Page 1 of 105
TallestTak
111 IQ
Hey everyone, just looking for fellow Techno (or whatever "Sub-techno" genres you're into) freaks.

You know, the nerds of the class.

Anyway, some of my favorites are Freezepop, Scooter, Darude, Ian Vandahl, Utada Hikaru, good stuff.

Let me know if you're out there <3
I hate it when you get pie filling on your fingers--it's all sticky. Then you get fingerprints on your fretboard :'(
Liam Alan
Come on feet
355 IQ
My best friend used to DJ in D.C. He tried to get me into it but I really can't stand techno. Watching him mix was pretty amazing though. He can count (Time signatures, keeping in time) a lot better than me because of mixing so I guess that was a plus.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Last edited by Liam Alan at May 8, 2006,
bajeda
UG's Drug Guru
107 IQ
I love electronic music. I love all music in general, and listen to pretty much everything, but it just seems I find myself in the mood to listen to electronic music alot of the time.

I like pretty much every genre, besides alot of the hardcore ones (bit much don't ya think?) and I can only take so much of cheese (umm, pretty much like the artists you listed, no offense, its a phase everyone goes through).
YAY_FOR_PIE
*Insert Witty Phrase*
263 IQ
I'm more an Electronic man myself, but I don't mind techo every so often.
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
TallestTak
111 IQ
Meh, so I'm into cheese. I can't really help it, it's fun and lifts my spirits ^^
I hate it when you get pie filling on your fingers--it's all sticky. Then you get fingerprints on your fretboard :'(
bajeda
UG's Drug Guru
107 IQ
^^^^ I can understand that, but I like the old-school eurodance cheese like Ice MC and Funny type stuff. The new stuff is happy but it just sounds so stupid and annoying and is so simple/retarded in makeup that I can't take it.
RHCPhysco8
UG's 3rd String QB
478 IQ
the faint
daft punk
chromeo
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Metalology
̉
602 IQ
I like Days Go By from that Mitsubishi commercial by Dirty Vegas.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
slinks
Bastard in a Basket
443 IQ
I enjoy some electronic stuff but techno and house get on my last nerves, especially the songs with the beats that feel like you're being punched in the head repeatedly.
divid3d
we fall.
1,109 IQ
i'm mainly into trance/hard dance/drum n bass/breaks etc because it's awesome to dance to, and the other end of the spectrum, electronic indie stuff to listen to. not a big fan of house at all, can't dance to it and it's usually pretty boring to hear imo.

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
bajeda
UG's Drug Guru
107 IQ
Quote by KaosInTheDark
i'm mainly into trance/hard dance/drum n bass/breaks etc because it's awesome to dance to, and the other end of the spectrum, electronic indie stuff to listen to. not a big fan of house at all, can't dance to it and it's usually pretty boring to hear imo.

unluCKY...

can't dance to house??

thats like the best electronic music to dance to. The rest is good music and you can dance to it but house music is made primarily to groove away (with the exception of really deep house). Unless you've only heard ****ty house I don't really know what to say to that.

Edit: Though house isn't the best ecstasy music, so if you only really dance electronic when you do E thats understandable.
The Mofaster
Disco Dancer!
87 IQ
hahahaha...

If you really wanna dance to the max, try Trance-core, or Noise-core or stuff like that.

Dont try it though if you have a pace-maker...
divid3d
we fall.
1,109 IQ
Quote by bajeda
Edit: Though house isn't the best ecstasy music, so if you only really dance electronic when you do E thats understandable.

haha bingo
i used to be able to dance to house but i've lost it. meh im not worried, i have fun.

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
IndieMetalhead
Is never online
1,124 IQ
i like daft Punk. cant stand anything else though (the stuff chavs blare out at 200dB)
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
bajeda
UG's Drug Guru
107 IQ
Quote by IndieMetalhead
i like daft Punk. cant stand anything else though (the stuff chavs blare out at 200dB)

Daft Punk is House (French House to be more exact). It also has alot of electro and funk influences as well though. So theres plenty of music similar to it, just rather hard to find in record stores unless you know what you are looking for.

Oh and anything chavs play is going to suck, regardless of the genre. Its like frat boys blaring music at parties at unis in the US.
The Mofaster
Disco Dancer!
87 IQ
Quote by bajeda
Oh and anything chavs play is going to suck, regardless of the genre. Its like frat boys blaring music at parties at unis in the US.

oohh that's funny.

Reminds me of the guys in my dormfloor on how they be bumping Benny Bennasi (for example) and they try to dance to it....

oohh the horror...
divid3d
we fall.
1,109 IQ
i must be the only person who can't stand most of daft punk's stuff... i like around the world... and 1 other song that i can't remember. i hate all those songs with the annoying cartoon music videos though. yuck.

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
vanuck
Countdown
11 IQ
I am in love with trance and house at the moment. I am so happy this thread is here, there never is anyone who listens to this type of music anymore...I will love to talk about this for days on end.

