267 16%
sucks.
419 25%
Voters: 1697.
Page 1 of 202
csn00b
727 IQ
sorry gp im making this one.
discuss a7x related stuff such as the new album.
Edit:

For The Last Time! A7x Is Not Hardcore, We Know That!!! Its Just That This Is Where We Are Supposed To Put Them!!! Just Because They've Changed Their Style Does Not Mean They Suck, Nor That They Have Sold Out!!!
Last edited by csn00b at Jun 26, 2008,
manutd4lyf
UG Newbie
92 IQ
just heard almost easy on the tv just now. catchy song, great solo
Chevelle454
time flies
664 IQ
yeah the new cd is only sweet for like the first 5 songs, and the rest is kinda gay. the sweet songs sound too generic now, except critical acclaim
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
DTOE
Creator: CMPGA
194 IQ
Quote by JelloPuppet
how about they suck and you should listen to real hardcore? gorilla biscuits, black flag, minor threat. everything else just doesnt compare

A7X aren't trying to be 'real hardcore' you elitist fag
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
SheKILaDZE
309 IQ
Quote by manutd4lyf
just heard almost easy on the tv just now. catchy song, great solo

catchy song, terrible solo
freshtunes
3,057 IQ
A7X are not that great. Very generic.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
csn00b
727 IQ
AE is the worst osng on the album IMO
LEAFS FOR CUP
concept:one
God
453 IQ
They're not proper Hardcore, and I'm sure there's already an Ax7 thread. Stop making threads about a band that are hated by pretty much the entire pit, in the wrong forum, and then whining when they get closed.
Richie_H
De-Registered User
66 IQ
I like the new album, didn't really like City of Evil, this is a lot better. Favourite song on the new album is either Dear God or Critical Acclaim.
SchecterFreak
Reasonable A7X fan!
529 IQ
dude everyone needs to fricken chill out... stop spaming our thread if you don't like them...leave us alone. we like what we like and you like what you like so knock it off okay! when you ****tards come in here and insult us and tell us to listen to real hardcore then you wonder why we bitch and moan when our threads are closed but yet when we post in your threads and bitch and moan we get banned...go the **** away! god!
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
Korzack
World-class-Waster
1,008 IQ
Readin the big listy thing, they do kinda belong here, I guess in that 'oh, we've gotta put it somewhere... Fine, shove it in there' policy.
Umm to be honest, The parts I';ve heard are a bit naff, but I wanna give the whole thing a listen without having to pay for it really & realising I've wasted £17 i could've spent of good music if it turns turn lame. Got into em with city of Evil, tried listening to the earlier stuff, and the WTF stuff just Bored me, and heard nothing from... Whatever came first. TBH, the new stuff seems to have a strangely radio-friendly feel to it. I'm not gonna say the S word, because it's pointless & pathetic, but it'd definitely almost like they had a strict agenda - 'here's our political song, here's our different sounding ballady song, here's the balls-to-walls'...etc.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
bjovi400
UG's Sarcastic Private
3,160 IQ
yes first page!!!!
Quote by SchecterFreak
dude everyone needs to fricken chill out... stop spaming our thread if you don't like them...leave us alone. we like what we like and you like what you like so knock it off okay! when you ****tards come in here and insult us and tell us to listen to real hardcore then you wonder why we bitch and moan when our threads are closed but yet when we post in your threads and bitch and moan we get banned...go the **** away! god!

calm down schecter, there just stupid kids, they know not what they say!
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Last edited by bjovi400 at Nov 2, 2007,
eddie_the_ed
XxWickedJesterxX
144 IQ
My first post on any of the incarnations of the A7X thread. I personally think the new album is great, i love how they went into the studio and just went wild and did whatever they felt like doing. The only critisism i have about the n ew album is the talk box on Lost, not a big fan of that. Other then that it was pretty damn amazing.
well theres my two cents
bjovi400
UG's Sarcastic Private
3,160 IQ
thats not a talkbox, thats called, autotuning, a talkbox has a evil flanger sound.

listen to It's My Life from Bon Jovi. That is a talk box.

M. Shadows used autotuning, which makes his sound a little feminine and robotic. lol
Ibanez AEL 12-string

csn00b
727 IQ
haha, i mustsay i lol'd at most of this page, and ALPOH is too sexy.
LEAFS FOR CUP
loxer
378 IQ
Almost Easy and Critical Acclaim are the only songs that i can stand from new album. Rest of the songs are pretty much crap.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

csn00b
727 IQ
Quote by Aussie_skater
whats happened to all of the original A7X threads??

closed because too big and the last one idk.
LEAFS FOR CUP
Korzack
World-class-Waster
1,008 IQ
Quote by loxer
Almost Easy and Critical Acclaim are the only songs that i can stand from new album. Rest of the songs are pretty much crap.

Strewth. If those ARE the highlights, then I'll just go ahead & not even consider touching it. I've got a pal who's majorly into them, so I'll borrow her copy & leave it at that.
The rig:
Newcastle United
csn00b
727 IQ
ae sucks and ca is ok compared to the rest of the album
LEAFS FOR CUP
PiNk_ThE_pUnK
Bookstore Core
1,107 IQ
Quote by csn00b
sorry gp im making this one.
discuss a7x related stuff such as the new album.
and pink, if your going to close this one give an explanation cause you didnt even reply to my pm.

I am not here at your beck and call, I also have a full time job. Do not attempt to call me out you little insignificant twat bag.

