Page 1 of 218
Lately I've Been Listening To Tons Of Protest The Hero.
www.myspace.com/protestthehero

-The Band Is From Ontario, Canada.
-5 Members
-Considered Metalcore (I Think They Are Metal I'd Get Flamed If I Posted In Metal)
-The First Time You Listen To Heretics And Killers You Will Soil Yourself.
-On Tour With Trivium This Fall
-I'll Be Seeing Them In A Month.
-Rated The Best Live Band By DragonForce.

They Are Really An Amazing Band.
So There Needs A Forum About Them
yea, PTH is amazing. and ur right, i bout my pants when i heard heretics and killers
i got to sit and jam accousticly with them at the warped this summer, they are really really nice guys, really soft spoken and cool. but ya they are insane at everything they do, extremely technical skill and complex writing. i wouldnt consider them metal though

but alas, they are indeed a band where its either you love them or you hate them, there really isnt an in between. but i for one love them
member of the "proud owner of an Ibanez club" PM goldbuddist to join!

gear:
Deluxe Players Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez RG320FM
Standard Stratocaster
Fender FM212R
Digitech RP400
Last edited by Stratmaster69 at Sep 26, 2006,
I love the album Kezia. It's such a breath of fresh air in the metalcore genre.
They're great.
last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
They're from my hometown. They played a show at my highschool a few years ago and, despite how much I hate their music style, I was very entertained.

Definitely see them live if you get the chance.
Quote by Inimical
They're from my hometown. They played a show at my highschool a few years ago and, despite how much I hate their music style, I was very entertained.

Definitely see them live if you get the chance.

Yeah for my friends birthday, we're going to see them with Trivium. It's going to be a great show.
Wow, never really bothered listening to them. Vocals can occasionally get annoying but generally great stuff. Must pick up an album some time.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
one the most skilled bands in a long time...plus at such a young age they can pull off those sweet harmonies and awsome licks, i wouldnt consider them metalcore but thats just me. ive seen them play 4 times in my hometown and they keep getting better and better, they have amazing stage presence and i just purely love them..nice dudes
BURY YOUR DEADALIVE!
I'm glad a good band is getting a lot of attention. They truly deserve.

SEARCH YOU HOMO LOLOL
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Quote by Gomorrah

SEARCH YOU HOMO LOLOL

Haha, fo' real.

Yeah, but, if you haven't checked these guys out, you need to. I remember Brandon (Aspirations27) told me about them a long ass time ago and I was like "oh, ok, I'll check them out later."

Then when I finally got the record, I felt like a jackass.

It's one of the best things ever written. You need it.
I play guitar
I wear girl jeans. They're nice. Protest the Hero isn't hardcore or metalcore though, sorry to burst your bubble. Bands with mostly singing cannot be either of those. They're okay.. I saw them with Silverstein one time. Back when I was a queer and didn't listen to good music. They shouldn't be getting as much attention as this. They put on a good show but not an amazing one. They should get recognition but not this much. They're overrated. It's just that nobody plays fast music anymore. Check out these guys.

www.myspace.com/thehumanabstract

Progressive metal/post hardcore. You'll like that if you like Protest The Hero. You should like it damn well period, because they're incredible.
Quote by normajean812
I wear girl jeans. They're nice. Protest the Hero isn't hardcore or metalcore though, sorry to burst your bubble. Bands with mostly singing cannot be either of those. They're okay.. I saw them with Silverstein one time. Back when I was a queer and didn't listen to good music. They shouldn't be getting as much attention as this. They put on a good show but not an amazing one. They should get recognition but not this much. They're overrated. It's just that nobody plays fast music anymore. Check out these guys.

www.myspace.com/thehumanabstract

Progressive metal/post hardcore. You'll like that if you like Protest The Hero. You should like it damn well period, because they're incredible.

What Would You Consider Them ?
Protest the Hero are a great example of a genre defying band. And that is part of the reason why they are so damn good.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
I saw them live 3 times in one week this summer I sang along with every word.

I also wrote the wikipedia article on Luke Hoskin because I'm wicked like that.
I think PTH are good, but I'm sort of in between. The singing just sort of reminds me of Panic! At The Disco (Don't ask why, it just sort of does), and it kind of annoys me. I must say, though, Heretics and Killers is an awesome song. That intro just slays me.
Quote by ShredtoBed
Dude.
The gore of killing animals is supposed to scare you out of eating meat.
That and drop Q tuning with pig squeels

i fully expect a PTH/Human Abstract split...and there should be an ONLY PTH thread. This band is amazing! They completely owned a7x when i saw them together.
Steel instruments shine in
A lively light of green substance
Dead or alive
Bodies and souls are waiting for the contact with these macabre tools
They are only creations made alive
Quote by benchiefjr
i fully expect a PTH/Human Abstract split...and there should be an ONLY PTH thread. This band is amazing! They completely owned a7x when i saw them together.

I made one and I guess a mod deleted it.

