after recovering from a shitty 6 months after having to sell off my guitars which was unfortunate. im looking to spend about $400 new on a guitar for metal. will probably use one of the payment sites. so far what has crossed my eye is a few ibanez rgs. the 450m, 421 and the 450dxb. i love the maple neck on the two with trems, how are the rems on these? are they absolutely terrible or something i could work with? there is also the jackson js32 series, which i wouldnt expect much out of. i would assume one of the ibanezs would be a better option to go with. schecter banshee extreme also catches my eye. anybody have any experience with any of these? maybe if i got the rg 421 i could actually throw a bridge pickup replacement on the order as well. thanks in advance.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Well, if it's a beater then go for whatever you like. Do you plan on upgrading?
Definitely go used at that budget.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Yeah in the post i stated i was going to go with a payment place like zzounds that is the reason.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Yeah i mean like zzounds or american musical. Pay as you go.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
I dont have $400 to spend at once.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Throwing out another option, the Kramer 211: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/kramer-striker-211-custom-electric-guitar

Played one of these last week, it's a great guitar for the price. I was expecting it to cost twice as much.

There's also the LTD EC-256 (looks killer in black): http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/esp-ltd-ec-256fm-electric-guitar
ive seen that ltd. that would def be an option. ill check out that kramer.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
If you have a PayPal account you could apply for PayPal Credit. Works anywhere where PayPal is accepted.
"Well reeeer to you too sir...Its the internet. Do you really expect it to be completely serious?" - mcraddict81592
Thanks man. Gave me a $500 limit.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
I'd go ESP LTD.  They are road tested.  hit the pavement and check out the shows, I can't even count how many bands I've seen rocking LTD's - they're like the official unofficial tour guitar.

I had an LTD viper, and then an ESP viper.  Very minimal difference.  Excellent guitars.  That being said, Jackson Dinky (as stated above) is a good call too.  I played mine for years even after I could afford better.  
"I definitely don’t write all my music in a blackout, like I used to, although I did come up with some good stuff in a blackout."
-Matt Fucking Pike
lol ended up scoring a classic vibe precision bass and a vm strat which i will turn into a metal monster. im crazy i know.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Well those strats come with a really high output bridge pickup.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Im gonna save for a ibanez iron label now.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Seems like you've decided on saving, although I'd be careful with Iron Label unless you can put your hands on it before buying - Ibanez's Indo-made stuff has massive QC issues. It's a mixed bag - I've seen great ones, and absolutely horrible ones. 

Left field suggestion - you've got a Squier VM Strat, which is a phenomenal platform guitar. Why not throw a Hot Rails in the bridge? I play metal on my Strat all the time, and it all started with a SD Hot Rails. Or you sold the Strat, but it's still in your signature?

“We’re built of contradictions, all of us. It’s those opposing forces that give us strength, like an arch, each block pressing the next. Give me a man whose parts are all aligned in agreement and I’ll show you madness. We walk a narrow path, insanity to each side. A man without contradictions to balance him will soon veer off.”

silentfall.bandcamp.com
Last edited by an.interloper at Aug 13, 2017,
no, its on its way from guitar center. it comes with those duncan designed scs. the bridge is wound super hot. it is pretty close to hot rails output im pretty sure. i want to test it out first. if its not what im looking for id like to grab a hot rail for the bridge. i want to say i read somewhere it was like 12 k resistence in the bridge. i will def look into a new bridge pickup if i cant work with it. i just couldnt pass up the guitar for $149 used.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Unpopular opinion:

If you don't have the $400 to spend all at once and you're recently recovering from financial issues, perhaps a new guitar should wait.
Quote by JustRooster
Unpopular opinion:

If you don't have the $400 to spend all at once and you're recently recovering from financial issues, perhaps a new guitar should wait.

THIS! I've seen too many people screw up their lives by purchasing crap they didn't need that was beyond their limits. Whether it's cars, guitars, designer fashion items, etc, trashing your finances will follow you for a very long time. Basic money management and the mathematics of interest rates seem to elude so many people, which is truly unfortunate! 
My crap:

Guitars
Jackson RR3T Limited Edition with Seymour Duncan Blackouts (MIJ)
Jackson JS1-X Rhoads
Jackson PDXT with Seymour Duncan Black Winters
Dean Vendetta XM

Amps
Peavey 6505 MH
Carvin 1X12 Cab

Pedals
Boss TU-3 Tuner
Boss NS-2 Noise Gate
Boss DD-7 Delay
yeah, the pal pay credit things isnt too bad, as long as you pay it off in 6 months, theres no interest.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
i ended up returning that squier, the frets were sharp as hell. back to the drawing board lol.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A