Track's flagship software n-Track Studio 8 EX

a Starter Kit sampler of picks from V-Picks

Grand prize "Best of All Boards" will be provided by Pro Co RAT

Due to shipping constraints, V-Picks and Grand prize will be available only to the Continental US. In case of first place winners being outside of the US, runners up will be chosen.

ROC8995

TINOEL -

EVENING CROW

K33NBL4DE
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!*** NEW NEW NEW!
2017/03/25 Nitrocellulose -vs- Polyester Finishes (Saturday 2017-03-25)
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
trashedlostfdup
I wish to point out that with 11 pedals on there I should be in the medium category, where my board would look less depressing

(And given that there's prizes this time around I'd like to be in the right category so as to have a genuine chance, if it's not already too late for that)
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Apr 18, 2017,
This one's a bit of a one-horse race tbh.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Thanks for the votes guys!  If you guys are curious on what's in it:

TOP ROW (L to R)
Lovepedal Vibronaut
Blackout Effectors Whetstone
Wampler Nirvana
Earthquaker Devices Tentacle
Pigtronix Class A Boost
Pigtronix Philosopher's Rock
Decimator G String
Planet Waves Tru-Strobe Tuner
Empress Buffer+

MIDDLE ROW (L to R)
Ibanez Airplane Flanger
Wampler Euphoria
Dr Scientist The Elements
Wampler Velvet Fuzz
Black Arts Pharaoh
Electro Harmonix Superego
Earthquaker Devices Organizer
Earthquaker Devices Bit Commander

BOTTOM ROW (L to R)
TC Electronic Ditto X2
Hardwire Supernatural Verb
TC Electronic Flashback X4
Strymon El Capistan
Diamond Quantum Leap
Catalinbread Semaphore Tap Tempo

FLOOR (L to R)
Pigtronix Dual Expression Pedal
Custom Audio Electronics MC404 Dual Inductor Wah
Ernie Ball VP JR
DigiTech Whammy IV

UNDER BOARD
Custom Audio Electronics MC403 Power System
MXR MC237 DC Brick
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Apr 19, 2017,
Now the pics work. Don't know if it was Firefox update or something else...

K33nbl4d3 I feel ya.. I regret adding the Ditto now seeing the others
Roc8995 What is that colorful small effect on the first row?
evening_crow Nice collection! What's your favourite(s)?
If I had to choose two I'd keep Echorec and Pharaoh.

Here's my signal path:  
Guitar --->
Boss GE-7 (equalizer) -> 
EHX Small Clone (chorus) -> 
EHX Small Stone (phaser)  -> 
Boss SD-1 (overdrive) -> 
Boss BD-2 (overdrive) -> 
Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh (fuzz) ->  
Proco Solo (distortion) -> 
Catalinbread Echorec (delay) -> 
Danelectro Cool Cat (chorus)  -> 
DOD FX-75B (flanger) -> 
Boss DD-5 (delay) -> 
TC Electronic Ditto Looper ---> 
Peavey Classic 50
..all powered by 1Spot 9V
Music is the way.
timoel

Thanks man! I've always wanted to try the Echorec but the lack of tap tempo is the only thing that's held me back from doing so. The Pharaoh is definitely an awesome pedal. Do you have a different led on yours? Mine's the green one and I swear that thing's bright enough to be seen from space.

My first pick is definitely the Whetstone. It's the smoothest phaser I've ever heard and can be set to insanely slow haunting speeds. They also have the Sibling which sounds very close to it for a more reasonable price but less controls. The Organizer can get some pretty cool sounds on clean and the Quantum Leap can be set to really murky background repeats that work like an underlying pad. I've still got a couple more that couldn't make it on the board and a list of future purchases too haha!

