Page 1 of 1609
you know the rules. respect other people's opinions and try not to flame. give your arguments some substance, no "USA is gay. anarchy!" or "europe is full of subversive homosexual atheists" ... as true as it is, it's just impolite to point it out. i tease the limeys.

try to keep it more conversational and less confrontational.

thanks guys!
- davey
#DTWD
So...Bush sure is an inarticulate moron. The War on Terror is un-winnable. I don't like any of the '08 candidates.
Here in Belgium an extreme-right group (Vlaams Belang) had the second most votes in the elections two weeks ago. It's really freaking me out. Time for a good old revolution I say.
#57 of the Alter Bridge Fan Club
Quote by JeffWiredBeck24
So guys, Democratic Primaries, Bill Richardson yes?

dennis kucinich, yes. i never thought i'd vote for a hippie democrat. i mean he's essentially a green. but i don't trust the way richardson looks.

looks sort of like a live action mayor quimby.

the only candidates i trust are kucinich and paul. because, even though they're on opposite ends of the spectrum, they're both principled. i'm slightly skeptical of kucinich because of his switch to pro-choice policies. not that that one issue determines my vote, but that this could be a sign of partyline politics.
#DTWD
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
I don't like any of the '08 candidates.

I really need to start looking into all of them, considering I'm gonna be able to vote by the time the presidential election rolls by..

At the moment, Obama's looking like the best candidate.
yeah them politicians in Australia... damn them!!

First page
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
So for the Brits, Brown or DC in the next election. I'm gonna say Brown, go for him on policies not personality.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by rifftnstrings
I really need to start looking into all of them, considering I'm gonna be able to vote by the time the presidential election rolls by..

At the moment, Obama's looking like the best candidate.

i can see obama two ways. the next clinton: a centrist president well liked world-wide. or just a neo-con pawn. i'd like to say the first, being the optimist i am, but c'mon, the guy's so inexperienced. when push comes to shove, i think he will buckle.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
i can see obama two ways. the next clinton: a centrist president well liked world-wide. or just a neo-con pawn. i'd like to say the first, being the optimist i am, but c'mon, the guy's so inexperienced. when push comes to shove, i think he will buckle.

I also see him 2 ways....black.....a muslim. not that either of those would affect the way i feel about him....he seems like he's too young IMO, which is good in a way, because he will have a fresh mindset on what he wants to do. It can also be bad, because he's inexperienced, which is the LAST thing we need right now.
Quote by Argon
Here in Belgium an extreme-right group (Vlaams Belang) had the second most votes in the elections two weeks ago. It's really freaking me out. Time for a good old revolution I say.

yea but you know, maybe they should be in the government for 1 time, because they can't rule, they've always been in the opposition, they can complain and discuss, but they can't rule a government, everyone would see how a bad they are in politics and never vote on them again
and they even lost a chair in the Chamber, so don't be freaked out by the results, CD&V won KICKASS!!!
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vixen
Ibanez RG7321
Cort G210
Epiphone Les Paul 1956 Goldtop
Laboga Mr. Hector
Randall 4x12
Boss MT 2
Boss BD 2
Boss DD3
Korg Pitchblack
Is voting compulsory in Australia? I think I heard that somewhere, but I think it's a rather silly setup. People who actually aren't that bothered about the politics, but just vote as they are obliged to would ''ip-dip-do'' their vote, which I'm sure would happen with quite a large amount of people.

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
Johnny Howard is going to get killed by Kevin Rudd in the next election.. Johnny's getting to old.. even though he now uses a blackberry PDA instead of a normal mobile phone, he's still not with it..

K-Rudd can relate to the younger people, being the lively 49 year old spring chicken that he is

Quote by HangmaN47
motorboat the clit you motorboatin' sonofabitch.
First page ftw

Yeah, I think Ron Paul above Obama and Clinton.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Quote by Cal UK
So for the Brits, Brown or DC in the next election. I'm gonna say Brown, go for him on policies not personality.

Opinion polls say Cameron slightly atm don't they? To be honest I'm not a fan of either but there is growing disengagement with politics and I think this is at least partly true to Labour's falling reputation. Plus the whole West Lothian Question means that I and others I know think that Brown wouldn't be acceptable to a lot of the English electorate.

On a side note, how creepy is Brown's smile?
'You can get further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'
Al Capone
For anyone who didnt keep an eye on the Irish general elections Fine gael nearly got as many seats as Fianna Fail. That annoyed me ecasue Fianna fail are trying to get rid of Irish as a mandatory subject in the Leaving Cert.
Quote by Thin-Lizzy

On a side note, how creepy is Brown's smile?

very. The funny thing is I have a history teacher called Mr Brown, and we think he has a paedophile smile as well. It must be the name.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
anyone think hiliray will win? i hope not... cant stand her. personally dont really like any of the candidates but obama seems the best so far... too early to tell just yet though.
www.myspace.com/chrishausman

If you would like to add me, send me a message to let me know your from UG!