I live near Montreal in Quebec and that city is the best place for this kind of music. Especially house, but Tiesto comes every three months pretty much, there's several huge massive events going on like Celebration (New Years Eve with Oakenfold and Lawler), and Bal en Blanc (with Buuren, Infected, Guetta, Deep Dish, etc). This summer is going to be amazing too with the Global Gathering sun dance festival, which already has Misstress Barbara and Steve Lawler playing.

Anyways, if anyone wants to talk, just give me a shout.
divid3d
we fall.
1,109 IQ
Quote by vanuck
I am in love with trance and house at the moment. I am so happy this thread is here, there never is anyone who listens to this type of music anymore...I will love to talk about this for days on end.

I live near Montreal in Quebec and that city is the best place for this kind of music. Especially house, but Tiesto comes every three months pretty much, there's several huge massive events going on like Celebration (New Years Eve with Oakenfold and Lawler), and Bal en Blanc (with Buuren, Infected, Guetta, Deep Dish, etc). This summer is going to be amazing too with the Global Gathering sun dance festival, which already has Misstress Barbara and Steve Lawler playing.

Anyways, if anyone wants to talk, just give me a shout.

yea i didn't really realise how good melbourne is for dance music until fairly recently, but i've seen the likes of paul van dyke, carl cox, the chemical brothers, dj zany, lab 4, and many others over the last couple of years, and have been going to big events about once a month lately (and missing out on so many more coz i'm short on cash ).

are you going to see armin van buuren? if so, very jealous
i'd love to see tiesto even though i've heard he's a bit hit and miss sometimes... does he also play in toronto often? i'm going to ontario on student exchange from the end of august til sometime in january so if he's over there during that time i might as well catch him.

i've been getting into hardstyle quite a bit recently (dj zany, etc), so pumping, absolutely awesome to dance to. speaking of which, what's the dancing style like at raves in canada (or if anyone else reads this, what's it like where you're from?)? here it's all about the Melbourne Shuffle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melbourne_Shuffle
http://www.melbourneshuffler.com/Promo.htm << watch the vid if you wanna see what it looks like (the stuff in the second half of the clip is better to see what it's about)

but yea, i'm used to that style of dancing and it didn't really occur to me until today that people could dance really differently in other countries haha, random i know.

anyway this is quite possibly the longest post i've ever written on ug so i'll shut the hell up now

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
bajeda
UG's Drug Guru
107 IQ
If you love electronic music you might want to check out some of these links for sick live sets.

http://www.tranceaddict.com/livesets.shtml (Mostly trance)

http://www.beatfreakers.com/music.html (Funky House, Nu-Skool Breaks, Techno)

ftp://gielen.tranceaddict.com/mixes/karim/Karim%20E%20-%20euromix%202.mp3 (Old-skool Eurodance compilation - Really nostalgic!!)

www.djmixes.net (sh*tloads of links to mixes in the forums)

www.di.fm (good ol' streaming radio)

Last edited by bajeda at Jun 6, 2006,
divid3d
we fall.
1,109 IQ
yea tranceaddict.com and djmixes.net are good, havent been to beatfreaker before though, thanks for that

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
vanuck
Countdown
11 IQ
Quote by KaosInTheDark
yea i didn't really realise how good melbourne is for dance music until fairly recently, but i've seen the likes of paul van dyke, carl cox, the chemical brothers, dj zany, lab 4, and many others over the last couple of years, and have been going to big events about once a month lately (and missing out on so many more coz i'm short on cash ).

are you going to see armin van buuren? if so, very jealous
i'd love to see tiesto even though i've heard he's a bit hit and miss sometimes... does he also play in toronto often? i'm going to ontario on student exchange from the end of august til sometime in january so if he's over there during that time i might as well catch him.

i've been getting into hardstyle quite a bit recently (dj zany, marco v, etc), so pumping, absolutely awesome to dance to. speaking of which, what's the dancing style like at raves in canada (or if anyone else reads this, what's it like where you're from?)? here it's all about the Melbourne Shuffle

If you are really into trance, then you're probably coming to the wrong continent..:p. In North America it's all about house here. I saw Armin at Bal en Blanc in montreal this April...along with Deep Dish, Infected Mushroom, David Guetta, and other great dj's.. Tiesto was actually in toronto just a couple weeks ago, he comes to Toronto and Montreal pretty much every 3 months, i've already seen him 4 times. His latest trip to Montreal though was the best set i've ever seen him play. He is truly a master. Armin is due back in Montreal soon, so watch for him to come back.

I couldn't really help you out in terms of how different people are at raves compared to europe...as i've never been to one there. However we do have European style events like Global Gathering. Godskitchen is really stepping it up in Canada and especially montreal.