Quote by timoel
K33nbl4d3 I feel ya.. I regret adding the Ditto now seeing the others
Yeah I mean I wouldn't've minded if I'd included my Polytune but having counted several times I definitely have 11 pedals on there and I reckon I would've actually stood a chance in the medium category so I'm kind of not best pleased
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
I like all the boards, but someone brought a bazooka to the gunfight!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
^Yeah, it's got as many pedals as the next two largest boards put together, and more than all the "Small Board" entries combined  

My board path goes: 

-EB Volume (not pictured)
-Crybaby Wah (not pictured)
-Turbo Tuner ST200
-Zvex Fat Fuzz Factory
-Suhr Koji compressor
-EHX Pitchfork in a bypass looper (the colorful 'rings of Saturn' mini pedal)
-Lovepedal Vibronaut
-Zvex Ooh Wah
-Skreddy Lunar Module
-Infanem Small Echo Array
-Digitech Obscura
-Empress ParaEQ 
-Suhr Jackrabbit tremolo
-Suhr buffer/iso splitter
From here the signal is split, one half goes out to one amp, the other signal goes:
-Catalinbread Echorec
-Catalinbread Talisman
-TC Ditto X2
Out to the second amp. 
Roc8995

Two amp setup? Nice!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Roc8995

How do you like the Vibronaut? I've gotta admit, you've got an awesome selection on your board. There's not a pedal I don't like in it.

So many fine pedals on display!

But I wonder what each owner is DOING with all that technological firepower? I mean, I doubt any of those boards are being used for electric folk...

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Roc8995

Two amp setup?  Nice!

I like running the second amp super clean as the "reverb machine" for some separation and dimension without messing with the main amp, especially with distortion. It's not wet/dry but the idea is similar, maybe wet/damp. First amp is a Bogner Shiva and the second is an old Polytone. With the split where it is I can plug into just one amp and have the same board which is occasionally handy. 

Quote by evening_crow
Roc8995

How do you like the Vibronaut? I've gotta admit, you've got an awesome selection on your board. There's not a pedal I don't like in it. 

It's useful, I don't usually get along with chorus/phaser/flanger type modulation, so a photocell with a really slow minimum speed and a smooth ramp fits the bill when I need swirl. I have been told the internal trimpots are the key to dialing it in, but I haven't gotten around to tweaking them yet. 

How does the Organizer stack up against the EHX POG/HOG/B9 pedals? I had a big box POG years and years ago but it was too large and impractical just to use for organ sounds. 
Quote by Roc8995
...How does the Organizer stack up against the EHX POG/HOG/B9 pedals? I had a big box POG years and years ago but it was too large and impractical just to use for organ sounds. 

I feel like it's a bit of a different beast. The tracking is slightly delayed so using it as an octave effect isn't very effective compared to the POG. Never tried the HOG, and despite having so much potential I think it might be just a bit too much for me. Too much real estate for what I'd be capable of using. B9 is a killer as far as organ sounds go.

Personally, I like the Organizer with noticeable octave delay to separate them from the dry signal. It makes this nice swaying atmosphere when playing arpeggios. Plus its tone is a little warmer to my ears than the POG.

Quote by diabolical
Roc8995  you gotta put some detail on that delay array pedal, looks very intriguing.

The Small Echo Array is a multi-head delay like the Binson Echorec, so it it has four taps/heads that each play a repeat at at an interval of whatever the max delay time is set to. 

For example with the delay time set to X, the first tap plays a delay at 1/4X, second tap at 1/2X, third 3/4X, and the last tap at X. The heads play at full volume the first time and then trail off at whatever rate you set the regen at (so with only one head selected, it sounds like a regular delay). By selecting which delay heads are on and off you can create little micro-rhythm patterns within the delay trails. It creates a super washy, pulsating delay pad. You hear it all over 70s era Pink Floyd. 

Unlike most other units that do this (Catalinbread Echorec, Dawner Prince Boonar) the SEA doesn't try to sound or act like the original Binson Echorec, which was a magnetic platter unit with a spinning disc and a physical 'write' and four 'read' heads for repeats. It applies the multitap idea to a nice ambient digital delay with more delay time. The original and look-alike Echorecs are very percussive, but the Echo Array is more neutral and less punchy, so it has a warm, mellow pad. 

