Is there such a thing ?
I mean looking at the duncan pickups that show the equalization of the pickup how much bass, mid, trebble the pickup has , if you woud swap it to lefthand woud the eq be oposite ?
Im thinking like if a pickup has bass:4, mid:5 treb:8 ,when puting the pickup into lefthand guitar the strings/frequencys are now oposite so the eq is 8 for bas, mid:5, treb:4 am i right ?
Last edited by kristbubnjar at May 9, 2017,
will you would have to recalibrate the flux capacitor

actually no. magnets don't give a fuck about left and right. why would they.
buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo.
There is a potential for a slight tonal variation with some pickups but not the type of EQ change you are thinking about.  If it's a strat pickup with a vintage stagger then individual string balance will be different but the overall EQ of the pickup will remain the same.  If it's a humbucker with adjustable polls in one of the coils or mismatched coil winds then it might make the bridge pickup sound a bit different but it wouldn't have a noticeable effect in the neck and again it won't have an effect on the overall EQ of the pickup.  If it's a P90, tele pickup, a strat pickup with flush polls or a humbucker with identical winds and slugs it won't change tone at all.

Rotating a pickup doesn't ever change the pickup's EQ.
Still doing business but not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at May 7, 2017,
Tony DoneCorduroyEW

Upedate :
i pealed of the shielding on pickups (i might do the control cavity also) , and droped the neck pickup maximum down (a couple mm down of the pickup frame height) and now it sounds as it is suposed to (at last the distortion is finaly usable with the neck pup) . But still i think im goint to try inplement a high pass filter just so bouth of my pickup get some bite out of it (the pickups are nazgul and sentinent in nato/mahagony body ibanez dont know why they sound basy my laney is bass 3 mid 6 trebble 9 (slowly thinking hes the one doing problems)).
Now as you seem to know about pickups im wondering how/which combination of resistor+capacitor to use for hi pass flitering as i got only 500kOhm potentiometer.
the caps/resistors i got :
10 nF + 460kO =34Hz
470nF + 7.5kO =45Hz
3.3nF + 460kO =104Hz
100nF + 15kO =106 Hz
100nF + 7,5kO = 212 Hz
other combinations go from 0.7 Hz to 22.5Hz and ~600Hz up to 18kHz
The reason i ask is cause idk how wil this work with the potentiometer.

tnx in advance.
Last edited by kristbubnjar at May 9, 2017,
kristbubnjar I've not tried making a passive hi pass filter for a guitar pickup so I'm not going to comment on that.  What I do when I have a pickup that is too bassy is use a compressor pedal or change the magnet in the pickup.  What magnet does your pickup have?
the sentient is a alnico 5
http://www.seymourduncan.com/pickup/sentient-neck-2

before the duncans i had standard inabez v7&8 and i found the bridge shrill ,now as i instaled the nazgul even he sounds like im playng in the middle position.
I checked the wiring , except the shielding everything seems to be fine.
Im curently playng through practice amp its a solid state but i remember trayng diferent speakers they were 2 x4 ohm and 10 w wired in series and addet to paralel to the original speaker my amp uses (20 w 4 ohm) the series paralel combination gives 6 ohm impendance , coud it be that this fucked him up? do i need a new amp?
Is it my amps fault?
shoud also mention that i tryed pasive hi pass filter but on a logarithm pot so it only worked at the 2.5 to closed(0) pot range, all alse sounded likevise to how it is.
A5 mags give you a lot of upper midrang end and a lot of bass.   I would remove the A5 and replace it with an A3.  A3 magnets provide a much flatter frequency response than A5 so it will reduce the bassy boom significantly.  It will reduce the overall output of the pickup but not as much as a filter so you will get less boom and still sound like you have bass but it won't be out of control.  On paper A3 will reduce top end too but most of the top end that it drops will be top end you can't hear anyway.  The reduced low end makes it sound like you have more sparkle in the top end even though you technically have less.
i really wouldn't be messing around with pups until you upgrade your amp.
you will never know what the pups actually sound like.
buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo.
is this a gud scheme hor a high pass filter ?
the cap is in series from hot of pickup selector to volume pot , and the tone pot is grounded to him self as he is by himself a resistor, so by varying i shoud get anything between 31Hz cut when full open to 15kHz when fully closed . Am i missing somewere ?
http://www.ekswai.com/en_highpass.htm

if i use 3.3nF the cut off is more controlable.
Attachments:
hi pass.pdf
Quote by kristbubnjar
is this a gud scheme hor a high pass filter ?
the cap is in series from hot of pickup selector to volume pot , and the tone pot is grounded to him self as he is by himself a resistor, so by varying i shoud get anything between 31Hz cut when full open to 15kHz when fully closed . Am i missing somewere ?
http://www.ekswai.com/en_highpass.htm

if i use 3.3nF the cut off is more controlable.

I'm completely in the dark as to what you're trying to accomplish. If you're trying to remove some bottom end from the pickups, you're going to want to target the frequencies from  82Hz to maybe 120Hz. A fixed 24hz slope should do it.  15Khz is well above the fundamental range of your guitar, 31Hz is way below. 
dspellman
well im thinkin a cap + potentiometer as resistor , so:
10nF + 500kohm pot = 31 Hz
10nF + 500kohm pot on half (250kohm)= 63 Hz
10nF+ 500kohm pot at almost closed (lets say 50kohm)=318 Hz
and so on ... a variable high pass ptentiometer
so today i got rid of the shielding and cant belive how mutch it was a tone sucker , also now that its bright i managed to rewire the tone control so it works normal and i like it. Finaly it all sounds as it shout .
Note to myself : Iff you want it to be god you better do it yourself.
p.s.im also getting rid of the tone sucking pedals , as going thru my pedalboard i found some that some of pedalsi use are altering my tone.
tnx for all that helped me on my path ;not to "shoot the innocent".