Page 1 of 2
This is a contest for your original acoustic songs. The rules are below:

The song must only be acoustic guitars and vocals. No drums, bass, or anything else. Just you and your guitar. Vocals are completely optional and won't effect your score if you don't have them. You can have multiple layers for lead and rythem and such.The song can be any length. The contest is open to anyone and any acoustic song. I'll judge and I'd like for 1 or 2 more judges.

The deadline is December 3rd.

Contestants:

Powerhouse - Joelisa

DanteR* - The Iris of Time

tasteoftomorrow - Staying Up All Night

redsox193 - The Count

.I.T. - Grow Up

ovdojoey - Smile For Me Baby

zeppelin450 - Celestial

unplugged110 - Adrennalin

dearjuliet - Playing By Ear

pinholes89 - The Hourglass
Last edited by sumguy67 at Dec 4, 2006,
I'm in, definatley, working on a new acoustic song right now actually...heh, how convenient.
Quote by Encore_God
The School of Blues is the same place as the University of Life, friend.

Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Stratocaster
Crate GTX212
Quote by DanteR*
What are you talking about? the first post says the deadline is the 3rd...

it is the third. i have no clue who that guy is but im the only one in charge of the contest so just forget anything somebody else tells you.
Can it be acoustic electric? Kinda like, an electric with no distortion? cause if that's OK then I am in for a song.
Quote by sumguy67
it is the third. i have no clue who that guy is but im the only one in charge of the contest so just forget anything somebody else tells you.

Holy ****. hahaha I have a thread just like this... My bad
Quote by Sween1039
Can it be acoustic electric? Kinda like, an electric with no distortion? cause if that's OK then I am in for a song.

sure, as long as it doesnt have too much of an electric feel to it.
BigFatSandwich why ever would you be interested in an acoustic contest?

/sarcasm
Man, Powerhouse! - I just have to say that you have a really beautiful voice, sounds quite like the vocals in Pearl Jam.. Wish I could sing like that!

Great song aswell!
I have a song to post, but I've never posted one before. How do I go about doing it? I tried purevolume.com, but it wouldn't let me upload it. What should I do?
Quote by zeppelin450
I have a song to post, but I've never posted one before. How do I go about doing it? I tried purevolume.com, but it wouldn't let me upload it. What should I do?

make sure its in an mp3 format (it should look like: song.mp3 and usually have an iTunes, Windows Media, or Realplayer picture but that can change depending on your player)and under 8MB for Pure Volume. You could also try myspace or dmusic. you should be able to get a song on one of those three. if you cant or have other questions, let me know and ill see what i can do.
can teh song have acoustic guitar feel but have some lead that played electric??
Quote by redsox193
can teh song have acoustic guitar feel but have some lead that played electric??

yea but no distortion
Quote by sumguy67
make sure its in an mp3 format (it should look like: song.mp3 and usually have an iTunes, Windows Media, or Realplayer picture but that can change depending on your player)and under 8MB for Pure Volume. You could also try myspace or dmusic. you should be able to get a song on one of those three. if you cant or have other questions, let me know and ill see what i can do.

I made sure the file was small enough, and that it had an mp3 suffix, but it still won't work. What do I do now?
^ you have to actually convert it. you can't just type it from .whatever to .mp3
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by BigFatSandwich
^ you have to actually convert it. you can't just type it from .whatever to .mp3

I didn't just type it, I converted it, re-ripped it, I tried like ten times, and when I try to upload the song, it said "NaN%." D'OH!

Oh, and does it make a difference if the suffix is .mp3 or .MP3?
Quote by zeppelin450
I didn't just type it, I converted it, re-ripped it, I tried like ten times, and when I try to upload the song, it said "NaN%." D'OH!

Oh, and does it make a difference if the suffix is .mp3 or .MP3?

i dont think so. what are you recording with?
It was recorded with cool edit pro 2.0, but the mixdown makes it go from .wav to . wma. After I converted it, it became .mp3, but was called MPEG Layer 3 audio (whatever the hell that means...). I eventually got it to covert to straight MP3 format audio, but it still wouldn't work. I even tried .m4a and .acc.

I'm totally stumped
Okay, finally!!!

Sorry for clogging up this thread with my computer illiteracy. Thanks to those who helped me out!

Here's my entry, it's called celestial. It's actually me and my friend Jake, we call ourselves the Chik'n Pik'n Musk Rats (pronounced like " Chicken Pickin") for lack of a better name.

Enjoy!

http://chiknpiknmuskrats.dmusic.com/
Quote by ovdojoey
you didnt put the right link up ...
its : http://foundyesterdaymusic.com/smile%20for%20me%20baby%20final.mp3

http:// foundyesterdaymusic . com /smile%20for%20me%20baby%20final . mp3

no spaces.

ok. i didnt think i put any spaces in there but i guess i did. it should be right now.

also, for the five people who havnt put their songs up yet, remember, the deadline is next sunday.
^ ok cool.

also, ive decided that ill let yall decide how yall are judged. would you rahter have me judge or would you rather have something more like a battle of the bands where everyone votes in a poll on the winner?
hey man im just checking so its fine if we have a non-distored electric guitar in the background, and can we have djembe or not?
No drums, bass, or anything else.

I don't think djembe's in the background will fly....

Edit: I don't mind how we are judged, it's up to the rest of you.
Last edited by DanteR* at Nov 26, 2006,
Page 1 of 2