gboy
MetallicA
27 IQ
Gday all,
I recently purchased a Maton "The Terrigal" which i got second hand.
And was wondering if any one could give me any infomation on the guitar.
The serial no is: 8620 (0301)

original sale price, how many made etc.
any infomation would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
i am kool
Battery Chicken
Viva la Revolucion!
434 IQ
Never heard of it, it may be one of their custom shop products. Any distinguishing features, inlays and the like?
gboy
MetallicA
27 IQ
it looks like its a spruce sound board, Qld maple back, sides and neck.
its got a ebony bridge and fret board with dot inlays.
it looks like a 225c but its called a "terrigal" (written inside the body). its got black binding on the front with (i think its called) herringbone in it.
its got a ap4 pickup
and it looks like its had heavy duty frets put on it
i am kool
Last edited by gboy at Oct 19, 2006,
Battery Chicken
Viva la Revolucion!
434 IQ
I know rosewood is the standard for the fretboard and bridge on both the 225 and the 325 but you can order them with Ebony for an additional cost. Honestly I don't know mate, perhaps try emailing Maton direct, it's probably your best shot.
gboy
MetallicA
27 IQ
right-o thanks any way, will do so
i am kool
mash7876
10 IQ
Hi,

Ive been wondering the same thing actually. I can tell you the sale price for a Terrigal is about 1650AUD new. I bought mine in 2004 new. The guitar originated from a maton luthier who resided on the central coast - hence being named 'the terrigal' after the central coast town. I bought my terrigal from from 'Macron Music' at Erina, and it was the only one in the shop at the time, however, I did see another one in there about a year later. I assume there wouldnt be too many of these floating around going off what my contact at macron told me. It is a brilliant guitar - my old teacher had a cw80c and in my opinion, the terrigal (excuse language) shat all over it. As you'd know, it has a warm sound a a great thin neck - throw some low guage strings on it, id reccomend 9-41's (preferably plectrum) and youve got yourself a great strumming guitar that runs awesome through PA, especially with the AP5 to give it a boost. For the price I payed for it, youd be hard pressed to find anything that matches it for value and quality. Any questions, let me know.

Quote by gboy
Gday all,
I recently purchased a Maton "The Terrigal" which i got second hand.
And was wondering if any one could give me any infomation on the guitar.
The serial no is: 8620 (0301)

original sale price, how many made etc.
any infomation would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
gboy
MetallicA
27 IQ
Yeah, it is a great guitar.
Thanks for the info
Natrone
UG's Festive Brad Paisley
3,126 IQ
.....pics?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Bustopher
979 IQ
Yeah, re the Maton Terrigal - it is an exclusive custom brand to the Macron Music Erina shop (on the NSW Central Coast, Australia). They reckon they are better than an EM325C, currently (today) they retail at $AUD1599 on "special". I played one there about two weeks ago, and was touched as I busk at Terrigal all the time, and can't think of a more appropriate guitar. Well, alas, today I won an ebay auction for an EM225C, so I'll be using that instead....
Dix_Fix
J.O.A.T.
925 IQ
Maton also have a Facebook presence, if any other Maton-eers are interested.
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!