Why? It was popular. 
They may be getting ready to replace it with something better. That product may take some time to appear, though, in order to let most of the current stock to sell.

Personally, I've been wanting a Transatlantic or Royal Atlantic for some time- I discovered them a couple months after they'd been discontinued. I still see NOS ones, and used ones in good condition are definitely floating around the market. But late last year/early this year, Mesa introduced the Triple Crown, which seems to be a redone & improved member of the Atlantic family.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I listened to the Triple Crown. It is nice. 
No freakin' kidding! I'm trying to decide if I'll stick to getting a Transatlantic or save for a TC...or really be patient enough to buy both!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why would you want one of those instead of a Road King II or Mark V?

I was thinking of getting the Roadster in the future. Now, I am thinking of the Road King II. I do not know much about it. 
Living in the UK, the existence of Mesa Boogie altogether may as well be discontinued.

Monstrously overpriced.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
NostraHistoriathe RK is basically the same as the Roadster plus the progressive linkage in the power section that lets you assign what tubes you're using with each channel. There might be a couple other smaller differences but that's the main one.
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
NostraHistoria

I like the sound. Always have.

Tariffs are the reason they cost so many much outside of the US. Apple costs a lot for the same reason.
I feel like the new Dual and Triple Rectifiers are so damn nice, there might not have been enough wiggle room between those and the Roadster.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
randall probably got pissed that they wouldn't let him patent roads, and withdrew it in spite.*

* this might not have actually happened.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by dementiacaptain
I feel like the new Dual and Triple Rectifiers are so damn nice, there might not have been enough wiggle room between those and the Roadster.

I've seen Dual and Triple Reborns (newer models) in really nice condition go for 1000.
I talked to someone at Sweetwater today who said the Road King II is the best in the rectifier series. He has a Roadster. Someone who works at a local shop by me said the Mark V is the best in its own and different class. Someone here on this board said he likes the Dual Rectifier more than his Mark V. I guess the Mark V is for old people and the Rectifiers are for younger people. 
Quote by NostraHistoria
I talked to someone at Sweetwater today who said the Road King II is the best in the rectifier series. He has a Roadster. Someone who works at a local shop by me said the Mark V is the best in its own and different class. Someone here on this board said he likes the Dual Rectifier more than his Mark V. I guess the Mark V is for old people and the Rectifiers are for younger people. 

....No that's a severe an incorrect simplification.
what. the mark series and dual rec series are just completely different.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
I own a Rectifier and the Mark V just has a clarity that the rectifier doesn't, yet there is a certain rude growl that the Recto has over the others...

Personally, I'd say all 3 - TC, Mark V and Dual Recto!

For what I am currently doing the Mark V or TC would be perfect, now I have to decide on the voicing, whether I like the Brit voicing of the TC or the traditional California sound of the Mark V. They're all fantastic, so it is hard to decide.
I love your verbage: "rude growl." It is the sound I want. I think I will get the Road King II in the future. The Mark V is smooth. I can get it when I retire. 
Not suprise with the release of the Triple Crown and the Roadking II still being the flagship.

With that said, the RKII is worth it over the Roadster.
Quote by diabolical
I own a Rectifier and the Mark V just has a clarity that the rectifier doesn't, yet there is a certain rude growl that the Recto has over the others...

Personally, I'd say all 3 - TC, Mark V and Dual Recto!

For what I am currently doing the Mark V or TC would be perfect, now I have to decide on the voicing, whether I like the Brit voicing of the TC or the traditional California sound of the Mark V. They're all fantastic, so it is hard to decide.

Depending how how many tones you're looking for from the Mark V, I'd maybe look at the JP2C. I basically just want a clean (suuuuure I do), heavy crunch and a lead. From vids on youtube, the JP2C just sounds mean. Then again, I'll probably sell my 5150III and get a Mark V 25. Here in Canada, the JP2C's price is eye watering

Wouldn't be surprised if Mesa comes out with an updated Roadster.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
I think I need a mini Rec to go with my mini Mark. Big Mesas are just too damn cumbersome.
Quote by DarthV
Depending how how many tones you're looking for from the Mark V, I'd maybe look at the JP2C. I basically just want a clean (suuuuure I do), heavy crunch and a lead. From vids on youtube, the JP2C just sounds mean. Then again, I'll probably sell my 5150III and get a Mark V 25. Here in Canada, the JP2C's price is eye watering

Wouldn't be surprised if Mesa comes out with an updated Roadster.

Can you drive to the US to get one cheaper?
Quote by NostraHistoria
Can you drive to the US to get one cheaper?

Newp, weirdly after currency exchange, buying one in the US would cost an extra $150 or so. Really miss the days when the CAD was at par (or higher)
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by Ippon
dementiacaptain, you need the high wattage for those low Mids and Lows to bring the brootz when you're playing with the band.

For the Rec perhaps, I gotta be honest though, even at band volumes I don't find the Mark V25 to lack much of anything from its big bro
Quote by NostraHistoria
Tariffs are the reason they cost so many much outside of the US. Apple costs a lot for the same reason.

Maybe somewhat, but the problem [at least in Australia] seems to be more because their is a kind of monopoly. As far as I'm aware, there is only one Australian distributor of mesa's. Because of trade agreements preventing mesa's import from overseas, everyone, including retailers, has to purchase mesa's through this official distributor. It is this distributor that is primarily responsible for the price hikes [although of course mesa allows/sanctions it...]

Sales staff [always take their words with a grain of salt] have told me on multiple occasions that they aren't really allowed to deviate on the pricing of mesas as dictated by the distributor.

It is absolutely ridiculous though. I know some people who have traveled to NZ to buy mesa's there because it's cheaper [including flight] than purchasing them locally. I don't believe there is a big difference between NZ and Australia's tariffs in regards to amplifiers.
RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at May 25, 2017,
I talked to someone at Sweetwater, and he told me that Guitar Center cannot sell new Mesa Boogies. The reason is that they used to give discounts on them. So, Sweetwater now sells Mesa Boogies. 

In relation to the CAD, I remember when the dollar plummeted back around 2007/2008. Those were depressing days for Americans. 
Quote by NostraHistoria
I talked to someone at Sweetwater, and he told me that Guitar Center cannot sell new Mesa Boogies. The reason is that they used to give discounts on them. So, Sweetwater now sells Mesa Boogies. 

In relation to the CAD, I remember when the dollar plummeted back around 2007/2008. Those were depressing days for Americans. 

Those were awesome days. Bought tons of stuff online in the US, had them shipped to a package receiving store near the border and picked them up. Now it's just depressing
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
When did it change and where do you live?
CAD started falling in 2013/2014, after the Saudis blocked OPEC from cutting oil production. Canada produces a LOT of oil, so the CAD fell like a rock when the price per barrel drops by over 50%.

And I'm about an hour from Houlton, Maine.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs