I have an Epiphone Les Paul standard serial number DW04081329 and need to replace the pickup selector switch and was considering upgrading the pickups at the same time. I was just wondering if anyone has upgraded one of these Epiphones and what recommendations you may have. I have read about the Seymour Duncan p-rails as an option. I enjoy the Bakersfield and classic rock styles of music.
Thanx for any recommendations and advice
P-Rails with Triple Shot rings are certainly versatile, and I have used them on Epi LPs before. To me, they get a nice open, clear sound when split, and a lot thicker when they are used on full. Make sure you check out the sound clips and switching options with those pickups, as they are capable of more diverse sounds than most pickups. 
Watch out for Mincer he is a narc for SD.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Watch out for Mincer he is a narc for SD.

I was going to say the same thing, but to be fair nothing that he said was inaccurate.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I was going to say the same thing, but to be fair nothing that he said was inaccurate.

True, true. However i have not heard him recommend anything but SD. Lol

OP take a look at railhammer
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by gsully18
I have an Epiphone Les Paul standard serial number DW04081329 and need to replace the pickup selector switch and was considering upgrading the pickups at the same time. I was just wondering if anyone has upgraded one of these Epiphones and what recommendations you may have. I have read about the Seymour Duncan p-rails as an option. I enjoy the Bakersfield and classic rock styles of music.
Thanx for any recommendations and advice

What is it that you don't like about your current tone that you feel like new pickups would rectify?

If there is something you actually aren't happy with then by all means, go for it. If you're upgrading just for the sake of it, I wouldn't really recommend it.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
What is it that you don't like about your current tone that you feel like new pickups would rectify?

If there is something you actually aren't happy with then by all means, go for it. If you're upgrading just for the sake of it, I wouldn't really recommend it.

This is the key question, gsully18. There’s a biiiiig world of pickup makers & their products out there- obviously with some overlap- and you really need to have a target tone in mind before buying and changing.

As for P-Rails in particular, realize that they’re not a simple drop-in replacement. Their versatility comes with the cost of installing some additional electronics. That may involve some minor woodwork for their switching controls, but don’t quote me on that. If you like them, contact SD for more details.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by gsully18
dannyalcatraz thanx for reply I really don’t want to get into any wood working if possible

SD makes pickup rings with the switching built in. I think they're called the Triple Shot. No wood working skills required.
Quote by dspellman
SD makes pickup rings with the switching built in. I think they're called the Triple Shot. No wood working skills required.

Good to know!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
gsully18 

Just upgraded my Epi LP pickups since one of them was not working. Latter I found out the problem was in the switch.

Anyway, I happy about the results. It always felt that Epi picks are too "closed" for me, and now its another guitar sound wise. I got a clone for a 59'/APH1 set. 

But as H4T3BR33D3R said, if you are happy with your sound, there is no reason to change them. 

One thing I will change in the future that you may consider doing now is changing the tone pots. They are linear, so its "open" and "closed", there is no between. If you use your tone pot a lot I advise you to change to log pots.