Tool - July 16
Incubus - Aug 6

^INCREDIBLE^
Righty...for those in the UK (Scotland expecially) who thinks the SNP are actually gonna make us independent and also do you want independence or not.

Personally I don't think that we should be breaking ties with countries who have quite a ot of power. I hope that
we can't get independence.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
Quote by rifftnstrings
Oh god I hope not! Of course, I'm basically judging based on her stance on videogames.

yeah, i think politicians views on video games are completely distorted(especially clintons) but either way she will take all that power if shes president and screw all of us over by taking away everything good.
www.myspace.com/chrishausman

If you would like to add me, send me a message to let me know your from UG!

Tool - July 16
Incubus - Aug 6

^INCREDIBLE^
I think there will be another war in the summer.
USA will join Israel as they attack Iran, and of course Russia will on Iran's side.

it wont be preety.

of course it's just what everyone here assumes. what do you think?
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
Quote by faqu
USA will join Israel as they attack Iran, and of course Russia will on Iran's side.

it wont be preety.

So soon you think?
Quote by faqu

it wont be preety.

Thats scary, If it does ever come to that I hope the UK doesn't take sides with anyone.
Quote by faqu

it wont be preety.

No I think that won't happen... sure USA will join israel if they attack Iran, but that's a given. But Russia joining Iran? I doubt it.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by FriggenCarl
yeah, i think politicians views on video games are completely distorted(especially clintons) but either way she will take all that power if shes president and screw all of us over by taking away everything good.

It's not that video games are bad, it's that people are stupid, easily manipulated tools...hmmm i wonder how many Clinton voters are were influenced badly by music and games?
Quote by FriggenCarl
anyone think hiliray will win? i hope not... cant stand her. personally dont really like any of the candidates but obama seems the best so far... too early to tell just yet though.

---------------------
At this point in time, I think Clinton would win a Democratic party primary. And would stand a good chance of winning a Presidential Election.
Edwards is pretty much toast. And Obama is slipping and at present laying low. Both of these guys are actually more of a boost to Hiliary than an obstacle. There are more Democrats that don't like Hiliary than like her. But Edwards and Obama split those votes.
1/2 my brain tied behind my back, just to make it fair.
Quote by EL Conquestidor
---------------------
At this point in time, I think Clinton would win a Democratic party primary. And would stand a good chance of winning a Presidential Election.
Edwards is pretty much toast. And Obama is slipping and at present laying low. Both of these guys are actually more of a boost to Hiliary than an obstacle. There are more Democrats that don't like Hiliary than like her. But Edwards and Obama split those votes.

I don't know why Edwards is even a potential candidate.
Quote by faqu

it wont be preety.

I really can't see Israel attacking Iran (Because we've never initiated a war in the past).
I also don't think Iran will directly attack Israel.

But their will probably be a war aganist Syrya and Hizboolah.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by BassistGal
I really can't see Israel attacking Iran (Because we've never initiated a war in the past).
I also don't think Iran will directly attack Israel.

But their will probably be a war aganist Syrya and Hizboolah.

O rly?

What about Israel bombing the Iraqi nuclear reactor in 1981?
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Quote by Hells_Bell
O rly?

What about Israel bombing the Iraqi nuclear reactor in 1981?

It wasnt initiating a war.
It was a preventing strike, theirs a huge difference.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by BassistGal
It wasnt initiating a war.
It was a preventing strike, theirs a huge difference.

Well such things start wars, and it is somewhat similar to the current situation.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
^ I can see where you're coming from, but in all honesty I really can't see how Israel would start a war now.

I'm preety sure their will be a war this summer, but I can't see Israel starting it.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by matt47569
Johnny Howard is going to get killed by Kevin Rudd in the next election.. Johnny's getting to old.. even though he now uses a blackberry PDA instead of a normal mobile phone, he's still not with it..

K-Rudd can relate to the younger people, being the lively 49 year old spring chicken that he is

I doubt that. Howard has the better policies, he has a good proven track record. Rudd made the mistake of trying to make it seem like his better than howard at economics when howard has take our country into the boom and lowered intrest rates since he 1st came into office, its because of howard australia is were it is economically today. He should of focused his campaign elsewere...
What do my fellow USians think of Mitt Romney and his run for the upcoming presidency? In my opinion i don't think he'll get very far because of the Mormon religion's likeness to cults. Just a thought though.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
I usually avoid political and religious discussions. But I had to stop in, just for a slightly off-topic comment.

live free or die erect - the ONLY political thread

at first glance, I thought this was the sex thread.

okay, I'll STFU now. back to what you guys were saying...
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.