So this is the "Offical Protest The Hero Only"
PTH. great band. not as good as you are all ranting about but a great band nonetheless
No, they are that good.

And there have bene about 3999 threads about them already, kids.
I play guitar
Amazing band. I had to drive an hour after looking in 5 different stores to get Kezia on the day it came out, but it was more than worth it. I'm so pissed that Trivium canceled their Rochester show with PTH, just so they could have a bigger record-release party.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
Protest is a really great band. Straight out of my hometown! And they are the nicest dudes ever, I chilled with them after their show here on the 20th. lol I even smoked a joint with Arif and Moe with my roomate who used to be in a band that toured with them (Dead and Divine anyone?). Tim's a really great dude also.
no dice.
yeah they are insane musicians, i find it hard to get into though...maybe its just because i get the impression that rody is complete douche bag though
Originally posted by thestrumbum
the scream is so powerfull. my balls started two steppin.
i unno mcbeth, when i saw them and hung out with them afterwards they all seemed pretty chill. maybe they were intimidated by my masculinity
kickass band
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Telecaster
Boss TU-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss OD-2
Boss TR-2
Boss RV-3 (best pedal ever!)
Boss BF-3
Line 6 DL4
Peavy Delta Blues 2x10
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Blues Junior
Quote by hXcMacbeth3
yeah they are insane musicians, i find it hard to get into though...maybe its just because i get the impression that rody is complete douche bag though

They do seem to be pretty outspoken about their political beliefs.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

PTH is an awesome band. They're young people, and they have such a high level of musicianship. Kezia is a killer record.
Quote by everytimeifry
i unno mcbeth, when i saw them and hung out with them afterwards they all seemed pretty chill. maybe they were intimidated by my masculinity

you probably know more about it than i do then, alot of people have said they are really cool guys in person, i wouldnt know ive never even seen them live but just judging by all the crap he puts on their myspace and interviews and stuff like that, he just gives off the impression of being a jerk
Originally posted by thestrumbum
the scream is so powerfull. my balls started two steppin.
meh

Their music is better than most hardcore but their vocals are so damn faggoty I wouldnt be caught dead listening to them in public (unless it were on headphones).
Quote by King ofKumbucha
meh

Their music is better than most hardcore but their vocals are so damn faggoty I wouldnt be caught dead listening to them in public (unless it were on headphones).

Dont be such a narrowminded moron. "Faggoty?" Are you serious?

The fact that you wouldnt listen to them because they arent accepted by the general public is shallow and cowardly.
Quote by King ofKumbucha
meh

LOL

Faggoty?

Thats funny.

Protest the hero's cd was clearly one of the best cd's of last year

behind Ascendancy (Trivium) , and City Of Evil.

Seriously why talk ? Can you sing any better ?
Quote by CheifSlapAhoe

not this year, and city of evil is horrible.

PTH was amazing both times i saw them, rody was hilarious between songs. i was very entertained
Originally posted by Phoenixblade
you're an asshole.
Yes, it my opinion that the vocals are indeed very gay.
They sound like pop singing...his voice reminds me of Fallout Boy, and he screams like a little school girl.
Quote by Spaceman_Spiff

The fact that you wouldnt listen to them because they arent accepted by the general public is shallow and cowardly.

And I never said that I dont listen to them because they arent accepted... do you think death metal as a genre is accepted? I listen to that stuff all the time.
Quote by CheifSlapAhoe
LOL

Faggoty?

Thats funny.

Protest the hero's cd was clearly one of the best cd's of last year

Seriously why talk ? Can you sing any better ?

LOL at that a7x comment...best album of the year?? Hardly.

And to your question of, "Why talk?"
If we all followed that way of thinking then most people couldnt complain about anything.

Child: "I dont like this apple ma..."

Mother of said child: "Shut the **** up son, lets see you grow them better"

Potential Buyer: "I dont like this house, the roof is leaking and there are cracks in the walls"

Real Estate Agent: "Well lets see you build it better"

Me: "I dont like this guys singing cuz he sounds like a ****ing faggot."

CheifSlapAhoe & Spaceman_Spiff in unison from their love bed: "...well gee...now that you mention it, he does sound like he guzzles a little too much cum between shows... *kissing ensues*"
etc. etc.

Im sorry, did I just make a little too much sense for your dumb little half assed high school arguement?
Last edited by King ofKumbucha at Oct 5, 2006,
****in yah protest the hero is my favourite band ever and the lead singer sounds awesome to me, and its not cause I like pussy bands or anything you rlooking at a guy who likes Parkway drive and Norma jean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvpowerchords
You should try girl pants.

They're fucking righteous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skratch_Acid

gayer words have never been spoken
Quote by CheifSlapAhoe
clearly one of the best cd's of last year

Seriously why talk ?

Come one people, am I seriously the only one to respond to this beside the kid who's trying to defend himself??

I don't even know what to say.
Listen to my music here