Page 1 of 293
RULES AND HELPFULL SITES

Important rule :

Noobs are welcome in here, with questions about shred, no stupid lines like : 'slash is 10 times as fast as angelo' so don't flame the ones with questions... or I will report you...

some shredders sites :

www.vai.com
www.angelo.com
www.dreamtheater.net
www.vinniemoore.com
www.bucketheadland.com
www.satriani.com
www.jasonbecker.com
www.shawnlane.com
www.rustycooley.com
www.joestump.com
www.yngwie.org
www.ericjohnson.com

some exercise sites :

www.insaneguitar.com
www.theshredzone.com
www.chopsfromhell.com

ALWAYS PRACTISE WITH A METRONOME.

Some tab sites :

http://www.jbakerman.com/trans/ ( vai tabs new album )
www.powertabs.net
www.mysongbook.com
www.mxtabs.net
www.ultimate-guitar.com
http://yngwie.org/music/scripts.html ( yngwie tabs )

Another important rule :

Don't call names at eachother when people say things like : "dude michael angelo sucks, he's just based on speed and doesn't play with feeling at all " . that's his/her opinion, respect it. obviously you can tell him/her that you've an other opinion but that doesn't mean he's some stupid ****ing retarded mother****er or something like that. if I see disrespecting posts like that I will report you, again.

Last edited by Master Of Shred at Jan 28, 2006,
um.....i like shred. it makes me happy. uhhhh.....does anyone have any bootlegs of vai playing "firestrings" with that orcestra (bad spelling) or maybe saw him play. i really wanna hear itt sooo badddddd
When do you guys think shred peaked ? like what year?

I wouldnt say when Nirvana explode cause it was getting pretty big even then
Originally posted by TapMaster
When do you guys think shred peaked ? like what year?

I wouldnt say when Nirvana explode cause it was getting pretty big even then

stupid ****ing nirvana
I think it was long over due, if shred hadn't been knocked out, it would have kept getting worse and worse.
If you break a JEM you know your going to go to hell when you die

Only member of the 'This is too immature for me' club.
Originally posted by Master Of Shred

http://masterofshred.dmusic.com

Not bad, Bub... and only 14, holy crap!

Currently, my mic "has a cold" but when I get a new one or something, I'll post some of my shit.

As for whoever asked when the peak of shred was, as far as I can tell, somewhere in the 80's, and even the beginning of the 90's. Shred, musically and especially technically, has always been above most other genres/styles, and shred artists could easily become proficient in any other style if they chose to.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Last edited by Mad Marius at Mar 8, 2005,
the whole nps thing comes from the fact its an irrefutable measure of skill.
Let me demonstrate - you argue with someone over whos more melodic - how can you ever agree? Its opinion.
Speed is not an opinion. You are fast. And you can quantify it.

But then again, speed is overrated. I love frusciante. Fareri can eat my shorts.
Last edited by Freepower at Aug 19, 2005,
Originally posted by The UG Squirrel
stupid ****ing nirvana

http://resiliance.dmusic.com

*chat, chatchatchat, chat, chatchat*

He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
How long did it take you to compose your Vai-like track? The beginning seemed like it needed some compression, but then settled down to a nice steady volume.
Jinglejazz was pretty neat as well.
I didn't really give much thought to it... I made it in about 30 minutes I think, just chordal stuff
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
Master of Shred thats really good for 14 how long you playing for?

meh I believe it's my 7th year or something
Probably Yngwie tried to speak english and he though that shred was some kinda normal english word at the time
Maybe it's from the sheer speed of shred artists. They play so fast it seems they're literally "shredding" the guitar. Just an assumption...
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
^Maybe, or, even though this sounds stupid, it might be to do with the strings being 'shredded' or breaking.

Is it true that in the US OTT shred solos are called wanking? I've heard something about that...
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.

Here we ****ing go again.

Click.
since this is random shred thread, can anyone tell me what delay is?
Originally posted by ckellingc
i'd say an 8, im being generous though.
i say this cuz ive been playing for 7 years, can play classical gas, and just flat out kick ass

someone has low standards ^ ^.
^^ same thing as echo. Where what you play is repeated back several times before it dies out. You can ajust the distance between echoes. short, long ect.

And for my chat topic, how old was becker when he started playing. I've been playing 2 1/2 years and I'm 15 and am about 3 minutes through SMS, but he was 17 at the time, and a far superior guitarist to me now. I always compare myself to others. It's a bad habit.
Last edited by kyle_afi at Mar 8, 2005,
Originally posted by kyle_afi
^^ same thing as echo. Where what you play is repeated back several times before it dies out. You can ajust the distance between echoes. short, long ect.

And for my chat topic, how old was becker when he started playing. I've been playing 2 1/2 years and I'm 15 and am about 3 minutes through SMS, but he was 17 at the time, and a far superior guitarist to me now. I always compare myself to others. It's a bad habit.

im ordering that album...then im gonna learn it

\m/
I think Jason was like 4 years old when he started playing.. not sure, though.
My webpage with some songs and articles.
Do you guys have the video of Malmsteen screaming "I'm gonna ****in kill you *****! You've unleashed the ****in' fury!"?
Originally posted by Resiliance
http://resiliance.dmusic.com

*chat, chatchatchat, chat, chatchat*

Resiliance, you better add more stuff man. I rarely add something to my Favorites unless it's good, and that's just pure talent.

So you better add more or i'll...
UG's #1 Shawn Lane Fan
Pm me to join the Fusion Shred club

Originally posted by ragethesage
Without punk music, alot of genres of music would be missing today.