The reason the last one got closed is because you cretins couldn't keep it clean. I will see how this goes for the next few days. After that, if it descends to even half the shit of the last one it'll be closed forever.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
Korzack
World-class-Waster
1,008 IQ
... Remind me not to annoy the Mod's. ( Nice insult by the way)
Moving on swiftly... Favourite song from the band? I always liked Strength of the World myself...
The rig:
Newcastle United
csn00b
727 IQ
id go with ALPOH or BC or MIA just cant choose.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
I am not here at your beck and call, I also have a full time job. Do not attempt to call me out you little insignificant twat bag.

The reason the last one got closed is because you cretins couldn't keep it clean. I will see how this goes for the next few days. After that, if it descends to even half the shit of the last one it'll be closed forever.

lets see, i looked at your profile and you hads been on every day since i sent you the pm or at least everyday i checked. and im insignificant an d your not right? cause someone who spends their time moderating a forum is extremely significant eh?\
LEAFS FOR CUP
PiNk_ThE_pUnK
Bookstore Core
1,107 IQ
Quote by csn00b
id go with ALPOH or BC or MIA just cant choose.

lets see, i looked at your profile and you hads been on every day since i sent you the pm or at least everyday i checked. and im insignificant an d your not right? cause someone who spends their time moderating a forum is extremely significant eh?\

Indeed I have been on every day, doing what I'm supposed to be doing which is moderating this forum and making sure it ticks over nicely. I work on average a 12-14 hour day at the moment and coming on here to find a page and a half of new replies on every thread of the first page and about half of the second takes up a huge amount of time despite how easy you think this is. You were not the only person to PM me this week and the others didn't get replies either as I stated, I have been busy. Yet none of them decided to open up a closed thread and personally attack me in it. I suggest you enter the real world before you decide to comment on my time management skills.

In the grand scheme of things we are all insignificant, you are just far less significant than quite probably any other person on this board to me. As I help maintain this particular part of the forum and make sure it runs properly, along with Andrew and all the other mods. Indeed we are slightly more significant. We had a mod strike last year the entire place descended into a hell hole without us.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
Adumb
204 IQ
Anyways, cool, new thread. I STILL havn't got my hands on the freken album - comes out on wednesday here, so finally I might be able to pick it up. I've stopped myself listening to ALPOH, Dear God, Unbound and Brompton Cocktail, just so I have some suprise, but I just wanna listen to the frekin album.

I don't reckon I can pick a favourite song, I pretty much love everything.
Korzack
World-class-Waster
1,008 IQ
In a way, I wanna listen to Gunslinger - the style that I've heard it is intruigues me.
The rig:
Newcastle United
csn00b
727 IQ
Quote by Korzack
In a way, I wanna listen to Gunslinger - the style that I've heard it is intruigues me.

youtube has the entire album
LEAFS FOR CUP
Korzack
World-class-Waster
1,008 IQ
IT DOES? Excuse me...
The rig:
Newcastle United
csn00b
727 IQ
haha, its been on youtube for ages.
LEAFS FOR CUP
Korzack
World-class-Waster
1,008 IQ
ssh, I don;t pay attentiopn much when I'm sober, was just using Youtube to watch Motorhead live for a week or 3. But tbh I liked Gunslinger, a little piece of Heaven seems quite nice, but a ;little weird really... I'll note the full tracklist tomorrow & listen to it that way. Ta' csn00b, just try not to pick a fight with the mods mate Apologies, but just not wise!
The rig:
Newcastle United
Chaos Guitar
How high the moon?
689 IQ
I just got the album today and watched the dvd. The Rev is a ****ing musical genius. I love how Syn doesn't even bither changing stings. He just orders another guitar from schecter.
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

bjovi400
UG's Sarcastic Private
3,160 IQ
Quote by Chaos Guitar
I love how Syn doesn't even bither changing stings. He just orders another guitar from schecter.

what? lmao that funny. i need to get the dvd version
Ibanez AEL 12-string

Killbait06
248 IQ
WoW i love this band, i got their cd city of evil about spring break and i listened to it for DAYS A7X is an awesome band
hethamulburton
Makes a fool of you.
143 IQ
Incredibly... predictable, delightedly... will ignore it.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Chaos Guitar
How high the moon?
689 IQ
Yea Syn will break a string and not bother to change it becasue of the Floyd Rose. He likes its an exact science to chnage and tune this thing. So he just orders another guitar from schecter.
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

Syn_Gorey13
Something Wild's Survived
32 IQ
ok here goes.... A7X have been one of my favourite bands since i first heard em, theres
not any song of theres i can say i don't like coz i think they are pretty much all awesome..
that was until there new album....Critical acclaim and almost easy are good songs but then
wat the hell. seriously im open to change but what a7x have done is disgusting. songs like
a piece of heaven, what the hell is that and dear god, the title says it all. seriously what
a massive dissapointment that album was....

.....runs for cover before getting shot

MEMBER OF THE OFFICIAL UG HATECREW
Member Of The Jackson Owners

LIVE SHOWS:
Bullet For My Valentine Feb 13th
Megadeth Feb 26th
csn00b
727 IQ
*cocks shotgun*
Quote by Chaos Guitar
Yea Syn will break a string and not bother to change it becasue of the Floyd Rose. He likes its an exact science to chnage and tune this thing. So he just orders another guitar from schecter.

yeah well, id do that if i had the money, but instead i just take it to a music store cause i have no idea what im doing.
LEAFS FOR CUP
treflip
UG's Duke Of Essex
1,030 IQ
Quite possibly the worst album I have ever heard. City Of Evil was bad enough, but the new one takes the piss. Terrible.

Makes me even more pissed off that they cancelled a tour so they could make it.