If you're coming to ontario soon then you should be set in terms of electronic dance music...montreal is only a few hours away plus Toronto is always great for house...and there are always the occasional trance events.
Last edited by vanuck at Jun 9, 2006,
MastaBassist10
Banned
4,134 IQ
I love Enigma. I don't know what you call them, they aren't like that "Sandstorm" kind of techno, they are very melodic and actually have vocals. I also like Nine Inch Nail's brand of techno-rock.
Ronan514
68 IQ
If you're into techno at all, you have got to hear Infected Mushroom...theyre prolly the best at making electronic music, although their stuff is heavy compared to like daft punk or da rude. Look for their songs Frog Machine, Bust a Move, Muse Breaks RMX, and Cities of the Future
bajeda
UG's Drug Guru
107 IQ
Quote by Ronan514
If you're into techno at all, you have got to hear Infected Mushroom...theyre prolly the best at making electronic music, although their stuff is heavy compared to like daft punk or da rude. Look for their songs Frog Machine, Bust a Move, Muse Breaks RMX, and Cities of the Future

Infected Mushroom makes psytrance (psychedelic trance) and while they are really good at it I wouldn't say they are the best at making electronic music, or not even the best at making psytrance. Great choons by them are "Dancing With Kadafi", "Sailing in the Sea of the Mushroom", "Dracul", and "The Gathering".

If you like psytrance and goa you should check out Man With No Name who helped start that type of ****. Also Hallucinogen and GMS are big names, as well as 1200 Mics. Shpongle is slower more ambient goa though insanely trippy, with some tunes using over 60 tracks!! Shpongle is Simon Poshford and Raja Ram who were members of Hallucinogen and GMS respectfully so its really freaking good.
http://webzone.k3.mah.se/kit01051/flashback.html

To MastaBassist, Enigma is really sweet music. You might also want to try Banco De Gaia. It has a similar feel in that its really melodic and has lots of influences from other cultures. Try "Last Train to Lhasa" and "Mafich Arabie" and see if you like them.

And to Vanuck, North America has good house in Chicago and NYC, but its more varied in places like Portland OR, San Diego, LA, etc. Plus you can't forget Technofest in Detroit!! ****ing sweet!

Edit: The link I posted is to a video of a pretty popular flash video made using Shpongle's most popular song "Divine Moments of Truth", trippy ****!
Last edited by bajeda at Jun 9, 2006,
bajeda
UG's Drug Guru
107 IQ
Quote by The Mofaster
U.S. wise... I would assume that House would be at it's best in Chicago and Detroit... seeing as I believe that's where it started.

House started in Chicago, Techno started in Detroit. Very different styles of music though. Oh and Garage started in NYC.
RHCPhysco8
UG's 3rd String QB
478 IQ
what exactly is house?
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
The Mofaster
Disco Dancer!
87 IQ
Quote by bajeda
House started in Chicago, Techno started in Detroit. Very different styles of music though. Oh and Garage started in NYC.

oooh ok... well I got half of it right.

Quote by RHCPhysco8
what exactly is house?

it's music that goes "DUNZ DUNZ DUNZ DUNZ" ....

actually umm here is a site that can help you out what "House" really is and what it sounds like.

Electronic Music
fendermalmsteen
one
261 IQ
Darude = sweetness

I also love Moby, dj shog (I heard a couple songs, "Running Water" I think is one), and Prodigy.
Carpe diem; Seize the day.

Just be.

Scales are notes, not shapes, boxes, or patterns.
scoob666
Parpsin' in your face
130 IQ
Quote by system-fan
Dont mean to offend anyone but I hate electronic music, i cant stand it and it drives me nuts

Then don't reply, genius.

Can anyone recommend me some Venetian Snares? I've got Rosscx Csillag...whatever, and I've heard bits of Chocolate Wheelchair and liked that, so any suggestions as to what to listen to next?
bajeda
UG's Drug Guru
107 IQ
Quote by system-fan
Hey I was only putting my two cents in, and another im not into gay ass pussy punk or Emo

sorry if I overreacted a bit. just since I moved to the states for Uni ive been getting tired of people ripping on electronic music when they've never heard it. never really had that problem overseas.

and I didn't say you were into pop-punk or emo. I meant like I don't go into a forum/thread of a genre I dislike and then just rip on it for the hell of it.
bajeda
UG's Drug Guru
107 IQ
hmmm, ive been getting a little crazy with the links, especially since I dont know if anyone really uses them, but I have to post this last one. Its the sweetest set ive seen in a while.

Ever want to know what it means to rave? Never knew what 'Acid' meant in the context of music? http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=270062
Theres a 400 minute long definition for anyone who is interested.
bajeda
UG's Drug Guru
107 IQ
Quote by KaosInTheDark
http://www.livesetsonline.com/

heaps of sets from all genres in the forums. check it out.

unluCKY...

whoooo, got scared for a second when I saw all the dutch at the top of the forum page. I thought for a second I was going to need a translator to find sets!

sweet looking site though, ive been looking for alot of the old-skool/rave songs lately so this looks like it will help me out a bit.

basically if anyone wants electronic music of any type they are pretty much set with all the links we have posted in this thread.