Being a lefty, normally it makes no difference in my life, but finding a guitar? Near impossible, especially if you don't want a black guitar. A Gibson guitar? Even more impossible.
Which is why when I found this guitar hanging in my local guitar store, I jumped on it:

She's a Gibson Custom Shop '58 Standard Reissue with a washed cherry VOS finish

Since I started playing guitar, a Les Paul had been my dream guitar, ever since watching Slash perform the Godfather Solo live, well before I started playing guitar. After seeing him play the solo, I told myself, "one day, I'm gonna play guitar, and the first thing I'm gonna learn is the Godfather Solo and that I will also one day own the same guitar Slash played (not too specific, just a Les Paul)." 

Fortunately, my dream did come true. Not only was the Godfather Solo the first song I learned to play, I also now own a Les Paul. She plays like a dream and I couldn't be any happier. I now have the only guitar I will ever need, and I feel like the luckiest guy on Earth.
That orangey sunburst looks tasty.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Dat's purdy.

HNGD!
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587
*mods
Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
awesome
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

damnnn thats a looker! gratz/
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!*** NEW NEW NEW!
2017/03/25 Nitrocellulose -vs- Polyester Finishes (Saturday 2017-03-25)
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Very nice score friend! Nice board on that one.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
that's a beauty right there.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I know that Les Paul desire all too well, glad you satisfied yours!
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Nice looking axe congrats on finding it! It seems wierd though they woundn't invert the Les Paul script logo so it is not upside down when you are playing, I'm sure they don't make special necks for lefties but it would not be hard to invert the logo.

Anyway congrats again on your find don't have too much fun with it!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Evilnine cheers man. the reason the script is upside down is to try make it as historically accurate as possible considering its an r8
Quote by bunjaba88988
Evilnine cheers man. the reason the script is upside down is to try make it as historically accurate as possible considering its an r8

Gotcha!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by bunjaba88988

Hot damn. I didn't know all the original lefty 1958 LP's had their script upside down. That's not something I've noticed before. How very strange.

I've learned something new. Must've been the original intention that the neck was to go on a right-handed guitar.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Hot damn. I didn't know all the original lefty 1958 LP's had their script upside down. That's not something I've noticed before. How very strange.

I've learned something new.

Haha yeah, considering between 1958-1960 im pretty sure they only made 4 lefties, i dont think they cared that much about the details