Page 1 of 7
LedZeppelin
390 IQ
Anybody like these guys? I just ordered Precambrian and it sounds sick.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
LedZeppelin
390 IQ
bump
This **** is awesome.
Everybody should have a listen.

http://www.myspace.com/theoceancollective
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
eazy-c
Angus McHighlands
40 IQ
Yaay for The Ocean.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
ctfod
Your move, creep
348 IQ
Quote by tom_ledzep
saw 'em last night. didn't think there was anything special about them.

They were fucking heavy when I saw them, too bad they were only playing to about 25% of the venue.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Marskell
UG's Soundwave
229 IQ
i reckon they need to tour with at least 10 or 15 of the people wor are on precambian
"We carry death out of the village!"
Marskell
UG's Soundwave
229 IQ
thier more epic than jesus having sex with satan
Marskell
UG's Soundwave
229 IQ
Quote by korinaflyingv
precambrian is VERY good. but I wouldn't say it owns ALL other music... just quite a lot of it.

no, precambian owns all!!! thats it /thread
Slaytanic1993
Wakka wakka
293 IQ
The tough-guy vocals on the first song were horrid.

Sounds like your average post-metal band, but with an annoying gimmick and hilarious vocals. Therefore much, much worse than any post-metal band.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
LedZeppelin
390 IQ
You know...not everything that doesn't sound like gurgles is "tough-guy." Listen to ****ing Agnosic Front. That's "tough guy."
Quote by HuckIt
Magero
Nothing to say, Bats?
1,160 IQ
1. Marskell;
Shut.
Up.
Stop being this obnoxious little twerp crying "OMG, BEST BAND EVER" in every thread. Try turning off the caps lock and expressing your affection for a band with rational thought, not "ARGH, YOU DON'T LIKE THEM!? HOW?! THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE AKHFUAHSF". It's getting really annoying.

2. Joe, check out the album "Precambrian", the entire 2nd disc is a lot closer to post-rock, disc 1 is a bit Meshuggah-esque (so I know you'd dislike it) but some of it is pretty good. Just try it man.
Slaytanic1993
Wakka wakka
293 IQ
Zeppo, the first two songs on their myspace definitely have tough-guy vocals. See Divine Heresy's first album for a band plagued with these kinds of vocals in a bad way. Agnostic Front's vocals are killer and fit...this band's...not so much.

Jack, alright, I'll try the second disc.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Last edited by Slaytanic1993 at Nov 23, 2008,
Night_Lights
I've been here too long
50 IQ
I just took a listen from myspace...

horrid vocals. Horrid. Not impressed at all... why on earth are they on tour with Opeth and Cynic?
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
The_Rabbit
10 IQ
Quote by Night_Lights
I just took a listen from myspace...

horrid vocals. Horrid. Not impressed at all... why on earth are they on tour with Opeth and Cynic?

I don't know what you listened to but I find their vocals to be some of the most impressive out there. I'm not too fond of the singer for Precambrian, and after the first half of the album it becomes a bit un-listenable for me, but Fog Diver (no vocals), Fluxion, and Aeolian are amazing. If you want good vocals check out Aeolian, as it has 7 singers credited. Austerity especially has a great vocals track. Not sure if it's the singer's voice re-recorded and delayed by a second (4 times over) or actually 4 singers at the same time, but either way it's pretty f'ing cool.
Phill-Rock
UG's Scheming Ruffian
220 IQ
I was slightly familiar with them before I saw them supporting Opeth and Cynic.

They started with this brilliant atmospheric intro.

Thn proceeded to fail in almost every possible way.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Marskell
UG's Soundwave
229 IQ
how could they fail? i dont understand....is it cause of the lack of people?
Phill-Rock
UG's Scheming Ruffian
220 IQ
That being said, they had a small section of the crowd going.

To each their own, just because I don't like doesn't mean I have a problem with them or anyone else liking them.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

Phill-Rock
UG's Scheming Ruffian
220 IQ
I doubt it's the last time you'll have to say it.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

Night_Lights
I've been here too long
50 IQ
Quote by The_Rabbit
I don't know what you listened to but I find their vocals to be some of the most impressive out there. I'm not too fond of the singer for Precambrian, and after the first half of the album it becomes a bit un-listenable for me, but Fog Diver (no vocals), Fluxion, and Aeolian are amazing. If you want good vocals check out Aeolian, as it has 7 singers credited. Austerity especially has a great vocals track. Not sure if it's the singer's voice re-recorded and delayed by a second (4 times over) or actually 4 singers at the same time, but either way it's pretty f'ing cool.

I just listened to the first song on their myspace. But Aeolian sounds interesting, I will check it out.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Marskell
UG's Soundwave
229 IQ
Quote by Night_Lights
I just listened to the first song on their myspace. But Aeolian sounds interesting, I will check it out.

Aeolian is chunky as ****!
MetalMessiah665
Blasphemofukker General
304 IQ
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Zeppo, the first two songs on their myspace definitely have tough-guy vocals. See Divine Heresy's first album for a band plagued with these kinds of vocals in a bad way. Agnostic Front's vocals are killer and fit...this band's...not so much.

Jack, alright, I'll try the second disc.

Yeah, those vocals absolutely killed the album for me. What the hell was the reasoning behind that, though, did they think good Melodic Death Metal + Really poor tough guy vocals would sound good, let alone even make sense?
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Slaytanic1993
Wakka wakka
293 IQ
Dino Casarez (another name I fail to spell right).

That is all.

Quote by eggsandham2