It is redundant on my board with the Echorec, especially with the Obscura there as well, but I had to try both out on my board because they're just too much fun. The Echo Array is by far the cheapest of its kind with switches for each head, and at $160 new it's a crazy good deal. I'm very impressed with it. 

This video with the Catalinbread Echorec is what multi-head delay is all about, it really shows off the rhythm patterns and spanky slapbacks: 

This video does a good job of showing some of the sounds on the Echo Array specifically: 
evening_crow 
Quote by evening_crow
Thanks man! I've always wanted to try the Echorec but the lack of tap tempo is the only thing that's held me back from doing so. The Pharaoh is definitely an awesome pedal. Do you have a different led on yours? Mine's the green one and I swear that thing's bright enough to be seen from space. 

That's why I have two delays.   I changed the led on Pharaoh for exaclty that reason! It was so blinding I couldn't see the settings on other pedals  

diabolical 
Quote by diabolical
 timoel very good organization on that board case. Gotta ask how you switch the eq or amp?

They barely fit.   ..It's a sturdy "briefcase" I made and the lid is resting against the bench I have my amp on, so I just kick them. But they have to be removed if I close the case.
Music is the way.
[quote="K33nbl4d3 I would've actually stood a chance in the medium category so I'm kind of not best pleased [/QUOTE"]

I am sorry. I cannot edit the polls. I made a mistake. I did my best, largely unassisted. I put a lot of time into this. I have already decided that this is the last year and I am not going to do this again. i am in a EE program and that took a lot of time.

sorry, but it is what it is.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by diabolical
Oh come on man, you did a great job this year, plus we got us some sponsors!

you are right it turned out great, but with course work only getting heavier throughout this and yeah. i guess I am just not in the mood for complaints when I put a ton of time into it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by evening_crow
Thanks for the votes guys!  If you guys are curious on what's in it:

TOP ROW (L to R)
Lovepedal Vibronaut
Blackout Effectors Whetstone
Wampler Nirvana
Earthquaker Devices Tentacle
Pigtronix Class A Boost
Pigtronix Philosopher's Rock
Decimator G String
Planet Waves Tru-Strobe Tuner
Empress Buffer+

MIDDLE ROW (L to R)
Ibanez Airplane Flanger
Wampler Euphoria
Dr Scientist The Elements
Wampler Velvet Fuzz
Black Arts Pharaoh
Electro Harmonix Superego
Earthquaker Devices Organizer
Earthquaker Devices Bit Commander

BOTTOM ROW (L to R)
TC Electronic Ditto X2
Hardwire Supernatural Verb
TC Electronic Flashback X4
Strymon El Capistan
Diamond Quantum Leap
Catalinbread Semaphore Tap Tempo

FLOOR (L to R)
Pigtronix Dual Expression Pedal
Custom Audio Electronics MC404 Dual Inductor Wah
Ernie Ball VP JR
DigiTech Whammy IV

UNDER BOARD
Custom Audio Electronics MC403 Power System
MXR MC237 DC Brick

Do you use this without any looper/switching system?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by cliff_em_all
Do you use this without any looper/switching system?

Currently yes since I'm not gigging.

Quote by evening_crow
Currently yes since I'm not gigging. 

Even if I wasn't playing live i'd have to use a switching system with that. I struggled with a 9 pedal and m13 set up!
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
cliff_em_all

I've still got about 5 more pedals I need so don't want to wire anything with a looper only to redo it all again.

You'd need something like Voodoolab GCX and Ground Control system to make sense of that many pedals. I've got one sitting at home that I've been threatening my band to wire up for quite some time. After this show, maybe I'll look into it. Too much pedal tap dance is bad for your mental health

timoel evening_crow check your PMs please.
diabolical

The OC10 has my eye, but being the most expensive part of the board I'm putting it off till the end. I'll have to group pedals in loops though.

Also, replied to your message. Thanks!